Sunday Morning Motorcycle Blast...

With a lot of interest in Auto's here, only wingless machines please!

Sunday Morning Motorcycle Blast...

Postby Fozzer » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:28 am

..just returned from a fantastic Motorcycle trip from Hereford (England) to Abergavenny (Wales) on my Yamaha motorbike (24 miles each way) to meet up with zillions of fellow Motorcyclists in the Bus Station Car Park, for a cup of tea/coffee and a bacon sandwich in the Café!

So much shiny machinery on a beautiful, warm, sunny day!

Motorbikes and motorcyclists, of all shapes and sizes!

..and...as usual... I forgot to take my camera to get some shots!

I prepared my Sunday dinner before I started, so getting back home all that was necessary was to turn my trusty gas cooker on, and Dinner was ready in half and hour!

Paul...there's nothing quite like a quick blast on a Motorbike to excite your internals!.....Trust me!... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Sunday Morning Motorcycle Blast...

Postby expat » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:08 pm

Sounds like a great day Paul. I was stuck in a office all day, death by email watching the heavens empty themselves through my window..... :cry:

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby boromir125 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:41 pm

We're knee deep in snow in this part of the world, so my first ride will be about Memorial day...for a tribute ride to all fallen vets. But your right Paul, a ride does stir the innards. Stay safe.
boromir125
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Zaphod » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:45 pm

Fozz...
You are a legend!

All the best.

Zaph...
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. But why take the risk?
Windows 10
Intel i7 950 3.06Ghz (8mb Cache)
MSI X58 Pro-E MoBo
MSI GeForce GTX 1050ti oc
Corsair MXS
Zaphod
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:35 pm

Many thanks, Chums!

I love my Motorbikes!

I got my first bike at the age of 16 in 1950, a Royal Enfield 350cc Bullet, and having got my bike licence (no problemo in those days!), I've been owning and riding them every day since, both Solo and Side-car, from a little Sun Motorcycle with a 98cc Villiers engine, through my BSA and AJS Café Racers, 1948 Series B/C Vincent HRD Rapide 1000cc twin, various Japanese Honda Supersport bikes, and my classic Yamaha 1983/1993 Yamaha RX-S 100, 98cc 2-stroke, super-speed-machine, which was today's exciting ride!
Loads of bikes, with loads of fun!
I've had a few motor cars in the meantime, including my 1932 Brooklands Riley 9, 1-1/2 seater GP special, but nothing excites my soul more than sitting astride one of my bikes, twisting the throttle, dropping the clutch, and roaring off onto the clear blue yonder, with an enormous grin on my face, stretching from ear to ear!

If you've never tried it... you don't know what you are missing...

...trust me!

Paul....Just watch the end of my exhaust pipe, and weep!... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

.... :lol: ... :lol: ... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Gunslinger619 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:46 pm

I used to have a Yamaha RD400. Two cylinder, two stroke , six speed. I had "freeway" gears in mine. My friend bored his out to a 500cc with "quarter mile" gears. You had to be very careful with the throttle in first gear!!! We were quite the sight tearing up Muholland, Pacific Coast Highway as well as big and little Tujunga canyons I miss riding... :auto-sportbike:
Gunslinger619
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:34 pm

Gunslinger619 wrote:I used to have a Yamaha RD400. Two cylinder, two stroke , six speed. I had "freeway" gears in mine. My friend bored his out to a 500cc with "quarter mile" gears. You had to be very careful with the throttle in first gear!!! We were quite the sight tearing up Muholland, Pacific Coast Highway as well as big and little Tujunga canyons I miss riding... :auto-sportbike:

.... :D ....!

Mulholland Drive (in the Santa Monica Mountains) is famous for its crazy motorcyclists, tearing up and down the highway...

...all desperately trying to kill themselves...and anyone else who stands in the way!...>>>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulholland_Drive

Lots of crazy examples on U-Tube!.... :shock: ....!

Paul....Not my cup of Tea.... ;) ...!

Congrats on the RD 400 twin!... :dance: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Gunslinger619 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:29 pm

Paul,
I lived in Studio City, CA and used to "run the hill" (Mulholland Dr) EVERY weekend since I had my first car (Opel GT)at 15 1/2 years old. I progressed to a 1973 Datsun 240Z. I rebuilt the engine, bored .30 over, racing cam, milled head, lightened flywheel, added tripple 40mm sidedraft Weber carburetors, a tuned header from Japan, Bielstien shocks, larger sway bars, lowering springs, steering kit, added a 5 speed transmission and on and on and on.... Did it all myself except the engine rebuild. I quit when I moved after High School. Having had many hours of seat time on the hill, knowing each and every corner like the back of my hand, after a couple of years I was quite comfortable scarring the S#*! out of my girlfriends. I am in no way justifying my behavior, just saying that with proper equipment and lots of shall we say "learning errors" I was not out to kill ANYBODY.... Cheers Mate!!! :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Gunslinger619
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Autos