wish me luck?

With a lot of interest in Auto's here, only wingless machines please!

wish me luck?

Postby Jared » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:24 pm

Tomorrow morning Sunday September 10th) I will depart from my grandma's house to drive the 120NM trip back to my house in the 1965 mercury comet :).

After looking the car over a few times today and driving it for awhile it seems like it is solid enough to make it home in one piece, and if not we have a number of people between here and there that we can call for advice and a wrench or two if needed (yes we got tools in support vehicle.. ;)

if y'all don't hear from me again...something went seriously wrong ;)

see y'all on the flip side!
Jared
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: wish me luck?

Postby Mushroom_Farmer » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:49 pm

'65 Comet, eh? Lucky dog you are and a nice little rod. Hope the best for your trek but if anything should happen at least it won't take a computer to do a diagnosis.  ;) BTW, small V-8 or inline 6?

"We're just sitting here trying to put our PCjrs in a pile and burn them. And the damn things won't burn. That's the only thing IBM did right with it - they made i
Mushroom_Farmer
Major
Major

Re: wish me luck?

Postby Jared » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:12 pm

lol, thanks for the wishes guys...

indeed 128 miles (which is what it was from beginning to end) isn't too far of a trip, but for a 41 year old car/engine that hadn't been run in almost a full year I was a little worried about it. That is until I got about 5 minutes down the road and the thing hadn't quit running...so I just figured she was bound to be a good running happy go lucky car...and go figure, few hours later we arrived where we needed to be where she got the much deserved wash job of a lifetime to rid her of a years worth of dirt.. :D

Overall performance was pretty good, got some noisy valves....a very SMALL power steering leak and quite possibly a bad air-ride shock on the back passenger side.

Other than that she's a smooth running car with no troubles thus far....only work that needs done is cosmetics like replacing interior, painting it all inside/out and redoing the chrome :)

pics to come later this week I'm sure ;)
Jared
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Autos