Motorcyclists Corner.....

With a lot of interest in Auto's here, only wingless machines please!

Re: Motorcyclists Corner.....

Postby Tug002 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:28 am

No worries Paul. I live in Ontario just 40 min's west of Ottawa. The airport that I used to fly out of with my father is CYSH. No B.C. for me. My daughter lived there for a while then when her husband was done his tour overseas he was re assigned to Colorado Springs, which is where they now live until he is reassigned somewhere else again. Hopefully somewhere closer to here so I can see my grandchildren more often.

Keep smiling
Tug :)
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:05 pm

Tug002 wrote:No worries Paul. I live in Ontario just 40 min's west of Ottawa. The airport that I used to fly out of with my father is CYSH. No B.C. for me. My daughter lived there for a while then when her husband was done his tour overseas he was re assigned to Colorado Springs, which is where they now live until he is reassigned somewhere else again. Hopefully somewhere closer to here so I can see my grandchildren more often.

Keep smiling

Ontario....not BC!

Opposite side of Canada!

Sorry Tug....I get all "confussed" sometimes!

...I get you confused with our Yan's location...in BC?

...but I bet is still cold and snowy on both sides!

Colorado sounds so much warmer!.... :dance: ....!

One of my many Harley Youtube Chums lives up in the snowy west of Quebec...>>> https://www.youtube.com/user/MrTexscott

He is also suffering from the cold like the rest of us!

Never mind Tug, Spring is on its way, and it will soon be time to kick-start that old; Flathead, Knucklehead, Panhead, Ironhead, Shovelhead again!

Take care Tug...Ride safe, and keep the posts coming...its FUN!!

Paul.... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:28 am

Here we go Chums.... :D ....

Something a bit different!

So many folks have complained that I park up outside the store and then switch off my camera!.... :cry: .....

This time I left it running!.... :dance: ....

A shopping treat after a short ride!

A tour around Mr. Sainsbury's Superstore!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JtkvSBoYMI

Lots of goodies to eat and drink, folks to talk to, and have a laugh and a joke with!!

...makes my day!... :lol: ....!

Paul.... :D ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:32 am

On the subject of "Styles".....

..one of the main reasons I have gone to "Cruiser-type" Motorcycles, after zillions of years riding All-rounders and Sports bikes, is their 26-inch, low seat height!... :D ....!

After a number of occasions when I have fallen over with my bike on top of me when tip-toeing, and stationary, at road junctions, etc!....

At a mere 5-Feet 6-inches long (on a good day), and weighing a mere 150 Lbs (before Dinner), I am not long enough, or powerful enough to prevent the pain and embarrassment of falling off my bikes...especially when Folks are watching!.... :oops: ...!

So..."flat-footing" on a "Cruiser" relieves the stress and worry of my Children, and on-lookers, etc, and leaves me comfortably in complete control of my machine!.... ;) ....!

Some of the Bike manufacturers/designers are going crazy with their daft, high seat-heights!.... :shock: ....!

It hasn't happened to me yet, but it would be nice, to just be able to step off, clear of my bike, if it falls over!

So there you go....

....old age and lack of stamina relegate me to Cruisin' on Cruisers now!

I just need a; "Hells Angels" Leather Jacket now, Leather Chaps....a Stars and Stripes Bandana, and a pair of; "Shades", to complete the picture!...... :lol: ...!

...coming soon, as your next-door neighbour....Be very afraid!.... :whistle: ....!

Paul.....Love it!..... :lol: ..... :lol: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:47 pm

Hey Paul. Thanks for the tour of the store that you shop at. I had always wondered what it looked like inside. Looks like a very busy spot. I liked the choice of the buns that you picked. My favorites :clap:

Keep smiling
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:35 am

Tug002 wrote:Hey Paul. Thanks for the tour of the store that you shop at. I had always wondered what it looked like inside. Looks like a very busy spot. I liked the choice of the buns that you picked. My favorites :clap:

Keep smiling

Ta Tug.... :D...!

Most of my life seems to be spent shopping at Mr. Sainsbury's Superstore, obtaining nice things to eat and drink, then going back home to cook, eat, and enjoy it!!... :lol: ...!

The latest trip, back home, and stopping for petrol on the way.

Daisy, with her, normally aspirated, Constant Velocity Carburettor seems to thrive on best quality petrol, so "Super-Grade" suits her fine... :dance: ...

...and at around 80+ Miles Per Gallon, the extra cost over; "Regular" is negligible!... ;) ...!

The downside....Its still freezing cold in England!... :( ...>>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie1nILUIE7U&t=10s

I desperately need "Summer" to appear in my back garden!... :pray: ...!

Paul.... :D ....!

P.S...Sorry about all the; "sniffles" but it really was COLD!...and my; "normally aspirated nose" suffers as a result!... :o ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Anthindelahunt » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:57 am

Your Supermarket is quite large Fozzer. Bigger than the two
I go to.

When I lived in BC I shopped at the great Canadian superstore.
It was huge.Larger than the entire Mall where I go. :o

The prices I saw on your shopping trip seemed to be cheaper
than here.

