Motorcyclists Corner.....

With a lot of interest in Auto's here, only wingless machines please!

Re: Motorcyclists Corner.....

Postby Fozzer » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:49 am

Popped into Sainsbury's yesterday on my Bike, to do my daily shopping for nice stuff to eat and drink, (as I do), and spotted a Harley parked outside!
Had a long chat to the owner, (as you/we do), and he quenched my curiosity by telling me it was his Harley-Davidson '79 XLS Sportser bobber....>>>>

http://www.sporty-ironheads.com/ironhea ... _Shaun.php

He showed me, on his Mobile Phone, a collection of various Harley's that he owns...
....then he started it up, and all the car alarms in Sainsbury's car park went off.... :D ...!

A wonderful sound as the concrete cracked, and the ground opened up beneath my feet!.... :lol: ...!

There's nothing quite like the explosive sound of 45 degrees of cylinder angles to titivate the Tonsils, and excite the extremities....

...trust me!..... :lol: ...!

Paul.... :D ...!

Today, I encountered a 90 degree vee-twin Ducati parked next to my Bike....And another long chat ensued!...(as usual).... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:51 am

:D :D Yes I totally agree with you Fozzer, there is nothing better than the sound of a Harley running with unrestricted exhaust :clap: :clap:

Keep smiling
Tug :)
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:11 pm

Tug002 wrote::D :D Yes I totally agree with you Fozzer, there is nothing better than the sound of a Harley running with unrestricted exhaust :clap: :clap:

Keep smiling

..that "sound", Tug!.....>>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_X40Czmxso

(Shame about the Helmet Camera angle...I have the same problems!...)... ;) ...!

P.S...Wet leaves on the road!.... :shock: ... :shock: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:08 pm

:D :D That sound brought back memories of my sons Harley before I put on a set of nice full flow turned down exhaust on it for him. Used to piss off the neighbours with it when I let it sit out front of the house to warm up. It would shake the glass in the windows when sitting there warming up. Such a sweet sound. I dropped $2200 dollars into that bike and he sold it three weeks later to someone that liked what I had done to it. :o I was not pleased :twisted: Oh well, it will never happen again :whistle:

<<v Have a great week <<r
Keep smiling
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:47 pm

A second-hand Harley is out of the question here in England, Tug...

Far too expensive! There are lots of them about, I suspect owned by well-heeled Company Owners/Directors!

A newish (2000-2004) fuel injected Yamaha XVS Dragstar 250/650 would be very nice, but rather expensive again.......
...and the only choice I seem to be left with, regarding cost and availability, is an oldish Yamaha Virago, probably the XV 535...(light and easy to manage)...>>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_Virago

Want versus need?.....I already have a Honda and two Yamaha's... :think:.... :D ...!

...but I really do fancy the laid-back comfort of a narrow-angle vee-twin cruiser....

...and THAT SOUND!.... :D ...!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6Yte2XoRPs

Paul.....raiding my Pension pot?..... :think: .... :lol: ....!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:48 am

Its the start of August, and we are having some occasional "nice" weather... :dance: ....

So.... last Friday I wheeled out my trusty baby Yamaha RX-S 100, 2-stroke bundle of joy, attached my SJ Cam video camera to her, and took an hours trip around my local Herefordshire countryside...>>>

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c39xp54xu76ev ... p.mp4?dl=0

Warning: It is an hour long, and you may get flies in your eyes during the journey!

..and always wear a Crash-helmet... ;) ....

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!

More Biking stuff to come... ;) ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:05 pm

Saturday 8th August.
A nice warm, sunny weekend for a change, so I made some tours of the Herefordshire countryside:
Hereford to Ledbury, Ledbury to Much Marcle, Much Marcle to Ross, Ross to Cinderford in the Forest of Dean, Cinderford back to Hereford in time for Tea!
A fantastic ride on my Baby Yamaha 2-Stroke, stopping off in different places!

Sunday 9th August.
Cloudier, but still warm so took a trip From Hereford to Abergavenny in Wales to meet up with fellow Bikers.

Whilst there I took some Photographs of a very rare, and expensive special Motorcycle.
A Nor-Vin!
A 998cc Vee-Twin Vincent Rapide engine she-horned into a Norton Feather-bed frame!
Nostalgia for me as I once owned an original 1949 HRD 998cc Rapide with the same engine in its original frame!

