Horizon Gen X Assistance

General discussion about payware add-ons

Horizon Gen X Assistance

Postby Shadowcaster » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:37 am

Need help again please, I recently reinstalled my England/Wales Gen X scenery to make a change from ORBX West Coast America. I thought I'd have a look at the Lake District and came across what you see in the pictures.

The "Island" in picture 2 seems to move in that square as I fly along. I've tried different terrain mesh setting and deleting it and installing again. I also tried the modified terrain cfg from ARM website all to know avail. Any more ideas to try :pray:

Cheers
Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Re: Horizon Gen X Assistance

Postby garymbuska » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:09 am

While I am no expert I think that mesh can be a tricky thing. The problem is you have to define the area that the mesh will go in get it wrong and you can get the effects that you see here. I would suspect that it is not placed correctly within the original scenery and the problem is not something that can be fixed without editing the mesh itself. Now mind you I have nothing against good mesh it can make a difference but as the name applies it is supposed to mesh or blend in with the existing scenery and all it takes is to get one thing wrong and it can appear to float or even drift. So the problem more than likely has nothing to do with how you install it but it is with the mesh file itself and how it is described. Sometimes you will see what is called an exclude file as part of the mesh which removes a described area to allow the mesh to fit into it. But this is not always needed.
my advice is to find a different mesh as trying to correct this can be a hair pulling incident. Myself I do not use a lot of mesh just for that reason. Mesh is a tricky subject and has to be defined just right or problems will occur.
Sometimes the order that you display the scenery can cause the same effect so you might want to put the mesh file below the original scenery and not the other way around.
I am sure you have noticed that FSX has a scenery cfg file which describes the order that the scenery is displayed and has a priority. One of the nasty thing that FSX does is any new scenery is always put at the top of the list with a priority of 1. Usually this does not make a difference but in some cases in can so try putting the mesh at the very bottom of the list and see what happens. Granted it might not do anything but it is worth a shot.
8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Re: Horizon Gen X Assistance

Postby Shadowcaster » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:29 am

Thanks for replying, I also thought it was mesh related but now I'm not so sure. the I've attached three new pictures, the scenery redraws it's self as I fly along so the scenery is there but does not display until you fly over it.

Tis a very weird problem indeed which only seems to happen it that area.

Cheers
Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Return to Payware