Anthin.... :shifty:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:22 am

Anthindelahunt wrote:Your Supermarket is quite large Fozzer. Bigger than the two
I go to.

When I lived in BC I shopped at the great Canadian superstore.
It was huge.Larger than the entire Mall where I go. :o

The prices I saw on your shopping trip seemed to be cheaper
than here.

Anthin.... :shifty:

Hello Anthin... :D ...!

My town of Hereford, although quite small as market towns go, contains a number of very large supermarkets, eg;
Tesco's, Sainsbury's, Asda, Morrison's, Aldi, and Lidl...plus a few smaller versions of the same or similar stores!

Herefordshire Folk love shopping.... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

(It helps to reduce breeding and the population explosion).

I gave up on "Breeding" a long time ago...and now concentrate on..."Shopping"!

I get used to prices as I shop, and I note somethings are going up, and some things are going down! (Going-down is always nice!)... ;) ...!

The cost of living, (shopping, utilities, etc), is going up at the moment, according to my Bank Statements!... :o ....!

Mr. Sainsbury consumes most of my Pension every week!

In between my consumption of his Products, and his consumption on my Pension, he is beating me at the moment.

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:10 am

Thumbs up un that nice sunny ride. Snowing here. I think the lady at the gas station thought you were going to run her over by the way she ran :lol:

Keep smiling
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:26 am

Tug002 wrote:Thumbs up un that nice sunny ride. Snowing here. I think the lady at the gas station thought you were going to run her over by the way she ran :lol:

Keep smiling

Ta tug...!

It was freezing bl**dy cold!

Don't let that Sunshine fool you. Wind chill just above freezing!

Cold in N/W Wind! No snow though...

The Lady...I love having fun with folks, and a laugh! She had a giggle as well!....It always puts me in a good Riding mood!

I always acknowledge other Pedestrians, Drivers, and Riders on my travels. Relieves stress!

Paul....and its still freezing cold!.... :roll: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:17 am

A trip into Town the other day to renew my Old Age Pensioner's Free Bus Pass.

The old one had expired after a few years, (time limit), 'cos they probably didn't expect me to live for so long?

A cold ride in the Wintry Sunshine...>>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnSG6uah6FY

Another snippet of news posted on one of my other Flight Sim Forums....>>> http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-03/v ... =good-news

...Like one of my many British and Japanese motorcycles over the past 68 years, this was my 1948 Series B/C Vincent HRD Rapide...>>>>

Strangely enough, THE the most troublesome of motorcycles I have ever owned! Far too complex and unreliable for its own good!... :o ....!

The nicest of my British Bikes was my 1958, 650cc Twin, BSA Super Rocket, Café Racer! A classic of its time!

Nowadays, "Nostalgia" for old stuff can cost you loadsamoney, and the latest stuff is much better built, and more reliable....(like my trusty Honda Rebel)!... :D ....!

There you go, Chums! It's still bitterly cold here in "Old England", with temps barely making it above freezing! (Its also very cold over in "New England" as well, according to my Biker Friends over there!).

We are waiting for Spring to arrive, and some warmth, to get "out and about" again!

Cheers, all!

Paul..... :D ....!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:23 am

:clap: Very busy spot that you had to go to. I see you found the perfect place to park, got to love bikes for all of convenient parking they give us unlike cars :lol:

Keep smiling
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:58 am

Tug002 wrote::clap: Very busy spot that you had to go to. I see you found the perfect place to park, got to love bikes for all of the convenient parking they give us unlike cars :lol:

Keep smiling

Ta, Tug!

...and in Council, etc, Car Parks, we get free parking everywhere!

....there's no place on a motorcycle to protect and display a (payed-for) Parking Label!...(without it getting stolen).... :D ...!

Many Car Parks reserve special parking places for us...Bless them!.... :clap: ...!

...and now its snowing....again!

...'sno Joke!.... :cry: ....!

Paul..... :mrgreen: ....!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby 511Flyer » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:16 pm

I've shopped in that store many times, and it was always difficult to find a car parking space. Easier over the road at ALDI, but there wasn't as much choice.

Seeing the collecting box for the guide dog reminded me that there was a RNIB college in Hereford. The walkers could often be seen around the town with trainee dogs.

Keep the memories coming Paul.

Den.
511Flyer
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:16 pm

511Flyer wrote:I've shopped in that store many times, and it was always difficult to find a car parking space. Easier over the road at ALDI, but there wasn't as much choice.

Seeing the collecting box for the guide dog reminded me that there was a RNIB college in Hereford. The walkers could often be seen around the town with trainee dogs.

Keep the memories coming, Paul.

Den.

....Sainsbury' store...

What are these things that you call..."Cars", Den!... :think: ....!

I parked mine up in 1990, and it hasn't been out of the Garage since....

....just sulking, and collecting dust and Cobwebs!

Now Mr. Sainsbury reserves my own parking space for my Motorcycle on my daily visits.

(With the amount of my Pension spent there every week, I deserve it!)..... :o ....!

Motorcycles: No problems with traffic and parking!

Cheers, Den!

Paul.... :D ...!

The RNIB College. On the road to Hampton Bishop. (another nice ride).
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Autos