...and here she is!...>>>

A fantastic ride, and arrived back home just in time for my Sunday Dinner...Roast Pork and Apple Sauce.

What could be nicer...a bike ride and a nice dinner!

128 miles over the week-end on my Yamaha 98cc 2-Stroke Motorcycle!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ....!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:06 pm

...the above....

My original 1949 998cc HRD Rapide Motorcycle.

Gave me more mechanical problems than all my other Brit Bikes put together!

You cant beat "Jap" for reliability!

Paul... :D ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Anthindelahunt » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:43 pm

Fozzer.British bikes for looks.That "mongrel" is
one beautiful looking machine.

Great photos btw.I will look at your video this
afternoon.

Anthin. :o
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Jetranger » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:03 am

STUPIDITY & IGNROANCE at its finest - young Dumb & Clueless !!!!

Jackasses out on the hiways young punk kids with NO Respect !!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKMBY98a058[/youtube]
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:34 am

The sort of antics that give us a bad name, Jet.... :evil: ...!

...young hooligans on Japanese Rice-Burner Sports-Bikes!

This is more my cup of tea....

Groups of Japanese "Cruiser" Riders (Vee-twin Dragstars) out for a quiet tour of the countryside, enjoying themselves, in no particular hurry!

Comfy Cruisin' with big smiles!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qop880gKOM0

Most of the Harley-Davidson rider in the 'States do the same... :D ...!

...and the reason why I would like to have a nice Vee-twin Cruiser now, to replace my frantic sports bikes!

Paul....too old for racing about now.... :lol: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Jetranger » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:16 am

I found myself in the middle of 500 of these punk Jackasses Saturday afternoon and the Pathetic Antics seen in this video are nothing compared to what they were doing on the interstate, I counted 20-25 of em ridin wheelies and attempting to show off.

The Majority of em' were wearing Go Pro cameras to record just how dumb & stupid ignorant they were to post on YOU TUBE, so they can show all their little pathetic friends.

I know this, there is a "HUNT" for all those Rocket Bikers by some guys with very Large 4X4 pick ups, hopeing to catch up with them again in their pathetic pacts, and turn as many as they can into "DEER Carcuses" on the hi-way, the guys in trucks travel in pacts as well,,,,, :o

Evidently these Rocket Bike riders don't care about their lives - so Why should anybody else !!!

They also have the Mentality that their "Entitled" to ride this way, just because !

Its like this, its all right for them to do whatever to you out on the hi-ways - just don't you do it to them, or they cry like babies and whine !

I'm lookin for em too,,,, so I can get in front of em' as their ridin and slow down to bout 10mph, watch em' go slidin down the pavement face first, or go flippin' over my truck after hitting it, and I won't be stooping to check on their welfare , I've got better thing to do then tend to Jackasses & Degenerates !!

Leave em' lay like Deer Carcuses on the hiway,,, that's what they want anyway,,,!
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:47 am

My sort of touring...>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Af_mvQctf0

A series of 10 videos showing Harley rides through Zion National Park amongst some breath taking Scenery!

Oregon, Idaho, and Utah!

You Blokes in the Western USA are blessed with some truly magnificent scenery!

Proper Biking with your mates, (all connected via Go Pro Camera intercoms)!

Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hagar » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:33 am

Fozzer wrote:128 miles over the week-end on my Yamaha 98cc 2-Stroke Motorcycle!

Somewhere to go next Sunday for a change --> Popham Airfield Motorcycle Mega Meet & Vintage Aircraft Fly-in

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:55 am

Hagar wrote:
Fozzer wrote:128 miles over the week-end on my Yamaha 98cc 2-Stroke Motorcycle!

Somewhere to go next Sunday for a change --> Popham Airfield Motorcycle Mega Meet & Vintage Aircraft Fly-in

Wowzers!

Ta for the link, Doug!

Bit too far for me, but I'll keep a look-out for it on You Tube!

My little baby Yamaha was made in 1983, so I could have got in for free!

My big Honda CB500RR Twin is parked up for the moment, so a nice comfortable, laid-back, Cruiser motorcycle is on the books, next!

Got to get some more touring in before Summer ends for another year!

Motorbikes and DH Gipsy Moths are very similar...wind in the hair...flies in the teeth!...and a big grin!... :D ...!

Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Autos