Motorcyclists Corner.....

With a lot of interest in Auto's here, only wingless machines please!

Re: Motorcyclists Corner.....

Postby G.K. » Thu May 28, 2015 2:58 am

Fozzer wrote:
Hello GK...
Just done a Broadband Speed test for my post code...>>>

Talk Talk Broadband.
Download speed: 10.88 Mb/s
Upload speed: 1.06 Mb/s.

So what do you reckon, at those sort of speeds, are my chances of being able to upload anything, (Videos), to You-Tube?

Anything taking longer than a few hours to upload is going to be a waste of time trying.

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!

Just completed a new 15 minute, 720 HD video, and can only successfully upload it to "Dropbox"...not You-Tube!

At my sort of speeds, how long would it take to upload it to You-Tube?

It took me 3 to 4 hrs to upload a 1.6 gig video and about 2 hours to upload a .7 gig vid.

I'm pretty sure that in my case the governing factor was the youtube server.......so it's not how fast you send the vid, it's how fast youtube can receive the vid.
G.K.
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Thu May 28, 2015 3:26 am

Blimey G.K... :shock: ...!

I'm a bit too old, and my remaining life is far too short, to wait hours/days to upload my Videos to You-Tube...!

I don't know how other folks manage to upload large Video Files!

Dropbox is working fine, but I'm limited to storing a max of 2GB ready for streaming.

You-Tube looks like a no-no for me, until faster speeds arrive down my copper telephone lines!

Its a big disappointment!

Paul... :( ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Thu May 28, 2015 4:27 am

Just had a peek at the Upload Speed malarkey for ADSL copper land line connection...>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/z4astp3wfz82a ... d.mp4?dl=0

...and it looks as the the very maximum Upload Speed that can be attained is 1 Mb/s, with most speeds being considerably less (like mine)!

So it looks as though its very slow for everyone, until Fibre Optic Broadband is used...and paid extra for... :cry: ...!

Paul.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:04 am

A short motorbike trip around my local countryside on a fine but breezy day!

Bike: Yamaha RXS 100.
SJCAM sj4000 video camera attached to the right-hand direction indicator.

Size: 667 MB.
Duration: 16 Minutes.
Fun: Priceless!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0qixp8brdq7dw ... p.mp4?dl=0

Paul..... :mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:56 am

Thanks for another great video Fozzer, :D I just love the hedges and the brick fences in front of the homes that you passed. :D What a wounderfull place that you have to ride there. :D No wonder that you love to go out every chance that you get. :clap:

Keep smiling
Tug :)
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Jean Loup » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:51 am

Fozzer wrote:A short motorbike trip around my local countryside on a fine but breezy day!
Bike: Yamaha RXS 100.
SJCAM sj4000 video camera attached to the right-hand direction indicator.
Size: 667 MB.
Duration: 16 Minutes.
Fun: Priceless!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0qixp8brdq7dw ... p.mp4?dl=0

You sended me back 50 years.. I have never been in England, just remember a TV serial I liked very very much: the Avengers, 1965–68: With Emma Peel (Diana Rigg), because it showed the british countryside from a Blower Bentley point of view (and a Lotus Elan convertible with leathered driver) while I owned a red 1953 MG-TD, that leaked oil like every classic british automobile should.. :o Only changes being 1.- a lot of germanic automobiles populating roads (more than TopGear cares to admit), and 2.- NO PEOPLE!! only one person is walking his dog: is it insecurity? Has doomsday arrived & machines have taken over? :think: Or, the British weather is adverse to human relationships? :doh:
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:46 pm

Tug002 wrote:Thanks for another great video Fozzer, :D I just love the hedges and the brick fences in front of the homes that you passed. :D What a wounderfull place that you have to ride there. :D No wonder that you love to go out every chance that you get. :clap:

Keep smiling
Tug :)

Ta, Tug... :D ...!

Many thanks for the reply!

Its a lot of fun actually, taking videos of my bike rides!

