E-Type Jaguar. Slight smoke damage. Needs TLC...

With a lot of interest in Auto's here, only wingless machines please!

E-Type Jaguar. Slight smoke damage. Needs TLC...

Postby Fozzer » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:38 am

How unfortunate can you get!

http://www.dailybreeze.com/general-news ... ost_viewed

Owner....mustn't grumble....it can be fixed... :lol: ...!

Paul..... :D...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: E-Type Jaguar. Slight smoke damage. Needs TLC...

Postby pete » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:31 am

That's going to be LOT of work and a LOT of money in parts. But that car would never hit the scrapyards. It will be interesting to see if the restoration progress emerges online.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Fozzer » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:28 am

One thing I love about Americans is their sheer optimism in the face of dire adversity!

...gleaned with the experience from the old Wagon Trails from the East Coast to the West Coast!

There is no such thing as a; "problem", or a; "disaster".... :D ...!

A shrug of the shoulders, and start all over again!... ;) ....!

Amazing!

Paul.... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby expat » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:05 pm

As someone in the middle of a full restoration of a classic car, that one does not look that bad to me. The interior will have been toast, but the overall damage does not look that bad from the pictures. I am taking a guess that the car was "only" licked by the flames and did not actually burn in the full meaning. Take a look a the tyres, apart from being deflated, there is no rubber damage to see. This chaps biggest problems is going to be getting quality spares.

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Autos