Mini Jeep

With a lot of interest in Auto's here, only wingless machines please!

Mini Jeep

Postby Shadowcaster » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:05 am

I have no idea why but I really like the look of this, looks like a lot of fun
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/ma ... vp-AAjHQJS

Cheers
Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Re: Mini Jeep

Postby Flying Trucker » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:52 pm

I am with you Rich... <<q

Smaller than the original World War 2 Jeep but quite similar in appearance.

We had a 1941 Willy's...6 volt system and Gas Tank under the drivers seat...today the Jeeps are much larger and still ride the same... :lol:

Now give me a Land Rover any day...I think the Old Girl and I have had Land Rovers since they were made. The Rover Car was the Old Girls favorite, she has a heavy foot and likes the rack and pinion steering. :dance:

http://www.birminghampost.co.uk/news/lo ... rn-8478247
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Shadowcaster » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:45 am

Doug I've just come over all misty eyed at the mention of Land Rovers, I really miss my old Discovery V8 auto without a doubt the best car I ever owned. :cry: My present mode of transport is a Rover 75 diesel and although it does it job (apart from the Airbag ECU) but it's no Landy. Whenever we go to visit SWMBO's family I look at the old Longbridge site and remember working at a BL dealership in the 70's, and no the cars produced by BL, (Austin, Morris, Rover Land Rover ect) were no where near as bad as people say.

Cheers
Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby Flying Trucker » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:07 am

Good morning Rich

We owned Austin, Morris, Rover Land Rover and Triumph vehicles for more than seven decades I think.

Lived in the country where during the Winter Months minus 30 Celsius and four feet of snow was normal...NEVER had a Land Rover let me down yet.
As a matter of fact I pulled more Jeeps and other vehicle contraptions out of the ditch many times.

One of the best and most fun vehicles I had was a Triumph Spitfire which I drove 160 miles one way to the airport I flew out of several times a week.
In the company parking lot there were seven or eight different Marks of this vehicle owned by different Pilots and we all tried to park in one area.

I drove that vehicle during all Four Seasons on paved and gravel roads without an accident or problem.

Land Rover needs to smarten up and start putting Dealerships in smaller cities rather than large Hubs like Toronto. They also need to redesign the looks of the Land Rover to make it look more rugged like the 1960s Land Rovers. If I wanted to own and drive something sleek looking I would buy a Rolls Royce or Jaguar.
Not sure about the Land Rover Design Team...maybe they are Rejects from the British Aircraft Industry... :lol: :doh:
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Autos