Motorcyclists Corner.....

With a lot of interest in Auto's here, only wingless machines please!

Re: Motorcyclists Corner.....

Postby G.K. » Mon May 11, 2015 3:20 am

I use you tube Fozzer, I've never had a problem with it.

We walked down to the town centre during the "Hastings May Day Bike Run". It was absolutely heaving with motorbikes. 30,000 of them in all shapes and sizes. The noise, smell and atmosphere was fantastic. Thousands of bikers enjoying the day eating fish and chips, whelks and jellied eels. I believe this is the biggest free to attend biking event in the UK. The police keep a very low profile and the bikers are generally well behaved.

This video doesn't really do it justice but it gives a flavour of the event. Turn the sound up a bit to get the noise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKQpDYROi3k
G.K.
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Mon May 11, 2015 4:00 am

Fan-bleedin'-tastic, GK...!

Wonderful stuff!

Saved the video!....(One of yours?).

Perhaps I should give You-Tube a try.

I presume that there are no limits of the size of the uploaded file, of the number of files stored?
...all free uploads?

Dropbox is limited to a total of 2 GB of free, stored video!

Do you recommend "blocking" comments/replies to your videos, etc?

Paul... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby G.K. » Mon May 11, 2015 4:13 am

Yes, I did the video, glad you enjoyed it fozzer :-)

I'm not aware of any limits on the number but I believe there is a limit on length, 10 minutes for an ordinary free account. They do limit the vid quality as well. My vid is as good as it gets for a free account.

I don't block comments but I guess it's a case of personal preference. Using the right tags helps a lot with the view counts.
G.K.
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Mon May 11, 2015 5:16 am

G.K. wrote:Yes, I did the video, glad you enjoyed it fozzer :-)

I'm not aware of any limits on the number but I believe there is a limit on length, 10 minutes for an ordinary free account. They do limit the vid quality as well. My vid is as good as it gets for a free account.

I don't block comments but I guess it's a case of personal preference. Using the right tags helps a lot with the view counts.

Ta for the tips, GK...
Its what I was looking for...couldn't find anything regarding the "uploading rules" on You-Tube.
I guess that as I have "G-Mail" account, (although I don't use it), I suspect the log-in details will be the same on You-Tube...my name does appear on there when I fire up You-Tube!

I will give it a try!

Paul.... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Thu May 14, 2015 5:58 am

It was a lovely, warm(ish), bright sunny day, yesterday, so I clipped my SJCam 4000 video camera onto my handlebar, pressed the record button....

...and off I went for a short trip around the local Hereford countryside...>>>

https://www.dropbox.com/s/joyaeexpbngve ... 1.mp4?dl=0

A nice little trip, and back in time for Tea!.....and Cheese on Toast!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!

P.S. My "Dropbox" storage space, (2GB), is now full, so I might have to use "You-Tube" for my video storage, from now-on.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Tue May 19, 2015 5:26 am

Hello, my Biking Chums!...
If you wondered what it is like exploring the high-ways and bye-ways of rural Gloucestershire Herefordshire, here is my latest trip, last Sunday, from some of my family celebrations in Cinderford in Gloucestershire, back to Hereford in Herefordshire

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z4astp3wfz82a ... d.mp4?dl=0

A fantastic journey, remembering every mile of the trip!

"SJ Cam 4000" attached to my right-hand direction indicator!

Lots of vibration....but that's 2-strokes for you!....(and O.K. if you like experiencing; "vibration"!).... :lol: ...!

If you like the video...save the video...'cos I have to delete my files on Dropbox after a while...files are too large, (2GB max allowed), to store on the Site!

Its loads of fun recording my Biking adventures.

Sit in your favourite comfy chair, open a bottle of the best Beer/Vino/Methylated Spirit, fire up the video, and enjoy, for the next 1/2 hour, or so!

Paul.....Stephen Spielberg is quaking in his shoes!.... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

P.S....no luck with You-Tube..they only allow very small files to be stored!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Tue May 19, 2015 11:39 am

Thanks for sharing the video Paul, it was great. I love the countryside that you drive through :D . Wish that I could join you on a trip through there. Looking forward to seeing more. :clap:

Keep smiling
Tug :)
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Tue May 19, 2015 12:55 pm

Tug002 wrote:Thanks for sharing the video Paul, it was great. I love the countryside that you drive through :D . Wish that I could join you on a trip through there. Looking forward to seeing more. :clap:

Keep smiling

Many thanks, Tug!.... :D ...!

Its a funny old do, but we all seem to prefer other folks scenery to our own!

I've got used to my own scenery, which is why I would love to ride through the breath-taking mountain and desert scenery of places like; California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, and Utah, just for a change!
Completely different from my local scenery!
The only way I can do that is by watching various "You-Tube", Harley Davidson road tours!
Many of the US roadsides don't contain hedgerows like over here, which limit our views of the surrounding countryside.
USA equals big skies, and wide, open spaces!
More Biking videos to take, so I'll post a few on here!

