A few openLC Canada shots

General discussion about payware add-ons

A few openLC Canada shots

Postby OldAirmail » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:28 pm

I've posted these elsewhere, but I thought more people might be interested.

Here's a few shots from the Eye of Quebec, René-Levasseur Island.

If this doesn't make you want to fly, then you're sound asleep.

Remember, this is not one of their "fat" areas where they cram a lot of custom detail into the package.

This is Global Base, Vector, and openLC. That's it! Nothing fancy.

Here's a picture in a more traditional size. I've done more than a bit of camping in the mountains and I've seen this kind of a rock pond before. It usually dries up and you're left with nothing but dry rock.

It's simply a shallow where water collects. This one looks to have a spring or seasonal stream feeding it.

What makes it special is that this IS NOT a custom area. This is simply openLC.

Is it there in real life? Probably not. But it is very believable.

.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Re: A few openLC Canada shots

Postby BigTruck » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:12 pm

Thanks for sharing, I moght look into this
BigTruck
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Flacke » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:23 pm

Very nice, as usual from you. Your glassy blue water looks terrific too.
So far on my new 'puter I have ORBX Global Base, and ORBX Northern Rockies, and a few other ORBX products. Next is ORBX Pacific Northwest. I am totally thrilled with my ORBX scenery and it TRANSFORMS my FSX experiences. I love every flight now and I do a lot of touring all over the world . Its just wonderful. Long cross-country flights in my new Carenado A36 Bonanza are really enjoyable, especially now that I have practiced coupling my GPS track to my AutoPilot. I love my Carenado airplanes.
Question for you, I was thinking about just skipping ORBX "Vector". I was afraid that it may cause some conflicts with Global Base and screw up some things. Any comments or suggestions? your thoughts appreciated.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby OldAirmail » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:17 pm

Reality is only available from within the cockpit of an actual aircraft.

Close to real, is the best that some scenery producers can give us. For me, that's high quality airports/towns. Real buildings, lakes, and landmarks are built into the scenery.

Concrete, Washington has everything, for me, that's needed to make it feel real. I rarely download even free scenery, no matter how realistic it is, if I won't be flying in and out of it frequently. Devils Tower is an example - it's free, it's VERY good, but I almost never fly around it after the first few days.

Plausibility is the next step. If I don't know the area, then plausibility is all that I need.

So, outside of a very few areas, it's "Plausibility" that is of the most importance to me.

Number ONE - Orbx global. It's essentially a better "basic" ground cover.

Next comes Vector. It really makes the shoreline, rivers, and roads look better. MUCH better in the case of rivers & shorelines.

After that is openLC anything. The openLC Canada in the pictures above shows that clearly, I think. And it's also the same with openLC Europe. OpenLC just makes a lot of improvements to certain areas. It really makes those areas believable to me.

Just those three areas make an enormous difference.

The regional "fat" areas such as England, Pacific North West, Northern California, etc. are just sprinkles on top of an exceptionally well made cake. Nice to have, but not as absolutely essential as the first three.

So whatever you do, don't skip "Vector". BTW - For what it's worth, I didn't notice any slowdown with openLC or Vector.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Flacke » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:56 am

Hello OAM, thanks for the excellent comments. I feel more confident now about Vector as you didn't have any problems with it. That will be next and then I will move on from there as they put the various ORBX products on sale again.
I agree, the best scenery is seen from an airplanes cockpit. I have seen cockpit views from grass height to Flight Level 450 for the last 51 years. Many of the things that I have seen while airborne will never be seen by anyone who has not spent time enroute in various types of weather and lighting. I have some beautiful memories. But, I don't get to fly as often as I need to and want to so I find that flying my FSX , Warbirds, etc. helps to ease my urge to fly something every day. Thanks again for your input, enjoy your Concrete Washington flights. I have flown in and around there many times in various aircraft including Turbine and Piston Helos and the Turbo-Beaver etc. and I just love that whole area. We have toured the area by automobile and its gorgeous in there, as you know. I also fly there regularly in FSX to see how similar it is to the real thing.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to Payware