Best A320 family?

General discussion about payware add-ons

Best A320 family?

Postby Eagle355 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:52 pm

Hi,
I am looking to buy a Payware addon for the A320. I have looked at the Aerosoft bundle and also the Wilco evolution, but is there another company that anyone could recommend?
I am using FSX Steam Edition.

Thanks!
FSX Steam Edition (Acceleration)
Eagle355
Eagle355
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Best A320 family?

Postby Daube » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:10 pm

Wilco, forget about it, just like 90% of the Airbus packages out there which have very bad quality and extremely low realism level.

For Airbus aircrafts in FSX or P3D, there are only two "serious" offers:
- The Aerosoft packages (one for A320/321 and one for A318/319)
- The FlightSimLabs package (only A320)
Any other offering from any other maker would just be a complete waste of money.

Now, just to clear any doubts from the beginning: the FlightSimLabs is the one and only Airbus in the entire FS world that is actually realistic, has full Airbus instrumentation and real Airbus behavior. If you have the money and a powerful computer, and you really want a realistic Airbus, then the FlightSimLabs is the package you want, without any discussions. The level of realism here is actually higher than the PMDG aircrafts, if that tells you anything.

The Aerosoft package is much less realistic than this. Its instrumentation is incomplete, its behavior is incomplete (for the logic of the instuments and the fly-by-wire system, for example), it lacks a lot of important stuff. HOWEVER it was the best Airbus available until the FSL Airbus appeared on the market (one or two months ago...) and I still consider it as a valid choice for the "less serious" simmers. The Aerosoft package has, in fact, quite a lot of good points, and here is a list:
1- It is much cheaper than the FlightSimLabs (FSL). The FSL Airbus costs 140 Euros for P3D (99 Euros for FSX I think) without tax. On the other side, I could buy the Aerosoft mega package (containing all 4 models, from A318 to A321) for 35 euros during some sales. And even out of the sales periods, the prices are still around 50 euros I think...
2- On the graphical side, I believe the Aerosoft Airbus looks a bit better than the FSL one. The textures are more photorealistic, somehow.
3- It has some nice things to improve the immersion. For example, there is, if I'm not mistaken, some speaking co-pilot which assists you in following the checklists (announces and confirms all the steps once you performed them, it's quite cool)
4- Although it's incomplete, the MCDU (equivalent to FMS) of the Aerosoft Airbus will still allow you to setup your flightplan in quite a realistic way. I mean, some pages or modes are missing, but still, that thing is very, very detailled and enjoyable already.
5- It seems the Aerosoft Airbus is less heavy on the FPS and uses a bit less memory (VAS) than the FSL Airbus. (but the FSL Airbus received many patches to improve the memory usage, so I could be wrong on that one).

Bottom line (TL;DR ;) ) is:
- The only realistic Airbus is the FlightSimLabs.
- The Aerosoft is "waaay above average", very enjoyable already and cheaper.
- Anything else: FORGET about it.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Best A320 family?

Postby Eagle355 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:12 pm

Thanks so much!
FSX Steam Edition (Acceleration)
Eagle355
Eagle355
Ground hog
Ground hog