Motorcyclists Corner.....

With a lot of interest in Auto's here, only wingless machines please!

Re: Motorcyclists Corner.....

Postby Tug002 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:56 pm

Another thumbs up on your latest video Paul :clap: I was out today myself for a ride and maybe tomorrow if the weather holds up :pray:

Keep smiling
Tug :)
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:37 am

Tug002 wrote:Another thumbs up on your latest video Paul :clap: I was out today myself for a ride and maybe tomorrow if the weather holds up :pray:

Keep smiling

Ta, Tug!.... :dance: ...!

I hope the Sun keeps shining on you...up there in BC!

Down here....>>>

Monday morning news.

Cover story:

Weathering the storm (With a new Cover)...>>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQJVn-YTZTo&t=132s

Paul..... ;) .... ;) ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:15 am

The other alarming face of our favourite Motorcycle activity and fun!...>>>>

The nasty side!

http://kron4.com/2017/11/20/hells-angel ... onspiracy/

Every day I converse with all my Internet Biking Chums from all around the World, and this is the sort of deplorable news which casts alarm and suspicion upon all we Family Bikers (mostly Harley Davidson etc, Cruisers) and our machines!

It is a blot on all our characters as we enjoying the delights of exploring the scenery all around us as we travel either solo or with our wives and girlfriends (husbands and boyfriends for all the many Lady Bikers!).

It takes all sorts of people, but these are the sort of people of which we would rather not be associated with!.... :twisted: ....!

On a lighter note!.... :D .....

The late November Weather is still holding up (warmish!) in England, so I am taking advantage of it and still recording my Motorcycle trips around my County before the Winter snow and ice sets in.... to slow things down somewhat!

There you go, all my friends. Some recent biking fun and frolicks!...>>>

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp5lKG ... 9JA/videos

Paul....and not a Hells Angel in sight!.....trust me!.... :lol: .... :lol: ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby 511Flyer » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:29 pm

Hi Paul.

I watched your latest ride with interest. From memory of my 20+years spent in Bush Bank and Westhope. the seasons come a little later than they do in the South. The trees on Canon Pyon Road still had plenty of green leaves on them, but here in Surrey, what few leaves are left are brown.

Also, what happened to the Roman road? My recollection of driving down to Stretton Sugwas was down a narrow lane as far as the Travellers rest. It now appears to be a very wide road. Unless of course you were on another road altogether. I saw that you turned left and met the Brecon road by Wyevale, so I'm intrigued.

Thanks for the ride, and I'm sure that truck behind you at the Portway made things uncomfortable for you. A good enough reason to turn off, pity you chose a lane covered in red Herefordshire mud!

Den.
511Flyer
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:58 pm

511Flyer wrote:Hi Paul.

I watched your latest ride with interest. From memory of my 20+years spent in Bush Bank and Westhope. the seasons come a little later than they do in the South. The trees on Canon Pyon Road still had plenty of green leaves on them, but here in Surrey, what few leaves are left are brown.

Also, what happened to the Roman road? My recollection of driving down to Stretton Sugwas was down a narrow lane as far as the Travellers rest. It now appears to be a very wide road. Unless of course you were on another road altogether. I saw that you turned left and met the Brecon road by Wyevale, so I'm intrigued.

Thanks for the ride, and I'm sure that truck behind you at the Portway made things uncomfortable for you. A good enough reason to turn off, pity you chose a lane covered in red Herefordshire mud!

Den.

Hello Den!

You noticed!

...the new Roman Road (bypass for East/Westbound traffic).

Like you, I fondly recall the ORIGINAL (1940's 1950's) very narrow country road stretching from the A49 Roundabout, Bobblestock, to the Travellers Rest Pub in Stretton Sugwas Village which I often traveled on my various Motorbikes!

If you carefully study Google Street Map you can still trace the path of the original road!

So many changes in the county road systems since the Olden Days!....(the 1940's).