As a Motorcyclist I obviously have to take great care with my riding and observation to avoid a serious accident, so there's not much opportunity to safely gaze around at the lovely countryside as I progress!
So its always interesting to play back the videos when I get back home, to see what I had been missing on my journey, .....from the comfort of my arm-chair!
...I just miss the "smell" of the countryside, and the wind up my trouser-legs, then!... :lol: ...!

Lots more videos to take, now that Summer is on its way!

I'll tell you what I dearly miss though....the sort of wide, big-sky, open countryside, like the deserts, etc, of the Southern and S.W. USA, with no high "hedges" to impede my view all around!
Motorcycling in England is like travelling down a tunnel of hedges, with danger around every blind bend in the road!

These is the sort of rides that I yearn for, Tug!...>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5riziJ36NlY

I watch a lot of these sort of Harley-Davidson, USA Tours, on You-Tube!....and wish I was there!... :D ...!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Steve M » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:46 pm

Another nice video Paul. I watched the whole thing and made a few observations. The roadsides seem very clean of litter. You know how to navigate a roundabout. (They are recent here and some drivers are scared of them) I saw some overhead power lines at one point, didn't think you all had them there. And finally.. I didn't see any yellow paint lines on the roads to indicate a no passing zone (overtaking), I am puzzled by those jagged white lines (on the road) seeming to appear near intersections.
Just a side note on roadside litter, here a lot of people who have committed small offences can volunteer for community service to get lighter sentences. One program is roadside cleanup in the spring, it's a good thing.. ^-^
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby B0ikat » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:30 pm

This has probably been posted here before, but....

In the category of "What motorcycles sound like...."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO8E3xvdZjY
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:58 am

Steve M wrote:Another nice video Paul. I watched the whole thing and made a few observations. The roadsides seem very clean of litter. You know how to navigate a roundabout. (They are recent here and some drivers are scared of them) I saw some overhead power lines at one point, didn't think you all had them there. And finally.. I didn't see any yellow paint lines on the roads to indicate a no passing zone (overtaking), I am puzzled by those jagged white lines (on the road) seeming to appear near intersections.
Just a side note on roadside litter, here a lot of people who have committed small offences can volunteer for community service to get lighter sentences. One program is roadside cleanup in the spring, it's a good thing.. ^-^

Many thanks for your wonderful observations, Steve!
..just the sort of thing I am looking for!
Litter: Our whole road system and surrounding area is always clear of litter.
(Just have a peek under the elevated Highway 101 in San Francisco City; rubbish, scrap, dead bodies, etc, etc...)!
Roundabouts: A wonderful invention which always keeps the traffic moving, We travel on the left-hand side of the road, so the roundabout rule for us, is to give way to traffic approaching on our right-hand side. It works like a dream!
Overhead Power lines: Wonderfully spotted! They are quite rare, (mostly cables are buried underground), so I mostly don't observe them! Telephone poles and wires are easily spotted.
Yellow lines on the road: Well spotted! In the USA I see mile after mile of continuous double yellow lines indicating NO CROSSING OVER!...(I like them).
Over here we have the equivalent; double white lines; do not cross over. Broken white line; OK to crossover/overtake.
Broken white line AND continuous white line together means overtake if the broken line is on your side..do not cross/overtake if the continuous line is on your side!
Jagged/Zig-Zag lines on the road: Do not stop or park in the area (keep clear). Mostly found near Pedestrian controlled traffic-lights crossing, and approach to Schools, etc....Danger areas; always keep clear of vehicles.

One thing I dearly love on the US roads are STOP SIGNS at road junctions. On poles and on the ground, ensuring that drivers bring the vehicle to a complete standstill, and take time to observe any approaching traffic before proceeding...(a BIG FINE for those breaking the law)!
...over here; its a free-for-all, with traffic dangerously creeping out from junctions and side roads. (I always STOP at a road junction, much to the annoyance of drivers behind me).
...and the other lovely thing I find on USA Roads; the regular orange triangle signs on poles, warning of the route taken by the road immediately ahead...eg: sharp bend, the road doubles back on itself, etc...excellent!

Lots of excellent, sensible, roadway signs on the USA road system, all designed to assist the driver!

