Motorcyclists Corner.....

With a lot of interest in Auto's here, only wingless machines please!

Re: Motorcyclists Corner.....

Postby Fozzer » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:02 am

Hello Chums.... :D ....

..a couple more bits and bobs uploaded the past few days...

Need a new rear tyre for the coming Summer trips...>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cczfD5JAAtE&t=58s

...and the usual need just to go for a ride...with the usual bit of shopping at the end!...>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aVZDcijm6c&t=10s

Weather slowly warming up Chums...Time to get the wheels revolving again.... :dance: ...!

Paul.... 8-) ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby logjam » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:14 am

All them traffic lights. Reminds me of the reason I moved here. Good riding Paul.
logjam
Major
Major

Postby Tug002 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:38 am

Two more enjoyable videos Fozzer. Just got home from out west and my son got the bikes out of storage for me while I was out there. If the weather hold up I might get out for a ride on Sunday. Gave you thumbs up on your vids.

Keep smiling
Tug :)
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:32 am

Tug002 wrote:Two more enjoyable videos Fozzer. Just got home from out west and my son got the bikes out of storage for me while I was out there. If the weather hold up I might get out for a ride on Sunday. Gave you thumbs up on your vids.

Keep smiling

Ta, Tug!

Lots of riding and videoing over the week end!

Saturday was quite nice, but the temperature had dropped on Sunday so that ride through Hereford, Monmouthshire, and Gloucestershire was a bit uncomfortable...(for me)...
Uploading the rides to You Tube at the mo' (Takes HOURS and HOURS on my Broadband Internet).... :cry: ....!

Thanks again, Tug....

Many thanks!

Paul..... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:09 am

Hello two-wheeler + three-wheeler Chums....

Last Sundays (23rd April 2017) excursion to Abergavenny to meet up with the Bikers...>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-kakRf90sc&t=199s

It was a long day, and lots of miles altogether, but this is just a short clip leaving the Bus Park, on the way to the Royal Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire....
...and my fascination with the owner of the Harley Davidson "Panhead" bike who was desperately trying to kick-start his bike, as Harley Panhead owners are generally/mostly accustomed to suffer....
...together with Knucklehead, Flathead, and Shovelhead owners.... ;) .... :lol: ....!
A big-old-motor to turn over!

The timeline of these old V-Twin beasts!....>>>>>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harley-Da ... e_timeline

Now, we have the luxury of Electric Start!.... :dance: ....!

It was a nice sunny day, although still rather cool for the time of year!

Daisy, my trusty Honda Rebel cruiser, completed the trip with nary a hiccup!

I hope you enjoy my trip, and the little bit of fun!

Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:11 pm

..still searching for the Holy Grail in filtering out unwanted noise in my video recordings....>>>

Helmet-mounted Camera.

Test: Placement of the Camera remote Microphone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5fT8of09iA&t=16s

It has stopped the wind noise in the microphone, (when its fitted in my open face helmet), but the Primary Transmission Gear whine is still there; the result of high mileage, too many previous owners, and insufficient regular oil changes by them all!.... :twisted: ....!

Maybe I'm expecting my bike to sound; "too clean", like a brand new Harley Davidson Street Glide, instead of a 1996, 30,000+ mile, Honda Rebel Cruiser!.... :roll: ....!

All I really want, is to record the pulse of my exhaust note.... :pray: ...!

Maybe I should forget about recording the ambient sounds, and just add Rock 'n Roll/Heavy Metal music to the videos?.... ;) .... :lol: ...!

...or stick the Mic up one of the exhaust pipes?... :o ...!

Paul...still experimenting.... ;) ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:24 pm

:clap: :clap: Another enjoyable ride with you Paul. :clap: :clap:

Keep smiling
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:29 am

Tug002 wrote::clap: :clap: Another enjoyable ride with you Paul. :clap: :clap:

Keep smiling

Ta,Tug!.... :D ....!

Its always nice to get a response to my travels!... :) ...!

Saturday:
The Weather Forecast for this Bank Holiday Weekend was supposed to be a scorcher.... :o .....

...but the BBC Weather Man is always telling me fibs!... :roll: ...!

I was dying to go out on my Bike, even for a short ride, so even though it was getting a bit late in the day, and the weather was a bit poo, I decided to pop to the local shops on my Trusty Bike.
The trip was so enjoyable that I smiled and waved my hand at everybody, and they all smiled and waved back to me!