I'm finding that I am restricted in storing my files on You-Tube, due to their size. Only short, 10-minute clips are allowed in a single file....which means only very short journeys!.... :( ...!
At the moment I am storing long files, up to 45 minutes, up to 2 GB max allowed on Dropbox, so I have to delete them shortly after posting them, to make more room for new ones!
I'll give You-Tube a try, maybe, with shorter/smaller files?.... :roll: ...!

It is lots of fun, re-running the trips!

Cheers all... :D ...!

Paul....shiny side up!... :mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Tue May 26, 2015 11:12 am

One of my Grandsons popped in to see me yesterday, to discuss my troublesome problem with uploading video files to You-Tube.

He finally confirmed, after a trial run, that with my typical "Upload" speed of 0.7 Mb/s, there is no way in a million years, that I would ever be able to Upload my video files to You-Tube, before I die.

Download OK @ 10 Mb/s!...Upload @ 0.7 Mb/s a definite No-way, Jose!!... :cry: ...!

The only way it can be done is with a Fibre Optic Broadband supply...if available in the area...with its accompanying high costs!

A trial run indicated that it would take several days to Upload my 1.7 GB, 20 minute, Video file.....
..and shutting down the Upload Browser at any time, would immediately cancel the Upload!

So I'm stuffed, and limited to uploading 5 minute, max, video files, and still suffering VERY slow Upload speeds, for many hours!...

I had no idea just how difficult it is to "Upload" video files to the You-Tube Site, for storage and publishing!... :o ....!

Every time I watch a 20 minute+ Video file now. I now wonder how on earth they managed to Upload it before growing grey hair, and dying of old age before it completed!

Is this a common problem which You-Tuber's suffer when Uploading video files?

Paul...Files limited to "Dropbox" at the moment!.... :think: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Tue May 26, 2015 12:27 pm

I am sorry to hear that Paul :cry: as I really enjoyed the video's that you had posted so far :D Will still be enjoying the ones that you are able to put up though :D :D :D :D

Keep smiling
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Tue May 26, 2015 1:26 pm

Tug002 wrote:I am sorry to hear that Paul :cry: as I really enjoyed the video's that you had posted so far :D Will still be enjoying the ones that you are able to put up though :D :D :D :D

Keep smiling

Ta, Tug!.... ;) ....

It looks as though I'm stuck with doing a 20 second You-Tube video of me kick-starting my Bike into life.....

...and that's yer lot!

Bugger!

Paul.... :doh: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Tue May 26, 2015 4:23 pm

Ta, Tug!.... ;) ....

It looks as though I'm stuck with doing a 20 second You-Tube video of me kick-starting my Bike into life.....

...and that's yer lot!

Bugger!

Paul.... :doh: ...![/quote]

Well at least I did get to see some beautifull countryside with the ones that you had posted earlier :D

Keep smiling
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby G.K. » Wed May 27, 2015 2:59 am

Nice vids fozzer.

Shame about your upload speed, it sounds ridiculously slow. I uploaded a 25 min vid in 3 to 4 hours and I thought that was slow.

You can upload longer videos if you verify your account......but (big but).........you have to give them your mobile phone number. They need to know that you are a human being and not some automated advertising web robot.

Go to "upload".
underneath "select file to upload" there are "Help and Suggestions"
Select "want to increase your limit"
Follow the instructions.

I have done this on a Sailing Club account that I upload to. I have had no issues yet.
G.K.
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Wed May 27, 2015 7:05 am

G.K. wrote:Nice vids fozzer.

Shame about your upload speed, it sounds ridiculously slow. I uploaded a 25 min vid in 3 to 4 hours and I thought that was slow.

You can upload longer videos if you verify your account......but (big but).........you have to give them your mobile phone number. They need to know that you are a human being and not some automated advertising web robot.

Go to "upload".
underneath "select file to upload" there are "Help and Suggestions"
Select "want to increase your limit"
Follow the instructions.

I have done this on a Sailing Club account that I upload to. I have had no issues yet.

Hello GK...
Just done a Broadband Speed test for my post code...>>>

Talk Talk Broadband.
Download speed: 10.88 Mb/s
Upload speed: 1.06 Mb/s.

So what do you reckon, at those sort of speeds, are my chances of being able to upload anything, (Videos), to You-Tube?

Anything taking longer than a few hours to upload is going to be a waste of time trying.

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!

Just completed a new 15 minute, 720 HD video, and can only successfully upload it to "Dropbox"...not You-Tube!

At my sort of speeds, how long would it take to upload it to You-Tube?
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Jean Loup » Wed May 27, 2015 11:02 am

Speaking of Harley's & Cycles: being in favor of open air cockpits & trycicles, I dream with this 3 wheeler (cleaning those spoked wheels after a run in the mud :doh: NOT EASY!!)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dubVT6O9T14[/youtube]

Happiness (at my age: born Jan '43) is good health & regular work using my abilities.. as well as some deaming!! Extra money is allways welcome :whistle: but does not happen THAT often, I must say :violin:
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Autos