Many thanks Chums, for all your comments. Its always interesting to note the scenery, etc, differences in the various countries!

Paul.... :D ...!

British Sign Language!... :D ....>>> http://www.road-signs.uk.com/Road_Signs/
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:20 am

B0ikat wrote:This has probably been posted here before, but....

In the category of "What motorcycles sound like...."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO8E3xvdZjY

.... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

Excellent BOikat!

We just need one now for a 2-Stroke Motorcycle....
eg: .....Yeeeowww....Ring-a-ding-a-ding-a-ding-a-ding...

(2-stroke riders will recognise the sound...trust me!).... ;) ...!

Paul.... :lol: .. :lol: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:57 am

Woke up this morning to a warm, bright sunny day, clear blue sky with just a couple of fluffy clouds, no wind, for the first time since last Summer...12 Months ago!!
Abandoned my heavy, padded, waterproof motorcycle clothing, in favour of my scary; "Ghost Rider" tee-shirt, sleeveless Levi jacket, Levi trousers, studded, fingerless gloves, all American sunshades, trainer shoes, and open-face helmet!

Wheeled my trusty 2-wheeled steed out, and made my way to my local Supermarket to stock up with all sorts of goodies to eat and drink, with a MASSIVE grin on my face.... :D ....
...picked up by everyone I passed, who always smiled, and waved back again!... :dance: ...!

There is nothing in this World quite like an enjoyable ride on a Motorcycle on a fantastic, warm, sunny day....

...it beats sexual intercourse, every time...

...trust me!.... :lol: ...!

More Videos of my countryside travels coming soon... ;) ...!

The weather is so nice today, that I've stocked up with all sorts of "Rabbit Food" "stuff", for a healthy Summer Salad, for a change!

I love it when its warm and "Sunny"!... :D ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:58 am

A new video, replacing the previous one on Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpgz1qib5ufzh ... 1.mp4?dl=0

...another sunny trip around my local countryside, on the 3rd of June, showing the maze of very narrow roads all round the countryside, like a spider's web!
Travelling down them is like travelling down a tunnel of hedges, with some wonderful scenery, up to 20 miles distance, all around, totally obscured by the high hedges!
Meeting another vehicle around a blind corner can be a scary experience, and a number of times I have been forced off the road, into the ditch, by a "speeding" motor car travelling towards me!
These roads are; "single carriageway", with the traffic taking up the full width of the road, so vehicles have to search for a suitable "passing place" to pull in and pass one another....often requiring much "reversing"...
..can result in angry looks, special "signs", and much waving of arms!... :lol: ...!
I just nod my head, and smile...politely... ;) ...!

I try to imagine that I am travelling across the open, hedge-less, big sky, breath-taking, desert scenery, of Nevada, Arizona, and new Mexico....

...but its not the same...because of our; "hedgerows"!... :roll: ...!

Fire up your trusty steed....and join me for a trip!
(Bring some cheese and pickle sandwiches with you).

Paul... :D ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Jean Loup » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:47 am

Were it not for modern automobiles, like a trip to the Past!! Not much space for walking, though :think:
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:22 pm

Jean Loup wrote:Were it not for modern automobiles, like a trip to the Past!! Not much space for walking, though :think:

I fondly remember my past in the late 1940's and 1950's when I could ride my solo and side-car motorcycles all around the County with rarely another motor vehicle in sight!
The only hazard for a motorcyclist at the time was horse-shoe nails, boot studs, roadside gravel, and shiny, "plastic" motorcycle tyres, all guaranteeing either a tyre puncture, or crash, or both!

Vehicles consisted mainly of very slow, Ford, Austin, and Morris motorcars...and Bedford vans, lorries, and passenger buses.
Motorcycles were the Kings of the road when it came to speed!

All the roads were very quiet, in their original layout, which I still remember as I spot their remains either side of me now as I travel them!
...the same goes for the now deserted, abandoned, and overgrown remains of the original Railway systems dotted all around the countryside!

Good, and sad, memories from times long, long ago!

Paul.... :D ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Autos