Why does payware hog some much?

General discussion about payware add-ons

Why does payware hog some much?

Postby jrpilot » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:11 pm

When I am flying an aircraft that is freeware...my system flows so smoothly but as soon as I get into a payware..mostly jets...it gets stutery...or evens locks up?...I don't have the best computer...but all of my scenery and such is at the lowest it can go....I have plenty of space...every time I fly I restart the computer to get back all the ram...What is it in payware that causes my coputer to do this?
jrpilot
Major
Major

Re: Why does payware hog some much?

Postby JBaymore » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:27 am

Hi.

Can't speak for all payware but........ my $0.02 worth on the subject......

Most payware planes are PACKED with details and features that make them WORTH the price.  The authors are competing with freeware planes.... and they have to offer stuff that makes them worth paying for.  So the "gut response" to this issue is to offer highly detailed visual models and elaborate flight systems....and sometimes animations and such.

All this "candy" comes at a price......... computer performance hits.  Some payware heavy jets will kill even the highest end machines.

If you have a lower end hardware setup....... look for "framerate freindly" planes.

best,

...................john
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Payware