Aviation sofware at decent prices.

General discussion about payware add-ons

Aviation sofware at decent prices.

Postby MattNW » Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:50 pm

I posted this over at AVSIM but I figured i'd post it here too for the people who don't get over there much.

I picked up a copy of this guy's DSSCalc program some years ago. It was sitting in a display window at a local airport. They only had the one copy left and didn't expect to have any more so I picked it up for flying military flight sims. It worked OK on Windows 95 but when I switched to Windows 98 I couldn't get it to work so I put it up and forgot about it.

Recently I was going through some old stuff and came across it again so I tried it on Windows XP. It works great. I searched the internet and found the guy who wrote the program has some newer versions out (ones that work with Windows 98 ) plus a lot more stuff and the prices haven't changed at all from all those years ago. DSSCalc is still about $10 and it's a great little flight computer program. I notice that he even has a version now for Palm and Pocket PC.

His site is worth a check. It's a handy little program that does all sorts of aviation calculations including Time, Speed, Distance, Fuel, Wind, Altitude, Airspeed, Climb, Descent and metric/US as well as other conversions including Hg/millibars.

http://www.deloach.com/index.html
Last edited by MattNW on Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Memory of John Consterdine (FS Tipster)1962-2003
MattNW
Major
Major

Re: Aviation sofware at decent prices.

Postby flyboy 28 » Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:53 pm

Ya know, I would get that, but I do too much VFR to use it effectively...;)
flyboy 28
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Payware