Motorcyclists Corner.....

With a lot of interest in Auto's here, only wingless machines please!

Re: Motorcyclists Corner.....

Postby Fozzer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:49 pm

Anthindelahunt wrote:Nice ride Fozzer.Gave you another thumbs up. :clap:

What about "numbnuts" in the dark car that cut
back just in front of you and then vanished like
a bat out of hell? :angry-screaming:

Anthin. :hand:

... :lol: ... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

Ta, Anthin!

....a really big, posh car, with much more horsepower under its bonnet (hood) than I've got under my petrol tank, Anthin!.... :o .... :lol: ...!

I spotted him/her in my rear view mirror, just dying to overtake me!

I always let 'em pass if they are in a hurry!

Most other vehicles travel much faster than me, when I am in my usual countryside cruisin' mood... :D ...!

I turn on my "left indicator" (England) and let them pass when its safe!...Courtesy!... ;) ...!

I wish it was just; "only me" on the roads, like it used to be in the 1940's ....(Just the occasional Ford Prefect!)... :dance: ...!

Now its a Rat-Race on narrow British roads!

Weather is still good, so far!

Paul....dreaming of 1940's!.... :think: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:07 am

Another great ride Paul and a thumbs on youtube :clap: I see what Anthin meant about that guy in the black sedan, how rude. If he did that over here he would get his mirror knocked off :evil:

Keep smiling
Tug :)
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:37 am

Tug002 wrote:Another great ride Paul and a thumbs on youtube :clap: I see what Anthin meant about that guy in the black sedan, how rude. If he did that over here he would get his mirror knocked off :evil:

Keep smiling

Ta, Tug.... :D ...!

I notice that some of my favourite American Harley-Davidson biking Chums often get angry and lose patience with other drivers, so I make sure that other's "bad driving" doesn't interfere with my courtesy on the road.

I just ignore it....

...much less stressful!

Anticipate problems and avoid them!

Paul.... :D ..!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:50 pm

Fozzer wrote:
Tug002 wrote:Another great ride Paul and a thumbs on youtube :clap: I see what Anthin meant about that guy in the black sedan, how rude. If he did that over here he would get his mirror knocked off :evil:

Keep smiling

I notice that some of my favourite American Harley-Davidson biking Chums often get angry and lose patience with other drivers, so I make sure that other's "bad driving" doesn't interfere with my courtesy on the road.

I just ignore it....

...much less stressful!

Anticipate problems and avoid them!

Paul.... :D ..!

You do have a good point as I ride to relieve stress not create it :D I do however have my bad days where I feel like chasing down the idiots and telling them what a twit that they were but you usually get the I didn't see you reply :roll: so I don't bother anymore :angelic-cyan: Still enjoy riding my invisible scooter :lol:

Keep smiling
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:44 pm

Here we go Chums!.... :D ....!

Part of an early July long ride around the County, taking advantage of a mid-week sunny day (for a change)...>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTTXGZH7Cw

Very changeable weather lately, so any chance of some warm sunshine is quickly taken advantage of!

I hope you enjoy the trip around some English Countryside!

Paul.... :D ....!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Anthindelahunt » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:48 pm

Way to go my friend.Another enjoyable trip.

Anthin...Envious.. :clap:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Tug002 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:19 am

:D Another great ride through the countryside with you Paul. Thank you :D

Keep smiling
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:42 am

Tug002 wrote::D Another great ride through the countryside with you Paul. Thank you :D

Keep smiling

We are having some awful weather lately, rain, rain, and more rain....

....so that Wednesday the Sun decided to shine on me, and I took advantage of it...

Now the Sun has gone walk-a-bout's again...and my Central-Heating has turned itself on again...

So much for Mid-Summer!!.... :cry: ...!

The weather has gone all to Poo!

Paul....Dodging the showers.... :roll: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:03 am

Hello, Chums....

...my latest escapade involving trying to find a suitable place in my half-helmet for my microphone to exclude the wind noise but still allow me to speak clearly during my travels.

