Dovetail Games Flight School -Prepurchase available

General discussion about payware add-ons

Re: Dovetail Games Flight School -Prepurchase available

Postby OldAirmail » Fri May 27, 2016 4:11 pm

What "Flight School" can do is to give us a clue as to what the full flight simulator will be like.

If you're curious buy it for that purpose only.

Unfortunately, what I've read by people who have it right now, is that there are a lot of problems for some people.

Specifically for those with AMD video cards. That may have more to do by the recent release of the latest AMD drivers. They've introduced strange artifacts in some games without any noticeable speed increase.

There have been enough people reporting severe problems that I'm not interested anymore. NOT AT ALL.

In regards to Prepar3d V3, I've seen no change, though.

At any rate, I'm sure that everyone's heard the old saying "never buy the 01 version".
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby papituwall » Fri May 27, 2016 5:09 pm

Can you be more specific about the problems?. Write that people have "problems" is not useful information
I have installed the FSc, added the program to the FSX Nvidia inspector settings and no problem. Plug and play.
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby Tonydb » Fri May 27, 2016 10:22 pm

For what it is worth I dont believe that just turning the old FSX engine into 64 bit is really the answer to the future of flight simming. I am putting my money on the entirely new engine design by folk like NGIS
AMD FSX 8 Series 4.65 KHz, 16GB Memory, ASUS MB, 2 X 2TB hard drives, 1 X 1TB SSD, Orico 4TB external backup drive, AMD 9000 series Graphics Card, 3 X AOC 25" Monitors Saitek AV8R, Saitek throttle block, custom cooling
Tonydb
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Bigdog2999 » Sat May 28, 2016 5:15 am

So we have had P3d get the ball rolling .. with a banner "not for entertainment purpose" ... Is a great step into Flight sim for the flight sim guy's.
If I didn't love flight sim, i would not be here.
I have got fs 2004, FSX , Xplane10, P3D, and the short lived Micro$oft flight, and now the mini game "flight School".
Can anyone say that .. IF someone wanted to make a new/ better, vesion of any of them, you would NOT support them because the older sims are better than something never seen?
Will ALL Mini tests be subject to the masses downgrading all new sims to the point that Millions of $$ will not be spent on making a "better " sim/Game?
or can we support ANYone.. trying to build a new flight sim for us ALL to use?
Yes Flight school is for beginners, but if you don't spend a pissy lil $15 . or even support the flolks trying to bring your $4000 PC's into the next gen.... how are we going to get a Better flight sim for "fun" without paing thousands of extra $$ for payware addons?..... OH.. The coin just dropped.. Everyone has to buy the last release from years ago so others can make $$ for there "upgrades".
Bigdog2999
Ground hog
Ground hog

Previous

Return to Payware