VIRUS PROBLEM QUESTION ???

General discussion about payware add-ons

Re: VIRUS PROBLEM QUESTION ???

Postby Jetranger » Mon May 01, 2017 3:44 pm

Here NAPMULE,,, Ya might want to read this, this is what I was saying in the earlier above post !

Read this :

The Malwarebytes research team has determined that "Reimage Repair" is a "system optimizer".

These so-called "system optimizers" sometimes ""use intentional false positives"" to "convince users" that their systems "have problems".

Then they try to ""sell you their software"", claiming it will remove these problems !!!!! ( anotherwards its a SCAM to get your MONEY) !!!

More information can be found on our Malwarebytes Labs blog.

ARTICLE LINK : https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/194200-removal-instructions-for-reimage-repair/
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Jetranger » Mon May 01, 2017 3:56 pm

So far it turned up 13 PUPS , heres a List of what MALWARE BYTES found during the 1st Scan

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (PRO) 1.75.0.1300
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2017.05.01.04

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS (Safe Mode)
Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.17501

Protection: Disabled

5/1/2017 1:42:15 PM
mbam-log-2017-05-01 (13-42-15).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|)
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 620811
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 11 minute(s), 51 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 9

HKCR\AppID\{28FF42B8-A0DA-4BE5-9B81-E26DD59B350A} (PUP.Optional.Reimage) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{10ECCE17-29B5-4880-A8F5-EAD298611484}
(PUP.Optional.Reimage) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKCR\REI_AxControl.ReiEngine (PUP.Optional.Reimage) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKCR\REI_AxControl.ReiEngine.1 (PUP.Optional.Reimage) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKCR\AppID\REI_AxControl.DLL (PUP.Optional.Reimage) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Reimage (PUP.Optional.Reimage) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKCU\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\Reimage - Windows Problem Relief. (PUP.Optional.Reimage) ->

Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKCU\SOFTWARE\REIMAGE\PC REPAIR (PUP.Optional.Reimage) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\InstallCore (PUP.Optional.InstallCore) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Detected: 1
HKCU\Software\Reimage\PC Repair|QuitMessage (PUP.Optional.Reimage) -> Data: -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 3
C:\XXX\XXXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\ReimagePackage.exe (PUP.Optional.Reimage) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\XOXOXO\XOXOXOXO\AppData\Local\Temp\Reimage.log (PUP.Optional.Reimage) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Windows\Temp\reimage.log (PUP.Optional.Reimage) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

(end)
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Mon May 01, 2017 5:47 pm

First, I downloaded and flew the Catcher on the day that you posted about it, Apr 25. No problems to date and plenty of auto-virus scans.

I use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and I'm sure that you know what a "PUP is. For others, a PUP is a Potentially Unwanted Program.

Not really a virus, but not something that you'd want on your computer. And, yes, they can slow down your computer a bit.

The fact that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware ran without shutting down makes my first thoughts less likely - Over heating. Over heating what" CPU, GPU, memory, motherboard, etc.

Then too, the fact that it didn't crash in "Safe Mode" points the finger elsewhere.

That leaves me with two suggestions

1) Start in Safe Mode, WITH NETWORKING. Go online to several of the major anti-virus makers and run their ON-LINE virus checkers CONCURRENTLY.

My crackpot theory (which has worked in the past) is that some viruses will try to hide when they "see" a virus checker starting up, which they can't stop.

Running three on-line virus checkers at the same time will take a lot of time. And one, or more, may find false positives.

To date, this method has proven the most successful on hard to find/hard to remove viruses.

Needless to say, when you reach this point you (rightly) no longer trust YOUR anti-virus program, or it's data.

2) Kill it before it starts up. 15 Free Bootable Antivirus Tools

And just like running several AV programs at the same time, I'd suggest booting up with at least two or three bootable AV disks. After all, not all AV programs will catch everything that's out there.

A less likely problem could be found in your RAM. I've only known one person, years ago, who's computer would crash at random times because of a bad memory module.

I don't recall what program he used to test his memory, but you could try this one - MemTest86.

Also, some motherboards can run a memory check too.

That's the best that I have, other than removing your hard drive to test on a computer that you KNOW has the latest up to date antivirus programs running. I've done it, and even if the hard drive has a virus on it, my antivirus programs have stopped them from opening/running.
Last edited by OldAirmail on Mon May 01, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Jetranger » Mon May 01, 2017 5:53 pm

I'll look into that AIRMAIL,,

as of this very moment I'm in SAFE MODE running Microsoft security essentials FULL SCAN on all files and drives.

its slower and very through,,,, already did 2 MALWARE BYTES Scans as well, the 1st one seen above ,,,,,

Thanks for the input, will keep ya posted !!!

Should I call Animal Control,,, on those,,,, "PUPS" :shock: :doh: :drool: :P
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Jetranger » Mon May 01, 2017 10:19 pm

Well its still 5/1/2017 only now its 9:42pm,,,,, and tho I managed to supposedly hopefully rid the Flight Sim puter of the infections,,,,,,,

Theres still a few issues that I can't seem to resolve no matter what, have no idea what those infections caused in the long run, but I going to try to Wipe my Hard Drive clean and just start over back to Factory condition and start fresh again .

