Help in Configuring the MCDS

General discussion about payware add-ons

Help in Configuring the MCDS

Postby dreamer_toons » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:35 pm

I purchased the steam version of the Aerosoft A320 yesterday and it is my first attempt to do a full start up with MCDS.

Previously, I used the free planes add on and the FSX flight plans are input into the FMC automatically.

At this stage, I'm learning to configure the MCDS from VTSP to WSSS with the FSX flight planner but those routes are not updated into the MCDS.

I went through some YouTube tutorials on configuring the A320 MCDS with the aid of some other online flight planners. These planners gives a SID and when I checked these online flight planners, they have errors or busy servers. FSX planner doesn't have this SID, or am I missing something? I only see the waypoints.

And currently, my A320 is 'grounded' due to this lack of information. :cry:

Is there any alternate online flight planners to provide the SID? Or any advice to go about this?
dreamer_toons
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Help in Configuring the MCDS

Postby D28-HB » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:45 am

This is a little involved but not complicated. Build a flight plan from Online Flight Planner using airbus form. Download it and then place it in your aerosoft folder found in your document lib. You will find flt plans and fuel management here also. Stars and sids are already included in the a320/321 MCDS and can be upgraded is in config file hope this helps. You will have many choses to sid or star according to your chosen depart runway.
D28-HB
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby D28-HB » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:22 pm

disappointing to respond to a request only to see no response from original submission. These forums, I thought are to improve understanding and share information. Confirmation of your suggestion at least lets you known your on the same page.
D28-HB
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Canuck1955 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:43 am

Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby dreamer_toons » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:21 am

Thanks for the responses.

I'm looking at the same YouTube and the online flight planner looks fine now and I could generate flight plans with the SID. :clap:
dreamer_toons
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Payware