FSX Glowingheat SR-71 Missing Nose Vapor Effects

General discussion about payware add-ons

FSX Glowingheat SR-71 Missing Nose Vapor Effects

Postby lmeirose » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:41 pm

Hello All,

I just had a quick question for all of you. I recently purchased, downloaded and installed the Glowingheat SR-71 V2.4 for FSX (I'm running it on a Windows 10 operating system) and I've really been enjoying flying it. I've noticed, however, that when I perform steep climbs or turns with the aircraft, the vapor effects on the nose appear to be displaying black squares (implying they might be corrupted or missing):

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the product several times, but I haven't had any luck. I also addressed the issue on GlowingHeat's support forum, but have not heard anything back yet. Have any of you run into this issue? Is there a fix for this? Is there anything I can do on my end to resolve the problem (perhaps in the .cfg file)?

Thanks very much for all of your help!!
lmeirose
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: FSX Glowingheat SR-71 Missing Nose Vapor Effects

Postby lmeirose » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:41 am

Hello Everyone!

Just a quick update. I opened and viewed the SR-71's effects (.fx) files via Notepad. As it turns out, the problem was that the effect "fx_Glowingheat_SR71_vapor3.fx" effect that controls the nose vapor was attributed to the effects texture "fx_Aa-Con.bmp", which doesn't exist in the FSX "Effects" "texture" folder. The other two vapor effects are attributed to the "fx_1.bmp" (which is one of FSX's default effects textures for smoke/vapor trails, right?), and they appear to work fine; so here's what I did to fix the problem:

- I copied the "fx_1.bmp" effects texture to create a second copy of it

- Next, I renamed the "fx_1.bmp - Copy" effects texture as "fx_Aa_Con.bmp"

Problem solved!!
lmeirose
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: FSX Glowingheat SR-71 Missing Nose Vapor Effects

Postby lmeirose » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:18 pm

oops...I meant rename the effect texture as "fx_Aa-Con.bmp".

Sorry about that.
lmeirose
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Payware