If that doesn't work and it still acts like a FUNKY MONKEY in some ways, then I'll be thru with flight simming and keep the computer and take out the Hard Drive currently in it and chop it up into little incy bincy wincy pieces , I've done it before on my other computer,,,,

I'll keep the flight sim computer since I've got 16 gb of RAM installed and a really good 2GB Video Graphics card installed and a QUAD CORE processor and all kinds of FANS

But i'll be using it strictly to edit Video's and nothing else.

Tho I do have backed up on an External Hard Drive 95% of all my Add On Aircraft - freeware and payware and payware Scenery and other related sim files, I won't be putting forth the Time, Effort, Energy and Frustration of messing with it all again !

I've already been that route back in earlier days of flight simming as much as 3 to 4 times starting over, and its not worth the effort time really.

Thru out the summer tho I'll be releasing some of my Interior Repaints for freeware and payware Aircraft that I was wanting to upload to simviation, that way the rest of you can enjoy them. as I get around to it and find time.

We'll see what happens , but if I have to yank the hard drive and get a new one, its no great loss really, Flight Simming has become way more involved technically than what I ever thought it would be and very very time consuming and frustrating as well.

Glad I'm NOT a newbie trying to get into this and trying to figure out how everything works with all this Flight Simming, all the little tricks, Tip's and custom tweaks we older seasoned flight simmers learned thru-out the years,, the younger ones who are Quick to judge & Assume and guess are pulling their hair out and moving on to other venues that are more rewarding and less frustrating and time consuming !

Not to mention really Expensive now days too, with all the Aircraft Add On's and Scenery Add On's , and all the Orbx & FTX Add Ons , throw in all the external Flight Sim Hardware Add Ons, even throw in a REAL Virtual Aircraft Cockpit , even more Super Expensive into the thousands of thousands of dollars of equipment .

Its been said before in posts, that FLIGHT SIMMING is actually worse and harder than flying a Real Airplane, because you have to take care and manage everything all by yourself, all the downloading, injecting, copying files, checking, backing up files, injecting new aviation hardware for your cockpit and all the computer maintenance and updates, making sure this file goes here in the proper place for your whatever to work properly in your cockpit.

Backing up all those files on an external hard drive and hope that years later , you'll remember where that External Drive or Discs are that YOU made several years ago as your memory fades and you get older and older ,,,, :shock: :shock:

I'll be getting into more actual VIDEO and be buying me a good DRONE to cruise around places legally of course and shoot video for my YOU TUBE channel, that would be more beneficial to me than all this Flight Simming frustration what it has become and turned into thru the years, really.

You know I kinda almost miss those days of 2002 thru 2007 when Flight Simming was still kinda in its beginning stages with better graphics and better aircraft and scenery for what it was back then, and WE thought it was cool and great and still exciting and back then still fairly inexpensive and cheap for what it was back then and we were for the most part Happy still !!!

But over the years thru the years as ya' collect all this flight sim Gizmo's & Gadgets it gets expensive and frustrating trying to keep up and maintain it all to keep it working like its supposed to and lord forbid should something go Bezerk and Haywire, you could be out hundreds or even Thousands of Dollars ( as in my case) when all goes Haywire for whatever reason, without warning !!!!

Personally, I think its time to take a stand back and ask yourself if its really worth it ???????

when theres so many other Enjoyable Venues out there that are way less time consuming, and frustrating, really.

OK, Thanks for all the HELP, Advice and Techno Jargon stuff,,, we'll see what happens, but I have my Doubts !

De' Jetranger , over and out - 10-4 Roger - Roger - Dodger Roger,,,,,,,,
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Jetranger » Mon May 01, 2017 10:34 pm

Prime EXAMPLE RIGHT HERE Read the Comments below the Article :

Kinda what I was saying right here,,,,,,

Comment from Air Daily X reader : Great! Gonna go broke again!! I just got caught up after the Christmas/New Year's rush.
Plus, I need to save some money so I can buy D'Andre some drinks at FlightSimCon. (I wonder what secrets a few drinks might help reveal?)

AirDaily X Article : http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreaker/2017/5/1/orbx-is-having-a-sale-so-handle-your-business
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby slimcooper2002 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:23 am

My game is 70 GB and only one payware plane. Theres so much freeware out there you dont need to fork out much money. I use an old Logitech Extreem 3D Pro stick and I got stuff I dont even remember I have in the game, lol
slimcooper2002
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Tonydb » Tue May 02, 2017 9:14 pm

Hi

the best answer I found to a problem like this was to download the Emsisoft emergency malware kit - it is free and one of the best products on the market. Download it on your other computer and transfer it to a memory stick or cd and then use it to clean your fsx computer. I had a similar problem to yours a year ago and this product sorted it out.

