Motorcyclists Corner.....

With a lot of interest in Auto's here, only wingless machines please!

Re: Motorcyclists Corner.....

Postby Fozzer » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:05 am

More bad news for Harley Davidson!.

As if the factory close-down in Kansas City, Missouri wasn't bad enough, including a slow down in motorcycle sales....

...... https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/ca ... 078008001/

....now the recall of 250,000 Motorcycles of 30 different models worldwide built between 2008 - 2011...>>>

http://kron4.com/2018/02/08/harley-davi ... -can-fail/

A danger of brake failure.

Paul.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Anthindelahunt » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:24 am

Things are not looking good for Harley.

Sales here in Oz have been falling for
some time.

Anthin.
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:55 am

A war-time nostalgic trip for me on my Motorcycle; Summer 2017.

The village where I was evacuated to at the start of the Blitz of London in 1940.

Little Dewchurch in the County of Herefordshire. England.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi6FRE0vOBw&t=203s

....and the double cottage which we occupied whilst we lived there from 1940 until 1945...>>>

Long reduced to rubble and plowed over years ago!

Photo shows my Dad, my Mother's Mum, and my Mum!

..I was either at school....or climbed to the top of a tree where I could mostly be found!

Paul.... :D ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:01 am

Thumbs up on your latest posted video's Paul. Loved the black and white and the chosen music. Very relaxing. :clap:

Keep smiling
Tug :)
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:48 pm

Monday the 26th of March and the weather is slowly getting warmer (maybe?) so its time for my first ride through the local countryside after a cold snowy Winter!

Left home, took the ride to the local village of Credenhill, started my video there and covered my journey to the next village of Mancel Lacy, had a look around, and returned back to Credenhill again...and then went back home again!

A nice little outing on a reasonably warm day, (I like warm days)...>>>>

https://youtu.be/YKxZyS_WvmE

More stuff to come as Spring approaches!

Paul.... :D ...!

P.S...dont forget the rest of the exciting stuff!....>>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp5lKG ... 9JA/videos
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:25 am

:clap: Great ride Paul. :clap: Getting warmer here. Up to 36F today, shouldn't be long now and I will be out riding again :D My son just bought a new bike and picked it up on Saturday, a Honda 1000 Africa. I don't think I will be able to ride it though as it is a very tall bike.

Keep smiling
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:03 am

Tug002 wrote::clap: Great ride Paul. :clap: Getting warmer here. Up to 36F today, shouldn't be long now and I will be out riding again :D My son just bought a new bike and picked it up on Saturday, a Honda 1000 Africa. I don't think I will be able to ride it though as it is a very tall bike.

Keep smiling

Ta Tug!

I agree!

..after a lifetime of riding bikes from the distant past with their low seat heights, low petrol tanks, regular handlebars, and regular footpegs, it was a wake-up call with the first of my modern Japanese sports bikes, (Honda XBR 500G and Honda CBR 600FM) with their high seats, massive petrol tanks, and clip-on handle-bars and footpegs!
Falling over on my recent Honda CB 500RR (still got it) whilst stationary at a road junction, unable to reach the ground properly with my feet, finally convinced me that all this "tip-toeing stuff" was dangerous, I decided to ride "Cruiser" Motorcycles from now on!...peanut petrol tanks and low seats....and both my feet firmly planted on the ground!...Much more secure!
The Honda Africa Twin (one of my Sons had one a few years ago) is a wonderful long-distance touring bike, like the latest BMW's, but all the tiptoeing and peering over the massive fuel tanks is no longer a joy for me!

26-inch seat height, 2.5-gallon peanut tanks, Confederate bandana and shades, is the way to go for me, at 5 feet 6 inches height and weighing a mere 154 LBS... :lol: ...!

The weather here is cool and very wet at the moment! The garden vegetation loves it, but I'm not too happy about it!.... :think: ....!

More rides coming up!

Paul.....Meep-meep.... :lol: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:46 pm

Wednesday the 4th of April 2018.

Dodging the showers!..... :D .....>>>

https://youtu.be/FvIx6phkOcg

The skies opened up the minute I got back home...just in time!

Paul..... :mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Anthindelahunt » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:26 pm

Gave you a thumbs up Fozzer.
Nice ride.Glad you made it before
the deluge hit you.

Anthin. :shifty:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:00 pm

Anthindelahunt wrote:Gave you a thumbs up Fozzer.
Nice ride.Glad you made it before
the deluge hit you.

Many thanks, Anthin!

Now the weather is slowly getting warmer it's time for longer rides around the countryside from now on!

I'm really looking forward to that.... :dance: ....!

Many thanks again, Anthin!

Paul.....sing;..."Mr Blue Sky...y...y...".... :D ....!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:15 am

Sold one of my four Motorcycles today.
My beautiful 1995 Honda CB500RR Twin....>>>

She toppled over on me 4 years ago whilst stopped at a road junction, and trapped me underneath!
Finally decided she was getting too high (seat) and too heavy for me to manage comfortably, and immediately kept her indoors, unused, in my house for 4 years with her battery constantly on trickle charge. Changed the petrol for new stuff today and she fired up!
The new owner was a happy bunny, and will look after her!
I can only manage "Cruiser-Type Motorcycles" now, with their low-height seats (my present Honda Rebel), and both feet firmly planted on the ground for stability!

I now have a few extra pennies to spend on my 1996 Honda Rebel to make her look even prettier!

The weather is still dull and damp, but gradually getting warmer, 60*F < 70*F soon, for some longer bike rides around the countryside!

Latest stuff in case you missed it...>>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggu8_ZiuWOY

Paul.....Take care on two wheels!... :D ....!

...and all the rest!...>>>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp5lKG ... 9JA/videos
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Anthindelahunt » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:38 pm

Fozzer...I guess it was a little sad letting it go.
At least you can get your trusty Rebel some
nice presents. :mrgreen:

I hope the warm weather comes soon for you.
The weather here is really cooling down.Won't
be long before the frost season starts. :snooty:

Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Tug002 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:12 am

:D Enjoyed you two latest video's Paul, thank you for the link. Still no break in bad weather here, freezing rain here today and more to come tomorrow. :cry:

Keep smiling
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:08 pm

Tug002 wrote::D Enjoyed you two latest video's Paul, thank you for the link. Still no break in bad weather here, freezing rain here today and more to come tomorrow. :cry:

Keep smiling

Ta Tug!

One of the many times over the years, that you wished that someone had invented a 12-volt battery and Starter Motor with a drive mechanism and a handlebar mounted push-button that rendered the soul-destroying; "Kickstart Routine" no longer necessary....>>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWb2t8T7mX4

Been there, done it, many times, over many years, got the sweat-laden Tee Shirts!

...I'll give her 10/10 for perseverance!....Bless her!.... :lol: ... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

Paul.... :D ... :D ...!

Happy day's Tug!...>>> Image >>>> Tug's Dad!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Anthindelahunt » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:42 pm

Great video. She sure kept at it.
I can feel my leg cramping just
watching... :o :clap:

Anthindelahunt
Major
Major