Does anyone else feel as I do about Lago.

General discussion about payware add-ons

Does anyone else feel as I do about Lago.

Postby MattNW » Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:21 pm

I purchased FSE some time ago with the assumption that it would allow users to create objects and insert them into the program to be used as the FSE objects are used. What I found was that the program didn't have that capability. Lago promised a patch to add this and I waited for 6 months. During that time Lago changed their company structure drastically and release dates kept being put off and put off.

I still didn't count Lago out. I knew them as a good company who produced quality products so I kept buying from Lago. I next purchased Lago's Ultra lights package for FS2004. I found that one airplane wouldn't even start. Nothing I could do would make it run even "Cntrl+E". I posted about this on the Support forum and never received a reply.

Now the way I read it the promised patch that is due to be released "soon" (Lago will not admit to a release date) will not include the promised "Exchange module". That is supposed to be released later. Maybe I read the notice wrong but that's the way it seems to me.

A link to the announcement in question.
http://forum.videogame.it/showthread.ph ... adid=11436

Over the years I've spent a lot of money on Lago products and they have been of the highest quality but recently the quality has seemed to be off somewhat from the usual and customer support has turned into evasive answers and stonewalling.

Has anyone else felt this way about this company? It seems that a good company is going bad and I'm afraid we will all be the less for it. This issue isn't all. Others have voiced similar issues but this is all I can attest to. It seems lately that Lago is making promises they cannot or do not intend to keep.
In Memory of John Consterdine (FS Tipster)1962-2003
MattNW
Major
Major

Re: Does anyone else feel as I do about Lago.

Postby ozzy72 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:04 am

Matt a lot of people went off Lago after the Flight Deck 3 fiasco. People who had brought it for FS2k2 then found out that rather than a patch, they had to buy it all over again for FS9. One guy here (I won't mention who) had to buy it twice in a week!
Lago seem to be having issues with their customer service... just my 2p worth.

Mark
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SaVas » Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:37 am

The Georender sceneries they have are top notch still. The Emma Field is a work of art.

FSE even though not what it was aimed at being, is still a good way of making those air fields with nothing more than a strip, much more appealing. Is FSE perfect? No, but for the price I still find it a worthwhile investment. I do wish it could do more, but I am satisfied with what I can do with it right now.
My life is like the movie Office Space
SaVas
Major
Major

Postby VPA_KTPA » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:18 am

It seems they came out with a way of adding AI traffic to fs2000 i think they had a demo you could down load here at simviation for it.i did buy this and was happy with it for that sim.but thats the last dealings with them i had.but this sounds like the way abacus dose to me.i bought the addon aircraft for fs2002 i think it was called skyranch i think.but the aircraft were buggy they released a patch that didnt fix every thing.and then released it again leaveing the first time buyers high and dry.so i dont deal with them any more.and i allso i had a problem after uninstalling some of there products they still showing up in the add remove programs.so watch out for them aswell.
VPA_KTPA

Return to Payware