TacPack for P3D v3.2 is available

General discussion about payware add-ons

TacPack for P3D v3.2 is available

Postby Daube » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:51 am

Hi all,

Just to notify you that VRS has updated both TacPack and their Super Hornet to finally make them compatible with P3D v3.2 :)
Download for existing customers is done from the support forums as usual.
It's really good to see the SuperBug back in the sim, and to be able to use the systems of my various military planes again.

For information, you should ensure your option "MipMap VC Panels" is enabled in the simulation settings, else you would get a crash to desktop when trying to enable the FLIR display in the MFD.
This morning I just had enough time for a Cold&Dark startup. The plane is still as beautiful as ever (or perhaps even more ?), and there was no (or very small) FPS impact with TacPack Manager and Aircraft Manager both set to defaults. This is quite impressive, given the complexity of this aircraft which I consider like the PMDG or the military planes. Granted, the rear view mirrors were not active (I don't remember if they can be activated, but that option is quite FPS-heavy, so I probably won't activate it anyways).

I hope I can find some time to fly it tonight. I should also test the IRIS Warthog, which is TacPack enabled. With a bit of luck, some nice screenshots should be incoming soon 8-)
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: TacPack for P3D v3.2 is available

Postby Daube » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:14 pm

I confirm my crash to desktop problem was solved by enabling the "MipMap VC Panels" option in the simulator settings :)
The FLIR screen now works correctly :clap:

Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Daube » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:16 pm

And just to reming what an excellent model it is:

Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Daube » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:37 pm

While TacPack is a payware product (thus moving this topic to the payware section), it is considered by a part of the community as a part of the simulator itself, because it brings in a lot of new features for all compatible planes, exactly like FSX-Acceleration did at the time. This is why I posted this in the normal P3D section originally...
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Payware