Biting the Bullett!

With a lot of interest in Auto's here, only wingless machines please!

Biting the Bullett!

Postby Fozzer » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:21 am

......Of horses and motorcars!.... ;) ....!

Mustangs!

Time to watch the film again!...>>>

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... found.html

"Garza said that the Mustang had been rotting away in Baja California Sur for 20-30 years, reported Fox".

...a strange place...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baja_California

Paul.... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Biting the Bullett!

Postby Hawkeye07 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:41 pm

Great movie! I love movie trivia especially about what goes on during filming and production. Here's a story I read many years ago about the movie "Bullitt"
Remember the scene where McQueen is chasing the bad guys down that series of moguls? The director, Peter Yates, wanted to ride with McQueen on a dry run down the hill to better visualize camera angles and locations. So they took off down the hill bouncing and "flying" their way to the bottom. When they finally stopped Yates remarked to McQueen "Boy, that was really exciting!" McQueen turned to him and replied "It was more exciting than you realize. We lost our brakes about half way down the hill."

Talking of movie trivia... Remember the movie "The Fugitive" (1993) starring Harrison Ford? Do you recall the scene where the train wrecks? I have a copy of it on VHS and at the end is bloopers and "How They Made It" sort of trivia. Well they explained that the train wreck scene wasn't done with model trains, they actually used real locomotives. The lead engines were gutted of course and a live engine was used to push the doomed train. It was done that way because it was cheaper than having that sequence done with models.

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:32 am

Hawk.... ;) ....

Film trivia.

One of my favourite films....>>>

"DUEL".... :dance: ...!

One of Stephen Spielberg's first directions....and very well done!

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2016/05/07/40747/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067023/trivia

http://www.movie-locations.com/movies/d ... MEf7NxBrcs

The route of the truck all the way from Los Angeles, along the Sierra Highway, Agua Dulce Canyon Road, Soledad Canyon Road, and Angeles Forest Highway.....

..a journey I have taken, and still take, many times in my Flight Sims, and I know like the back of my hand....

....and whenever I fire up my Truck Sims I always select the old Peterbilt 281, long nose hood, as my vehicle of choice!

An amazing, one word film title, like "Dune"....another excellent film... :D ...!

Duel: A Fight.
Dual: Two of them!

...Dune: A pile of sand.

Paul.... :mrgreen: ....!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067023/
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Shadowcaster » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:55 am

Just got a new BluRay player to replace my aged Sony one and bought Bullitt and Le Mans, Two great films no pointless love stories just telling the story and although the chase scenes in Bullitt may look a bit dated I can't think of another film that builds the tension like it. Le Mans is still as good to watch today as it's ever been, the driving and crashes are for real (no CGI then). Even the start with the heartbeats getting louder and faster builds up and I still jump when the engines start. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cheers
Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:53 am

Shadowcaster wrote:Just got a new BluRay player to replace my aged Sony one and bought Bullitt and Le Mans, Two great films no pointless love stories just telling the story and although the chase scenes in Bullitt may look a bit dated I can't think of another film that builds the tension like it. Le Mans is still as good to watch today as it's ever been, the driving and crashes are for real (no CGI then). Even the start with the heartbeats getting louder and faster builds up and I still jump when the engines start. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cheers
Rich

There was a time, long ago, in the 1970's and 1980's, when Films were fun for all the family!....

The list is endless!

I cant help but grin when I recall some of the comedy ones!

The various adventure films with all the children (now grown up!) in them...

Christmas Lampoon, RV, The Burbs, Flight of the Navigator, The Goonies....etc...etc...etc...

Humour in the Olden Days!.... :dance: ...!

...and, of course, there's always the original Star Wars!

Films were fun. and often quite dangerous to act!

Paul.....I love all the Old Stuff!.... :D ....!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hawkeye07 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:55 am

Fozzer wrote:
There was a time, long ago, in the 1970's and 1980's, when Films were fun for all the family!....
The list is endless!
I cant help but grin when I recall some of the comedy ones!
The various adventure films with all the children (now grown up!) in them...
Christmas Lampoon, RV, The Burbs, Flight of the Navigator, The Goonies....etc...etc...etc...
Humour in the Olden Days!.... :dance: ...!
...and, of course, there's always the original Star Wars!
Films were fun. and often quite dangerous to act!

Paul.....I love all the Old Stuff!.... :D ....!

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is a holiday staple in our house. Still a very funny movie even after all the times we've watched it. :lol:
"How The Grinch Stole Christmas" with Jim Carrey is another holiday classic. Carrey does an excellent job portraying the Grinch.

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Return to Autos