NEW ORBX Water Aerodrome (free addon to Orbx PNW)

General discussion about payware add-ons

NEW ORBX Water Aerodrome (free addon to Orbx PNW)

Postby Jetranger » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:02 am

NEW (free addon) ORBX Scenery !!! (but you need to own the payware base package)

Water Aerodrome released in Nanimo BC

PILOTS - "CLICK" on the "Source" button link below the article right below the Picture !!!

For more details see this : http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreaker/2016/7/3/orbx-nanaimo-water-aerodrome-released

UPDATE NOTICE :

I just went to install this and - wouldn't you know it, it requires that you already have ORBX PNW ( Pacific Northwest) installed ,, or this Free download will "NOT" work properly !!!

If you choose to do it anyway, it claims in the installer - that your Aerodrome will be surrounded by Land and NOT water !!!

SEE Screen Shot of installer with advisory !

Really glad to know that before I downloaded it :oops: :evil: :roll: :twisted: :shifty:

would of been nice if that was mentioned "Before" - WE - get to the installer and took the time to download it,,,,,,,,,,,

Jetranger
Major
Major

Re: NEW ORBX Water Aerodrome (free addon to Orbx PNW)

Postby Fozzer » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:54 am

Always read the small print at the bottom on the bean tin... ;) ...!

Paul... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Anthindelahunt » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:18 am

Fozzer is right.It is there in the beans.
I always check carefully before downloading.

Anthin. :doh:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Flacke » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:26 am

Thanks for the tip.

My ORBX Pacific Northwest is alive and well so I have just downloaded Nanaimo and look forward to getting it installed and running.
I used to travel there on business and I look forward to using the WaterDrome as my starting point for some touring in that stunningly beautiful area.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Flacke » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:02 am

Well, I couldn't wait. Its one A.M. here but I just flew my first flight in the Grumman Amphib. out of the Nanaimo B.C. WaterDrome.
Its very well done and its a well detailed and realistic copy of the whole area. I highly recommend it to anyone who has ORBX PNW Blue installed.
Tomorrow I will fly the coast and try to find the Nanaimo Ferry Docks . Then I will keep going and sightseeing along the way.

With ORBX Global Base, Vector, PNW Blue, and now Nanaimo WaterDrome installed I can do some really beautiful low-level touring around the entire Vancouver Island area.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Anthindelahunt » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:19 am

You are completely correct Flacke.I have been to that area many times
and then down to Victoria.Orbx did a great job here.
Great trip in the mornings,from the mainland,with the early morning mists.
I miss BC and Washington.Hope to see it again next year.

Anthin. :pray: :mrgreen:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:39 am

Its a funny old do...

But I always think that the Pacific North West, Washington State, (Seattle, etc), and northern Oregon, can be a cold and damp/wet place...

...but surprisingly enough, the Motorcycle Video-Blogs of some of my Motorcycle Chums who live there, state that the temperatures can be extremely high, 90+*F, at certain times of the year!

http://www.youtube.com/user/fzrsmkr/videos

(North of Portland. Long View/Castle Rock)).

I love watching these videos of places where other folks live!

To me, any place bordering Canada must automatically be very cold... :roll: .... :lol: ....!

Paul....somewhere in Sunny Southern California.... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Payware