Top Gear in trouble...

With a lot of interest in Auto's here, only wingless machines please!

Top Gear in trouble...

Postby Fozzer » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:42 am

..again....this time...in the South Atlantic!... :o ....>>>

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29488770

Dear-oh-dear!.... ;) ...!

Paul....Argentina Steak and Kidney Pie for dins today...>>>

From Argentina.... With love...>>> http://www.britishcornershop.co.uk/fray ... kidney-pie
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Top Gear in trouble...

Postby expat » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:00 pm

To be honest I find the press reaction rather amusing. The tabloids have put their usual vitriol and nationalistic attitude towards Argentina on hold for a while because Clarkson is supposedly offending them. Rather ironic I think. Also I have to say that unless it was pointed out I would never have put the number plate and the conflict together. I also think that there is more to this story than meets the eye as the number plates were change once the connection was made........ :think:

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby B52bob » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:40 pm

I don't watch Top Gear because of Jeremy. I find him the most egotistical, self-seving person I ever saw on TV. Granted, the Argentinions went a little (a lot) overboard on this.

Too bad...I did like some of the show.
B52bob
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Apex » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:36 pm

Yeah, granted, the locals seriously overreacted there, obviously still no over the Falklands conflict.

We don't get TopGear here, at least not on network TV, I've never seen the show, so I guess that qualifies my spot on the jury as a totally impartial juriest and therefore able to render an unbiased opinion, or maybe a verdict.

I checked it out on Wikipedia, tho, to see what the show is about. Lots of detail there. Seems controversy is not new to the show.

OK, so in my opinion, for whatever it's worth, and I must tell y'awl I did consult my 'Columbo Manual' and my 'S. Holmes For Smarties' book first:

There is NO WAY that license I.D. could be a coincidence. Just look at it, c'mon, it's contrived. Every part of it is a reference to the Falklands War.

>> But the kicker here is this: Margaret Thatcher's middle initial is "H"!!! And guess who was the British PM at the time??

Now look at the plate with different "eyes and brains", as Mr Holmes would say.

Eyes and brains, y'awl, eyes and brains!
Apex
Major
Major

Postby pete » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:08 pm

Clarkson is an idiot who is loved by idiots. Period. I love cars but wipe him and it could be a good show
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby logjam » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:26 pm

I have to say the show IS different.
logjam
Major
Major

Postby Sprocket » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:53 am

pete wrote:Clarkson is an idiot who is loved by idiots. Period. I love cars but wipe him and it could be a good show

B52bob wrote:I don't watch Top Gear because of Jeremy. I find him the most egotistical, self-seving person I ever saw on TV. Granted, the Argentinions went a little (a lot) overboard on this.

Too bad...I did like some of the show.

Absolutely agree :clap: Idiots the lot of them..
That side-kick shadow of his, Richard Hammond, got into a real car not so long ago, could not control it and ended up wearing nappies in hospital for a good while.
Everything with this (CIRCUS) lot is a joke you see.

Jan
Sprocket
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Steve M » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:01 pm

I watched this moronic show one time. That episode seemed to be yammering on about how bad American cars and drivers are, and of course, to the nods from a select group of fans across the sea who take glee in anyone that can run down the USA/North American culture. I take half of my mindset from the show itself and half from comments in other car forums and comments from articles.
Steve M
Major
Major

Return to Autos