WWW.emsisoft.com

Good luck
AMD FSX 8 Series 4.65 KHz, 16GB Memory, ASUS MB, 2 X 2TB hard drives, 1 X 1TB SSD, Orico 4TB external backup drive, AMD 9000 series Graphics Card, 3 X AOC 25" Monitors Saitek AV8R, Saitek throttle block, custom cooling
Tonydb
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jetranger » Wed May 03, 2017 2:47 am

UPDATE :

Actually after many hours of fiddling & tinkering with the Flight Sim Computer I finally got it up & running again and working properly,,

tho, I decided to get rid of all the Flight Sim stuff on the computer , everything, Aircraft, Scenery and all the other files as well.

Kinda decided I'm tired of messing with all the issues and UPDATES, and Tweaks for this, Tweaks for that followed up by more updates & upgrades not only to keep the flight sim computer running smoothly, but all those aircraft and scenery too,,,,

seems like anymore theres an update for this Aircraft V.3 or scenery V.4 followed eventually by more Microsoft updates service upgrades,,,,,

spend bout' as much time uploading upgrades for whatever and other stuff as flying,,,,

Ibeen simming since 2002 really kinda tired of it time to move on to other venues and actually get up and move around physically !!

I'll be around once in a while, but not like I used to,,,

Catch ya'll on the Fly,,,,,

Jetranger !
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Jetranger » Wed May 03, 2017 2:47 am

UPDATE :

Actually after many hours of fiddling & tinkering with the Flight Sim Computer I finally got it up & running again and working properly,,

tho, I decided to get rid of all the Flight Sim stuff on the computer , everything, Aircraft, Scenery and all the other files as well.

Kinda decided I'm tired of messing with all the issues and UPDATES, and Tweaks for this, Tweaks for that followed up by more updates & upgrades not only to keep the flight sim computer running smoothly, but all those aircraft and scenery too,,,,

seems like anymore theres an update for this Aircraft V.3 or scenery V.4 followed eventually by more Microsoft updates service upgrades,,,,,

spend bout' as much time uploading upgrades for whatever and other stuff as flying,,,,

Ibeen simming since 2002 really kinda tired of it time to move on to other venues and actually get up and move around physically !!

I'll be around once in a while, but not like I used to,,,

Catch ya'll on the Fly,,,,,

Jetranger !
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Wed May 03, 2017 6:18 pm

Well....

You do have a lot of talent that could probably be used elsewhere.

You might try another sim, other than flight sims.

There's all of the train and truck sims, of course. Boats & ships too.

If you're interested in Virtual Reality there's a new sight that might be interesting - Bad Girls Gone REAL Bad.

I haven't tried it out, but it may be interesting.
.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Jetranger » Thu May 04, 2017 1:18 am

Yes,, my Brand New Sim I'll be enjoying is called,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

OUTIDE Physical SIMMING where a user actually goes "OUTSIDE" and actually "smells" the real Air, and Trees and grass and flowers

and get this as an added feature the Sim actually features Real life insects, like wasps, bees, lady bugs, mosquito's and nats !!!

and you can actually feel real life wind in your hair & face with real life RAIN & Snow effects and an occasional Hail storm too !!

and get this, theres actually DIRT & MUD you can track in your your Real life looking Carpet and floors and you can even get out a real life looking Vacuum cleaner and Sim around the house doing Touch & Goes with the wonderful modeled HOOVER Vacuum cleaner , Even has Retractable Landing Gear and Realistic Jet Sounds !!!! :dance:

Yes I'll be experiencing Simming on a more Realistic Level that many of you only dream of ???????????

and you can even BAR B Q Sim on a realistic Grill outside with realistic Prime Rib Steaks and T-Bones and Shrimp and Salmon and, get this ,,,,,,,, BEER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhh yes,,, Simming at its finest ,,, the Realistic Graphics are just incredible too !!!!

Yup', Bar B Q Simming what i'll be doing for a while on nice evenings !

that and taking time out to smell the Dandelions and smoke rising from the cookin !!!

I believe its called SIM LIFE !!!

OK ~ Time to go eat ,,,,,, :dance: :D
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Thu May 04, 2017 6:40 am

You make it too complicated.

When I want to simulate the outside world, I just turn the fan on. :lol:

And don't forget the REAL benefit of simulation - No bill collectors!

When's the last time that you couldn't afford to refuel you Dreamliner?

And has the FAA ever gotten after you for flying it under the Golden Gate Bridge? Nope.

The so-called "Real World" is full of problems, and overrated. :whistle:
.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby pilotwin7 » Thu May 04, 2017 11:18 am

Jetranger wrote:Yes,, my Brand New Sim I'll be enjoying is called,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

OUTIDE Physical SIMMING where a user actually goes "OUTSIDE" and actually "smells" the real Air, and Trees and grass and flowers

and get this as an added feature the Sim actually features Real life insects, like wasps, bees, lady bugs, mosquito's and nats !!!

and you can actually feel real life wind in your hair & face with real life RAIN & Snow effects and an occasional Hail storm too !!

I believe its called SIM LIFE !!!

OK ~ Time to go eat ,,,,,, :dance: :D

pilotwin7
Major
Major

Postby Jetranger » Thu May 04, 2017 3:16 pm

Naw more like this

Jetranger
Major
Major

PreviousNext