Pot, etc, Smokers Beware!

With a lot of interest in Auto's here, only wingless machines please!

Pot, etc, Smokers Beware!

Postby Fozzer » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:18 am

Now that California, and various other places, are making the taking/smoking of the drug; Marijuana "legal"; for the safety of myself and other road users, this new device is something which is long overdue...

...I reckon!...>>>

http://kron4.com/2017/07/25/video-bay-a ... hile-high/

My biggest concern when I am out and about on my Motorcycle, is the thought of a driver approaching me in a motor vehicle whilst out of his/her brain on some form of mind-altering drug!

DUI: Driving whilst under the Influence of Drink and/or Drugs.

"Breathalysers" work for detecting Alcohol.
Now we need; "Drugalysers", for detecting specific mind-affecting Drugs as well!

You need to be in full control, when behind those Steering Wheels/Handlebars.... :o ...!

Paul.

P.S..I can never figure out how some US States appear to allow the driving of a motor vehicle on public roads without any form of Motor Vehicle Insurance? I hear claims that it is not necessary/required in some States!... :shock: ...!
https://www.justlanded.com/english/Unit ... -insurance
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Pot, etc, Smokers Beware!

Postby Jetranger » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:17 am

It has been my Experience from 25 + years as a Professional Big Rig Semi' Driver, that there are some humans (supposed people), who are so Mentally Challenged to begin with, that they shouldn't even be allowed to operate a MOTOR anything !!!

Now throw in Alcohol & Dope & Drugs on top of that and you've got the PERFECT reciepe for :

DISASTER !!!

Throw in on TOP of all that , CELL PHONES, Texting while Driving, GPS Devices, reading a Magazine / Newspaper, putting on make up while driving,, eating a 12 course meal while driving,, doing work on a lap-top computer while driving,,, having a PET in your lap while driving, and last but NOT least putting up with 6 screaming rugrats in the back seat while driving ,,,,,,,

Shit, who wants to Drive anymore and put up with all these Degenerate Brainless Idiots :lol: :D :clap:
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby ftldave » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:09 pm

My dear father always wanted to follow W.C. Field's example in "If I Had A Million" - the "Road Hog" episode, where millionaire Fields would run bad drivers and road-hog jerks right off the highway, replacing his own car each time with a brand new model.

But dad would have preferred a 2-1/2 ton Army truck, with railroad tie bumpers.

ftldave
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Apex » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:13 pm

Once a time when New Year's Eve was "Just pretend everyone is drunk and drive accordingly" and you'll be OK. But I got in the habit, long ago, of never drinking on New Year's Eve,
and almost never drinking, not that I was ever a big drinker, when driving.

What stopped me from taking ANY alcohol whatsoever, not even one sup, when driving, were TV commercials "Killed by a drunk driver" back when sponsored by MADD.

Nowadays, it's your life any time. Miami streets are NS and EW, no real other directions much, so it's easy to drive over the limit when you're just going in straight lines. And it's those who do and those who talk and text who seem to really not know how to drive. Ya just can't get anywhere if traffic is thick, so why bother?

I drive a sports car. Hands on the wheel, eyes open all around, and yeah, I got a cell, sure, but only for road emergencies etc. I couldn't figure out how to talk on a cell while driving if you paid me. So how's then everyone else's driving while talking? I guess practice makes perfect, and I see a lot of practicing going on.

"Drive carefully, the life you save may be your own" was a big saying long ago. Right on target, I'd say.
Apex
Major
Major

Return to Autos