Lesson to car drivers -

With a lot of interest in Auto's here, only wingless machines please!

Lesson to car drivers -

Postby pete » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:27 am

Always watch for bikes!! I saw a crash myself many years ago when some woman pulled out into an oncoming bike. Since then I always watch out for bikers.

http://kfor.com/2014/09/04/family-relea ... awareness/
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Lesson to car drivers -

Postby Bass » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:55 am

Yes, but it should not only be a lesson to car drivers!
Once i came along an accident, where a biker has overlooked a car coming towards him. He was overtaking several cars in a very high speed!
He almost cut the car into two pieces from front to rear. It all went up in flames!! I never forget the useless helping.
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby Apex » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:10 am

I always exercise extreme caution whenever I see bikers, bicyclists, and people walking. Extreme caution. And this shows why. Most of the bikers I see are OK, no high speeds, it's difficult
in local traffic anyway, but some do cut in and out, usually well done. We drivers need to watch everything and never make assumptions about how someone else will behave when on the road.
Apex
Major
Major

Postby pete » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:54 am

Bass wrote:Yes, but it should not only be a lesson to car drivers!
Once i came along an accident, where a biker has overlooked a car coming towards him. He was overtaking several cars in a very high speed!
He almost cut the car into two pieces from front to rear. It all went up in flames!! I never forget the useless helping.

True but in cases like this (& they seem to be very common - cars not seeing bikes) - the car was the main cause of the accident.

The biker drives at high speed - if he hits a car when the car has done nothing wrong - it's the biker's fault.

In this case it was the car that didn't see the bike and pulled across the road into his path. Even if he was doing 50 he could have been killed or certainly injured for life (wheelchair for example)
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Fozzer » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:41 am

I'll tell your what...

....as a keen motorcyclist for the past 65 years, with a 65-year clean licence, and no accidents, that video really scared me, when observing the speed that he was travelling!
The maximum speed on all our roads, (except for motorways, 70MPH), is 60 MPH, which I always observe.
He was travelling at 40 MPH over the maximum speed limit, (97 MPH, I believe that 100+ MPH results in an instant ban).
Observing very fast traffic: Many times when riding my Motorcycle, I have been overtaken by other Motorcyclists travelling so fast that I haven't had time to notice them in my rear view mirror before they have roared past, and made me jump, and I am sure that Motorists have experienced the same!
To a Motorist, a Motorcyclist is just a tiny dot in the distance, either in front, or behind, and the speed at which they appear, often without warning, can be terrifying.
There is no doubt that both Motorcyclists and other users of the road need to be constantly aware of each other.
...and always remember the signs posted on the side of the roads, warning that; "SPEED KILLS!".

Many times, travelling at, or even near the national speed limit, under certain conditions, can be far too fast for everyone's safety!

Anticipate what can go terribly wrong as you ride/drive...that's what I do!

Riding on my motorcycle, I have a natural inbuilt fear of pain and dying!

Paul....A Honda and two Yamahas.....(and an old, very sad, Austin Allegro sulking, unused in my garage).... 8-) ...!

Just as an aside; it wouldn't have helped in this case, but I notice that most/all USA road junctions and T-junctions carry the large word "STOP" painted on the road, and on the road side signs.. Very few of our dangerous road junctions carry such signs, which always worries me.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:58 pm

The future for Motorcyclists...>>>

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12266406

Paul...Take care... ;) ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Autos