Motorcyclists Corner.....

With a lot of interest in Auto's here, only wingless machines please!

Re: Motorcyclists Corner.....

Postby Fozzer » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:51 am

Tug,.... :D !

I notice that you are using that new-fangled; "Kilometre" stuff, up in Canada!

Good Queen Victoria would not be amused!.... :twisted: ....!

She, like me and the Yanks, still prefers the old-fashioned Imperial Stuff.....Miles, Feet and Inches, Gallons/Pints, Pounds/Stones (weight), and Fahrenheit, etc...
...not forgetting; Rods, Poles, Perches, and Chains.... :lol: ...!

...love it! ..... ;) ....!

Paul.... :lol: ....!

Meter: Instrument for Measuring stuff.
Metre: The Distance, there and back again!... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:19 am

Hey Fozzer, I don't like the metric system either but have no choice. the change was made about 25 years ago to a great expense on the tax payer and it didn't help anything. I don't like change, never have and never will. I surely don't like changing weather either. I like it warm and sunny during the day with a little rain at night to keep things green and growing. :lol: Overcast 64F and drizzle here today :cry:

Keep smiling
Tug :)
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Anthindelahunt » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:25 pm

I have finally got used to Mickey Mouse
Temperatures but still think in inches,feet etc. :ugeek:

Anthin... :shifty:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:02 am

Anthindelahunt wrote:I have finally got used to Mickey Mouse
Temperatures but still think in inches,feet etc. :ugeek:

Anthin... :shifty:

One thing that I am forever grateful for, is that all of our road signs still carry the distance information in; "MILES"!

...and our vehicle speedometers are calibrated in Miles and Miles per hour!!

I cannot imagine all the wooden, etc, sign posts in all the myriad of country villages and road junctions, etc, being removed and replaced with signs carrying distances in; "Kilometres"...!

Too much work, too much expense and too much wasted time!

What I find disappointing is that all our local British news media information is quoted in Kilometres!.... :naughty: ...!

...and the distance from Earth to our Moon in; "Kilometres"!.... :twisted: ....!

Paul....Measuring the Marigolds in Feet and Inches!.... :lol: ....!

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... eMarigolds
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:51 am

Here we go, Chums.... :D ...!

A nice little ride around the local countryside making the most of a warm spell in the early October weather...>>>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TFEbS999PY

Enjoy the trip...I did!

Paul....Meep-meep.... :D ...!

...and don't forget some more of the latest stuff!...>>>

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp5lKG ... shelf_id=0
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Anthindelahunt » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:31 am

Nice day for a ride.I gave you a
thumbs up.

Regards

Anthin. :mrgreen:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:46 am

Anthindelahunt wrote:Nice day for a ride.I gave you a
thumbs up.

Regards

Anthin. :mrgreen:

Ta, Anthin!... :D ...!

...many thanks!

As you Blokes down there are advancing into nice warm/hot Summer, we Blokes, up here, are going to be buried deep in a dismal cold Winter!

...and nine months of my life will be wasted....again.

....the remaining three months of Summer is generally poo!

As my trusty steed is my only means of transport I have to Motorcycle ride all the year round...come rain or shine!

Paul...I need Warmth all year round!.... ;) ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:16 am

Monday Afternoon, warm October sun, a high of 64F, wearing my checkered cotton shirt, sleeveless Levi jacket, Café Racer neckerchief, fingerless studded gloves, leather boots, goggles, open face helmet and a big grin on my face, for a shopping trip to Sainsbury's for a Beef Black Bean Sauce with egg fried sauce tray and a bottle of Australian Red for my Supper, on my trusty chromium-plated, shiny, Honda Rebel cruiser motorcycle, with a wave to everyone on my journey...and getting a wave back!.... :D ...!

What better excuse to ride a Motorcycle! .... :clap: ....!

