Foz is correct

With a lot of interest in Auto's here, only wingless machines please!

Re: Foz is correct

Postby ozzy72 » Wed May 10, 2006 1:31 pm

Pete I'm with you on the generally stupid tin-can drivers! Sometimes I wish I had one of those Bond bikes with rockets and guns... in the words of Q "You have a licence to kill 007, not to break the traffic laws" ;D
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Hagar » Wed May 10, 2006 2:09 pm

I'm not anti-bike. I was a motorcyclist myself many years ago so I can see it from both sides. Some bikers give them all a bad name by doing the most stupid things imaginable. On the other hand, some motorists have an inherent distrust of anyone on two wheels. Rush hour is not the best time to be travelling, whatever mode of transport you use. Having commuted by road for many years I found that the regulars have their own way of driving. They do it every day & know what to expect from other regular road users. People tend to drive quite differently at other times of day.

Filtering might be legal but I know some motorists that get very bothered by it. They've possibly had a bad experience in the past or maybe the sort of person that won't give way to anyone. There's plenty of inconsiderate road users of all types around. I must admit it makes me nervous as it would be so easy to hit a bike trying to squeeze in between two cars, possibly with serious results for the biker. You need eyes in the back of your head these days. Before getting too hot under the collar you might try driving a car in the rush hour. ;)

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ozzy72 » Wed May 10, 2006 3:44 pm

The last idiot who tried to kill me on my bike lost his mirror to my brake handle! I have to say I think most car drivers in the UK are dangerous as well as anti-bike. The first time I rode on the continent was mind-blowing :o Tin-cans would move over to let me get past! Then I discovered that most people on the continent had been on 2 wheels before 4 so they had respect for you. Oddly there isn't much in the way of road rage and the like in mainland Europe (that said I'll still avoid Greek taxi-drivers 'cos they make Kamikaze pilots look sensible) 8)
Last edited by ozzy72 on Wed May 10, 2006 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BMan1113VR » Wed May 10, 2006 9:45 pm

I have to say I think most car drivers in the UK are dangerous as well as anti-bike.
you should ride in the US of A (specifically Los Angeles). . .it is scary.
Sincerely,
Me

SimV NFL 2006-2007 Season Pool Co-Champion (157-99; 9-2)
SimV NFL 2005-2006 Season Pool Co-Champion (163-93)
SimV NFL 2004-2005 Season Pool Champion (1
BMan1113VR
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby beaky » Thu May 11, 2006 11:44 am

Just last weekend, some kid got killed on his bike practically under my window. I'm not sure what happened, but if he was riding carefully I'll eat my hat. Call it a hunch.

To make things worse, the spot where he left this world (under a RR overpass right next to a busy state highway) immediately became the site of a memorial shrine. That in and of itself doesn't bother me, nor the fact that at any given time for the last week there have been friends, etc. visiting the shrine to pay their respects...making a mess, blocking traffic, etc... it's the ohter phenomenon: Every night, almost all night long, there have been morons in their hyper-tuned cars (not bikes, oddly enough) doing burnouts and doughnuts - and drifting!!- at the site, right in the middle of a busy intersection-
Last edited by beaky on Thu May 11, 2006 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
beaky
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Mynameisnemo » Fri May 12, 2006 7:20 am

No kidding, me and my best mate are planning a trip to Amsterdam next summer on our bikes just before he goes off to the army and I move out to go to university.

Hopefully it'll be a bit easier than riding here and we'll try get a bit of autobahn action in too 8)

cool hope you pass your test Pete, i'm just waiting till i finish work now to go and pick my new one up  ;D ....piccy's comming later.

nemo........
Mynameisnemo

Return to Autos