Review: Eaglesoft Cessna Citation II

General discussion about payware add-ons

Review: Eaglesoft Cessna Citation II

Postby SaVas » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:55 am

[link=http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/]Eaglesoft[/link], the kings of payware business jets.  I would have to honestly say, thats how I would describe them. From their Beechjet 400A, and Raytheon Premier 1 combo pack, to the amazing Cessna Citation X, this company creates some wonderfully detailed jets to tool around in creating a lap of luxury second to none.

Their latest release is the [link=http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/citationII.htm]Cessna Citation II[/link],  is a beautiful example of their abilities which is more or less made even for those with computers that may not be able to handle the exacting detail and system draining Citation X (in deluxe mode atleast), for a cost of $19.95 USD. Still the detail is worthy of note from the interior, VC, exterior, and nice touches like engine covers, chocks, cones, opening compartments, 3 liveries including an air ambulance, co-pilot voice, etc. The sound package is spot on as well.

Here are a few screenshots of the exterior in one of the private liveries included:

[link=http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=paywareshots;action=display;num=1088735650]Citation II Exterior[/link]

Being this is one of my favorite real life jets to look at sitting still on the tarmac, or in the air, cruising its graceful design through the skies, I knew it was going to be a must have, from the time it was announced.

Regarding the sim, the jet is easy to fly, a breeze to take off, and even easy to land. Eaglesoft always includes good written documentation, and great customer support, as well as a forum to answer any questions you might have. There are a number of freeware repaints available at a couple of sites around the sim world, and Eaglesoft has a repaint kit available at their site, for those of you who like to repaint your own aircraft.

The Citation II is as good as the Beechjet 400A and the Premier 1, but admittedly not as detailed as the Citation X, which is the most intricately detailed plane out there. I will review the latter in the future.

Now to give a grade on a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being avoid at all cost and 10 being a must buy...

I give the Citation II a grade of 8. Its hard not to think about the perfect Citation X when grading an Eaglesoft product. A 10 is very difficult to get, and one must really determine the overall value of what you get. My reason for an 8? Even though highly detailed, I wish Eaglesoft had included a deluxe version of this jet that was on par with the X, but that was not an option. The detail is great on the II, but the X is mind boggling, and I know what Eaglesoft is capable of. Because of that, this plane, deserves a "great buy" rating, but not a "must buy". Its worth the money mind you, though if you are on a limited budget, go with the Citation X instead, just keep in mind, in order to use the deluxe X with all the eye candy, you better have a good system, or your framerates will suffer, and your sim flying experience will shudder like a dog about to get a flea dip.

There is a decent freeware Citation II available on numerous sites, so chances are if you love this jet, I recommend you purchase it. If you just like biz jets, maybe go with the freeware II available (I think at SimV), and save your money for the Citation X (which is amazing.

Let me know if you agree or disagree with my review, and as always, comments good or bad are welcomed. I will post interior and VC shots soon.
My life is like the movie Office Space
SaVas
Major
Major

Re: Review: Eaglesoft Cessna Citation II

Postby pete » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:26 pm

Screenies?

If this continued I'd up this forum to at least middle ..
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Review: Eaglesoft Cessna Citation II

Postby SaVas » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:48 pm

Hiya Pete. I post screens in the Payware screenshots and link them on my reviews. I did not think I could post screens on the Payware forum. I have a good amount of payware so I figure I will do reviews every couple of weeks to keep it interesting

I promise my reviews will be honest and not just stating if something is great or "this sucks"

Its better to describe something tastefully even if it means I did not like it ;)
My life is like the movie Office Space
SaVas
Major
Major

Return to Payware