Paul....Bike it....You'll like it! .... :dance: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:44 pm

Hey there Paul. Just watched the last 3 video's that you posted which I hadn't seen yet. A thumbs up for all 3 video's. Thank you for taking the time to post and share your rides with us.

Keep smiling
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:47 pm

Tug002 wrote:Hey there Paul. Just watched the last 3 video's that you posted which I hadn't seen yet. A thumbs up for all 3 video's. Thank you for taking the time to post and share your rides with us.

Keep smiling

Many thanks, Tug!

I believe that you have the Harley Fat Bob, Tug, and I note that the latest Harley Street Bob is receiving very good reports!...>>>>

https://motorcycles.harley-davidson.com ... t-bob.html

Looks like a very nice machine with the new Milwaukee 8 engine!

Paul.... :D ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:28 pm

Hey Paul. I have the 2016 Fat Boy S. I don't have the engine guards and mine is flat black.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMAJR6VmBoE.

Just saw the new 2018 Fat Boy Low at the dealer on Friday, what a crazy looking bike. 114 CI engine in it with a crazy wide tire front and rear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m43K0PvgA4

Keep smiling
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:37 am

Tug002 wrote:Hey Paul. I have the 2016 Fat Boy S. I don't have the engine guards and mine is flat black.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMAJR6VmBoE.

Just saw the new 2018 Fat Boy Low at the dealer on Friday, what a crazy looking bike. 114 CI engine in it with a crazy wide tire front and rear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m43K0PvgA4

Keep smiling

Many thanks for the trip on the Fat Boy 114 while I was having my cornflakes for breakfast, Tug!
..courtesy of Blockhead from Florida. He uttered the dreaded word; "Awesome" at least twice, but I resisted the urge to switch him off!.... ;) ...!

I don't think that those fat tyres would work very well on our typical, narrow, twisty country roads. My 3" front and 130mm rear suites quick, precise cornering, a bit like the lovely Harley 72..now out of production!

The new Milwaukee 8, 8-valve, (4 valves per cylinder) seems to be very popular with riders, with its counterbalanced engine (like my other 1994 Honda CB500RR Twin).
4 additional valves = twice the maintenance and service costs!

I'm more used to the simplicity of a 1942 Flathead! .... :lol: ...!

The weather must be getting quite cold, high up in your neck of the woods now, Tug, So rides are going to be really uncomfortable!

...I have to keep going all years round!

I'm still making the most of a few sunny days while they last, before Winter sets in!

Take care Tug, and watch out for wandering Mooses! .... :lol: ...!

Paul.... :D ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:37 am

Glad that you enjoyed the ride on the new Fat Boy Paul. Is 65F here today so not a bad day for a ride. I usually put my bike up in November after the first snowfall. I haven't seen any Moose about but riding on the paved back roads I have to watch for the wild turkeys, deer and the odd wolf. :shock:

Keep smiling
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:50 pm

A Choo-Choo train treat for Tug!.....>>>>

South of Washington State, around the Toledo area, up the I-5 from Vancouver WA!

For all those like Tug, (an engine driver on the Canadian railways in a previous life)....who is fascinated by majestic Trains!

A motorcycle trip along some railroad tracks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhkLmXiO2iE

Courtesy of Kelly and Shawn Smoak on one of their many motorcycles (a BMW 1200 GSA).

At the moment I am still editing my latest ride for last Sunday involving a trip to Monmouth in Wales, and the Royal Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire.

...will be uploaded later on YouTube!

The weather is still manageable, (slightly warm), so there are some more rides yet to come before Winter sets in!

Cheers, all...!

Paul....with twin air horns ..... :lol: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:09 pm

Last Sunday's 100+ mile round trip.

Returning back home after the usual Sunday Biker meet-up at Abergavenny in Wales.

Leaving the Royal Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire for the ride back home to Hereford in Herefordshire.

Making the most of the warm weather before the Winter sets in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ioksh7dIAPw&t=991s

Paul..... :D ....!

...and all the rest!....>>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp5lKG ... d=0&view=0
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Autos