....take a peek at some of my Pontrilas to Abergavenny trips! See if you can spot the original remnants of the twisty road from the Monnow Bridge to The Village of Pandy (Llanviangel Crucorney) disappearing on either side of the road.
I close my eyes and I can travel it now on my 350 Royal Enfield Bike...(in my Dreams!)

I have many fond memories of various roads in the county...now long gone!

...how about the ORIGINAL road over Dinedor Hill towards Leominster, now lost in amongst the dense trees (I followed it on foot a few years ago)! The new one is totally different!

Many thanks for the reply, Den, and a reminder of fun times in the distant past!

Paul....:mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:18 am

Thanks for the ride Paul. We now have snow so my bike is up for the duration. Sounds like you have the same problem with your roads over there as we do, get new blacktop and a week later they tear it up then put a crappy patch over the hole to see if they can make anyone on a bike airborne before you discover that they have destroyed a perfectly good stretch of new pavement. :doh: If you do put your camera on top of your helmet make sure you have the right angle as I have seen so many videos of bikers with them on top that are either looking at the sky or down to low to see ahead. I don't know how you would figure it out but good luck with the camera.

Looking forward to your next adventure <<q
Keep smiling
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby 511Flyer » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:36 am

Hi Paul,
Thanks for clearing that one up about the Roman Road. We moved up to Bush Bank when we bought The Bush pub in 1986, and returned "home" to Surrey in 2007.

I remember the other half of the Roman Road from the Starting Gate to Three Elms before they re routed it. The A4110 Canon Pyon road hasn't changed at all as far as I could see. A very dangerous road if you didn't know it, and I recall many accidents, some of which sadly were fatal.

Also, the A49 was recognised as one of the most dangerous roads in the UK. So be careful Y'hear!

Den.
511Flyer
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby 511Flyer » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:49 pm

The only motorbike I owned was a Triumph Thunderbird. It was 1958, I was in the RAF and I managed to save the deposit out of my meagre pay. I went to MPHW Sales in Woking, handed over my money, signed on the dotted line, fitted a pair of L plates, and cocked my leg over a 650cc monster. No crash helmet, no leather jacket, no gloves. They had to saved up for. Rode it home as pleased as Punch. Imagine that today. 50cc is it for learners? Mind you, some of the small bikes of today could leave the Thunderbird in the dust. Laying flat on the tank, downhill with a following wind, I once managed 95mph. Wow!

Unfortunately, that bike was written off in an accident that nearly cost me my life, and was the beginning of the end of my career in the RAF. Luckily, I was able to afford the proper riding gear by then, otherwise I'd have been a goner. A lady driver had pulled out to overtake, but hadn't seen me coming from the opposite direction. Big bang, and the next thing I remember is being in the ambulance.

The bike was repaired, but I never rode it again. It's strange, but I've never forgotten the Reg, PGU 736. I wonder if it's still out there somewhere?

You see Paul, you've got my old memory running in overdrive now. Happy days.

Den.
511Flyer
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:38 pm

Hello Den!

Memories!

I passed my motorcycle test in 1950 at the age of 16....

...easy-peasy...ride up the road, turn around and come back again whilst the Tester watched me from the curb, answered a couple of questions correctly and I got my Motorcycle license!
All sorts of British bikes, solo, and sidecar for the family, (including my 1948 Vincent HRD 1000cc Rapide) from then on until the "Japanese Motorcycle Invasion", then it was a selection of various Honda's and Yamahas, which I still own, ride, and enjoy today, every day.
Whilst in the British Army on the Rhine in 1956 (National Service) I passed a driving test (easy-peasy, they were desperately short of drivers!) driving my enormous Petrol Scammel Tank Transporter up and down the Autobahn, and therefore got my civilian Motorcar license upon getting demobbed back into civvy street!
My most recent motor car, 1982 Austin Allegro 1.5 HL was, and still is, garaged in 1990. I got fed up with all the daily traffic jams, and resorted to motorcycling only instead!
...now, I just get wet and cold on my motorcycles!.... :lol: ...!

