ARM Computers

General discussion about payware add-ons

ARM Computers

Postby Shadowcaster » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:18 pm

Does anyone have an EMail address for ARM Computers. :pray:

Cheers
Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Re: ARM Computers

Postby napamule » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:48 pm

They are GLOBAL. They have offices in UK, US, China, etc. They are at 'arm.com'. Email is: info-china at arm.com . The San Jose, CA phone number is (408)-576-1500. Google is your friend.
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby pete » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:32 pm

I think he is talking about this
http://www.arm-computers.co.uk/index.html

As I am sure the OP has also seen ... no immediate contact is on the site ... maybe in the downloaded files?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby napamule » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:05 pm

He said '...computers' and not 'scenery' so I thought maybe. ARM Computers I believe is equiptment (hardware) with certain cpu's (processors) that run under Linux. We shall see. But I don't know anything about either the hardware or the scenery so should really 'bow out'. Happy New Year.
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Shadowcaster » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:03 am

Sorry about the confusion I forgot to put the website address on my original post. :oops: :oops: It is indeed http://www.arm-computers.co.uk/index.html . I'm having some problems with Horizon Scenery and I'm hoping they may be able to help.

Cheers
Rich

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby pete » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:25 am

Looks like a payware product that's gone out of business.
If they were good guys they'd release the scenery for free like other good people do when they move on
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby 511Flyer » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:30 am

Horizon Scenery photo scenery for the UK is absolutely fantastic, and I don't say that lightly. ARM is Tony Meredith, who alone tried to help users of the scenery after they closed the shop. He also worked with Earth Sims, and finished some products that were WIP when they also were forced to closed. The reason they closed down was because they were strangled by EU bureaucracy on the VAT issue. Being a small husband and wife outfit working from home, they couldn't absorb the extra cost. They were good guys, but why should they give their work away? What would all those people who paid good money for it have to say about that?

I was one of those that were fortunate in purchasing all GenX and ES scenery before that sad day. I also have some of Tony's own airfields, which he gives freely. I also find him to be very helpful.

Den.
511Flyer
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Shadowcaster » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:01 am

511Flyer wrote:Horizon Scenery photo scenery for the UK is absolutely fantastic, and I don't say that lightly. ARM is Tony Meredith, who alone tried to help users of the scenery after they closed the shop. He also worked with Earth Sims, and finished some products that were WIP when they also were forced to closed. The reason they closed down was because they were strangled by EU bureaucracy on the VAT issue. Being a small husband and wife outfit working from home, they couldn't absorb the extra cost. They were good guys, but why should they give their work away? What would all those people who paid good money for it have to say about that?

I was one of those that were fortunate in purchasing all GenX and ES scenery before that sad day. I also have some of Tony's own airfields, which he gives freely. I also find him to be very helpful.

Den.

I also have most of the scenery and totally agree it's great scenery. My problem is that although I purchased all the Earth Sims except Isle of Man and made all the ESI files as instructed I still can't install said scenery. I thought that the serial were supposed to be in the ESI packs but mine arn't I'm left with a load of scenery I can't use. So I was hoping that ARM could help, hence the need for a way of contacting him, I'm sure others are in the must be in the same situation.

Cheers
Rich

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby 511Flyer » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:15 am

Hi Rich. If you go to www.arm-computers.co.uk at the bottom of the Home page you will find a section called EarthSims help. Lots of information there.

Den.
511Flyer
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Shadowcaster » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:27 am

Thanks Den, I've been through all the things at the bottom of the page but none seem to be about the problem I have. I posted a while back about the the problem https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... n#p1300017 as you can see it's a weird one. I tried all the patches on the ARM site with no success, I have the version 3 update disk so they should have been included with that. I even went as far as getting a new boxed set of the area affected and still have the problem I know its not a huge area but it's still annoying.

If anyone has any more ideas feel free to post them.

Cheers
Rich

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby 511Flyer » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:27 am

Do you have the Earth Sims installer Rich?

Den.
511Flyer
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Shadowcaster » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:43 pm

511Flyer wrote:Do you have the Earth Sims installer Rich?

Den.

I have indeed it was needed to install treescapes Tony has PM'ed me so hopefully he may be able to get to the bottom of it.

Cheers

Rich

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby 511Flyer » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:27 pm

I'm glad that you managed to contact Tony. Hopefully he can sort it out for you. He did a very good Jersey, I think it was actually the one that Darren started. Free from Tony's site.

Den.
511Flyer
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Payware