I can't have it both ways...

It's either the sound of my bike's exhaust..or speaking clearly...

...but not both at the same time!.... :( ...!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3icX2raFA7k&t=177s

Getting loads of responses from all the Harley Davidson Biking Lads from the USA...a grand crowd!...(and our Anthin from Australia...Ta Anthin!).... :dance: ...!

Touring the countryside on my Motorcycle is very similar to touring the countryside in my imaginary Cessna 150 Aerobat....

...just a slight difference in Altitude!.... :lol: ...!

Making the most of the inclement, (my new posh word), weather in the west of England, where it always seems to rain in the Summer-time!

Many thanks, Folks, for all your interest!

Paul.... :D ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:24 am

:clap: Another great video Paul, gave you a thumbs up on the Tube :clap: The wind noise makes it feel like I am on the back riding with you :lol: My son left on Monday with my bike for Colorado Springs where my daughter and her husband were just posted. He arrived Wednesday afternoon around 1300 their time. A little better than a 1700 mile trip one way. Oh to be 27 years old again. A trip like that would kill me. :lol:

Keep smiling
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Hagar » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:44 am

Fozzer wrote:Hello, Chums....

...my latest escapade involving trying to find a suitable place in my half-helmet for my microphone to exclude the wind noise but still allow me to speak clearly during my travels.

I can't have it both ways...

It's either the sound of my bike's exhaust..or speaking clearly...

...but not both at the same time!.... :( ...!

Did you try my suggestion of a throat mic?

How about this? https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/helmet-speaker-and-microphone-kit-ds34m

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:40 pm

A grand day out on Sunday!

An 80-miles all-around trip to Abergavenny to meet up with all the Bikers, then down the dual Carriageway to Monmouth, then up through the Royal Forest of Dean to Coleford for a short stop.
Then on to Parkend and video the trip through the Forest to Ruspidge and Cindeford for Time Time with some of the Family!

A very nice ride, but a bit cool in places, when the weather seems to be getting colder, although it's supposed to be Summer Time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSd5dNoeigA&t=11s

Enjoy the trip Folks!

Paul.... :D ...!

P.S.. still "Text Editing" the videos...means I don't have to talk too much on the move! ... :lol: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:39 pm

Hey Paul, just got a chance to watch the above posted video :clap: . Great ride through the country with you :D . I really liked the stone arch overhead bridge that you went under. I also watched the video of you getting rid of the black gold. thumbs up on both. My son got rid of his CBR 1000 RR :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: he replaced it with an older model Yamaha Road star Midnight with a fresh engine rebuild. I had it out last night and I love the half faring and the sound system that it has. Now when he goes out I don't have to worry about him going 300+ KPH :clap:

Keep smiling
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:07 am

Hello, Tug.... :D ....!

Many thanks for watching my trip!....!

The bridge...Blackpool Bridge....>>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/domesday/d ... 000/page/7

Lots of ancient Roman stuff in England!

Paul...a very ancient Briton!.... :lol: ...!

P.S...Yamaha Roadstar Midnight! A fantastic choice! We get them over here now and again (US Imports).
Yamaha's "Star" line of bikes!

I fancied a Yamaha 250cc Dragstar vee-twin a couple of years ago, but ended up with my Honda 250cc Rebel vertical twin instead, which everyone tells me was a far better choice! (You meet the nicest folks on a Honda!).... 8-) ...!
Last edited by Fozzer on Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:09 am

Hello, 2-Wheeled Chums!.... :D ...!

Last Saturday's Trip in the sunshine (rare) from Hereford to the Royal Forest of Dean (Gloucestershire) For one of my lovely Lads to replace my front brake disc and brake pads, and service the brake callipers!

The original 1996 disc was badly worn and warped!

Part of the return journey back home again on my trusty steed (Daisy)...>>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZN2cS12kjI

Paul..... :D ...!

P.S. Don't forget...lots more stuff here!...>>>

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp5lKG ... =dd&view=0
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Autos