...but its FUN!

Take care, Den!

Paul..... :D ....!

P.S I believe your; "Bush Bank Inn" is also a meetup point for local Motorcyclists. (Leominster Motorcycle Club?).
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:17 am

A Happy New Year to all my Motorcycle Chums!.... :dance: ...

...and also my many Chums who are unfortunate in not having a Motorcycle.... :cry: ....!

Its a brand new year for we two-wheelers with some of us braving the cold of Winter!

It's quite chilly up here, for we Northern Hemisphericals!... :roll: ...!

However...

I girded my loins last Thursday and braved the results of the Atlantic storm "Eleanor", wheeled out my trusty machine and had a fantastic time in the slightly warmer weather....
..... battling against the wind....
...and at one point being assisted by it to reach astronomical road speeds.... < 60-65MPH...Woo-Hoo!.... :o ...!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xqrb3R4xrk

Daisy and I had a great time. All we need now is for Spring, and much warmer weather to appear, and we will be touring the countryside again....

... with the wind in my hair, and flies in my teeth...(and Daisy's headlamp glass).

More videos to come as the weather gets warmer...we need warmth!

Paul.... :D ....!

The lot....so far...>>>

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp5lKG ... 9JA/videos
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:06 am

Gave you a thumbs up for another great ride Paul. :clap: I'm afraid it is still a little cool here for a ride though at -40c :cry:

Keep smiling
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:05 am

Tug002 wrote:Gave you a thumbs up for another great ride Paul. :clap: I'm afraid it is still a little cool here for a ride though at -40c :cry:

Keep smiling

..... :o ....!

Too right, Tug.... :shock: ...!

My "Hemisphericals" are frozen in my trousers... :? ....

Just got back from a shopping trip to Sainsbury's (again) and my tears are frozen to my eyeballs, and my nose drip has frozen before it reaches my chin....

...probably... ;) ...!

34*F, but the wind chill temp was much lower...!

...and to top it all off, our Chums in Auzzie-land are suffering in temps of 117 degrees Farenheit (47.3 C).....>>>

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-42595180

I wouldn't mind a little bit of that warmth, at the moment, up here!... :pray: ....!

Take care, Tug...and keep telling yourself..."Spring is on the way"..... :lol: ...!

Paul....defrosting my Hemisphericals....very slowly....:? ....!

Good grief!....Just done the temp conversion: -40C = -40F....WOW!.... :o ....! Time to move to Auzzie-land!... :D ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Anthindelahunt » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:06 pm

Not a good time to move here,although there has been a temp. drop
early this morning. It should be only low 30's C. today. The roads are
melting. I hope this cooler change lasts a while. It has been too hot to
go outside. Yesterday was 40 ish. C. That is over a Hundred F. In Victoria
47+ C. It is not quite Six am here and it has dropped down to 23 C. Estimated
to be 32 today. Except for Tasmania the ACT is the coolest place on the mainland.
Yesterday evening we had a power outage. No air con. Very nasty. :snooty:

I wish for a dump of snow right now or some rain. My YA YA's feel barbequed . :angry-extinguishflame:

Anthin... :shifty:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:49 am

I don't know whether its because I'm getting older, and thinner, but I have difficulty in trying to remember the time when we had a nice heat wave in England!
Last year we had 2 days of 80 Degrees F...and wearing shirt sleeves on my motorcycle...and that was our lot!

We just have mild Winters and cool Summers now!

...and poo in between...

Paul...off to Sainsbury's on my Bike in a minute...in 36*F.... :( ....!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:37 pm

The latest fun on two-wheels.....>>>>

Thursday 11th January 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5HDEytiQ2w&t=188s

Having lots of fun and laughter with my American and Canadian Motorcycling Chums!

Weather; cold and wet, but I brave it for a shopping trip for lots of nice things to eat and drink to keep the winter chills ('Flu!) away!

Ta for watching, Folks!.... :dance: ...!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Autos