RAZBAM Simulations take a year off statement

General discussion about payware add-ons

RAZBAM Simulations take a year off statement

Postby Jetranger » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:14 am

RAZBAM Simulations to take a year off / their Statement :

LINK : http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreaker/2016/2/18/statement-from-razbam

FSX/P3D. Brace yourselves. This may not be the best of news for those waiting on that long awaited Brasilia. Razbam announces hiatus on FSX and Prepar3D developments. Here is what the development team had to say:

"Dear followers we are going for a 1 year FSX/P3D Hiatus in order to develop new technologies, mainly directed to flight model implementation and some more.Also, there is a very slim chance we´ll go back to FSX but keep with current times and concentrate in P3D, which allows us a more ample room to play with. Also, all our military aircraft developments will be focused on DCS, while for P3D (and or FSX) will be mainly turbo prop liners or small regional liners.

As for the EMB-120, most work on it is fairly done, but it lacks a reliable flight model, in fact all our new technologies efforts are around this bird and it´s flight model, i couldn´t risk to release a beta with a poor flight model, so news about this bird will be known when we have something solid. This also includes the ATR, and E jets. All our products will go into a very interesting discount price in all known distributors as in our own online store for the duration. Thanks for your support, to the FSX/P3D community, we´ll see you again in 1 year or hopefully before! Best regards"
-Ron Zambrano RAZBAM
Jetranger
Major
Major

Re: RAZBAM Simulations take a year off statement

Postby Shadowcaster » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:43 am

Interesting post, I wonder if they know something about FSX that we don't.

Cheers
Rich

All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby ftldave » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:25 am

What are they thinking at RAZBAM? P3D is never, ever going to have numbers like FSX or FSX:SE.

"P3D... a simulation platform developed by Lockheed Martin. Offered for professional or academic purposes."

Others vendors, I guess those that actually want to make money, shifted to include FSX Steam Edition-ready add-ons in their product lines.

I guess the key words there are "slim chance". Too bad. I enjoy flying their military jets on FSX.
ftldave
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby striker » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:36 pm

Doesn't mean much. Just a guy who creates payware models taking a year out or retiring from the hobby. So what.
striker
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby rooitou » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:08 am

Just leaves a nice gap for other developers to take. I'm sure FSX will go same route as FS9, where most users continued to use it long after FSX was released.

I believe even today FS9 still has a faithfull following and that it actually has a larger market share than XPlane 10!

What worries me more is Dovetail's plans of releasing two more flight sims, instead of just improving FSX Steam. If the market gets too fragmented it may reach a point where developers can't support all the products and only focus on one or two. And that in turn will lead to consumers losing interest. Best to have only 2-3 strong products in my opinion.
rooitou
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Daube » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:53 am

If Dovetail manages to create a good flight sim, then the market might just migrate to it, instead of splitting.
Of course, there would be a split anyways. Some people will not want, or will not be able (finance to upgrade) to the new sim anyways. Same happened when FSX reached the market.
I curious to see what DTG will be able to produce.

Concerning the RAZBAM, they probably needed to switch to another sim in order to get some more reliable financial status. The FS market is not bad but I can understand how frustrating it can be for a military modeller to create a good-enough plane despite the limitations of the sim. If this year-off allows them to grow or to get into a more comfortable position, then it's fine, as long as they don't leave the FS market forever...
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby pete » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:10 pm

rooitou wrote:Just leaves a nice gap for other developers to take. I'm sure FSX will go same route as FS9, where most users continued to use it long after FSX was released.

I believe even today FS9 still has a faithfull following and that it actually has a larger market share than XPlane 10!

What worries me more is Dovetail's plans of releasing two more flight sims, instead of just improving FSX Steam. If the market gets too fragmented it may reach a point where developers can't support all the products and only focus on one or two. And that in turn will lead to consumers losing interest. Best to have only 2-3 strong products in my opinion.

I completely agree about that - better to concentrate.
Also been proven that sims where the only addons are payware are not successful. The free addonability to the MSFS series is purely why it became so successful.

Don't forget P3D --- It is the MSFS series that is still being developed and you can still add freeware - and with Google Earth being developed all the time, the future is incredible for that - with GEVew etc - flying over a real world which will be compatible with VR headsets soon -- at no cost except the VR headset.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Payware