Its nice enjoying the trip in a happy mood!

Courtesy on the road is a wonderful thing!

I hope tomorrow, Sunday, will be nicer, for a ride to Abergavenny to meet up with the Bikers!

We will have to see what tomorrow brings...Mr Weather Man!... ;) ....!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:13 am

Got out on my bike for a short 100km (60 mile) blast yesterday, a bit windy but fairly warm :D Raining today so it will be a no go for me. :( Hoping your day turns out well Paul.

Keep smiling
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Wed May 10, 2017 4:17 pm

Sunday the 7th of May 2017.

A leisurely motorcycle ride through the Royal Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire, in glorious sunshine, from the town of Coleford to the town of Cinderford, via the village of Parkend with its Steam Locomotive displays and rides!

Part of a long journey around the Counties of Herefordshire, Monmouthshire, and Gloucestershire, and involving a meet-up with fellow Motorcyclists at Abergavenny in Wales!

A wonderful day's outing in warm May sunshine!

Enjoy the ride with me, through the Bluebell woods!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB8qoxqSyqk&t=306s

Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Anthindelahunt » Wed May 10, 2017 8:14 pm

Hi Fozzer.

I think that was your best video yet.
Those trees with their brand new Spring
leafs look beautiful.better than the dead sticks
that grow where I live."Eucalyptus".

Your bike is sounding a lot better.

Anthin.. :animals-dogrun: :auto-dirtbike:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby logjam » Wed May 10, 2017 11:40 pm

Nice ride Fozz, when are you going to get the speedo fixed? It always seems to read 40mph.
logjam
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Thu May 11, 2017 2:13 am

Ta, Anthin!.... :D ...!

Its always worth my trip to the Royal Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire (where most of my family live) for a trip through the tree lined woods for a change, as opposed to the endless hedge-row lined roads in the rest of the local Counties!
English hedgerows might be good for wild life, but very bad for all-round scenery visibility!

I'm glad you like the sound of the bike, Anthin!
The results of various locations to place my remote Camera Microphone.
Mounted inside my helmet, it produces too much wind noise, transmission noise, and all my coughs, sneezes, and grunts!
In my right trouser pocket, it still picks up too much transmission noise from the clutch drive below my leg....
In the video it is located in my rear trouser pocket away from the clutch, and closer to the rear exhaust pipes to pick up the exhaust sound pulses from my twin-cylinder engine!
...I'm still trying to reproduce that lovely Harley Vee-Twin sound at low revs!...... :pray: ..!
...in my wildest dreams!.... :lol: ...!

The English scenery at this time of the year is very similar to the scenery enjoyed by my Biking Chums in and around USA North Carolina on the East Coast, and Oregon and Washington on the Pacific West Coast...without the bl**dy English Hedge-rows!
The temperatures are also similar!

Everything is bursting into bloom in the Spring!

Thanks again, Anthin!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Thu May 11, 2017 2:39 am

...and Log..... ;) ...!

... :lol: ... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

My early morning laugh of the day!... :dance: ...!

The Honda Speedo.... :o ...!

A strange beast, calibrated in 5 MPH increments!....Main increments = 15, 25, 35, 45, 55, 65 (on a good day!) MPH!

My bike was an Import from the Continent with a "KPH" Speedo (licence destroyer, confusing speeds!), and I was lucky enough to locate a brand new, zero miles, "MPH" Speedo (which accounts for the low mileage reading!) my bike has actually done 30,000+ miles from new...which probably accounts for the annoying main transmission gear noise!

Tip: Rebel Speedo needle reading:
...on the Harleys 12 o'clock = 60 MPH....
..on my Honda Speedo 12 o'clock = 45 MPH....(its most comfortable zone!).... :lol: ...!

The Rebel likes gently cruisin' the wayside!.... ;) ...!

..and the very narrow English country roads are quite dangerous at speed; wild/farmyard animals, birds, farm machinery, traffic, etc

Many thanks again Lads, for all the responses....

..as they say, in; "You-Tube" language...."Much appreciated".... :D ...!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ....!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Thu May 11, 2017 7:29 am

Hey there Paul, what a great ride through the forest. Gave it a thumbs up on utube. I wish I had the coin to fly over there with my bike and have you take me out for an adventure as I sure would enjoy the sights that you are able to see. It has finally warmed up some here and if I can I may get out on my scooter this afternoon.

Keep smiling
Tug :D
Tug002
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Autos