Flying the GPS.

General discussion about payware add-ons

Flying the GPS.

Postby TheNoobestNoob » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:22 am

Im planning on getting the Aerosoft A319/A320 package. But i would like to clarify some doubts. How do you exactly fly the gps? And is there a GPS(Garmin 500) included?
Is there like a NAV/GPS button lying in the cockpit like the default a321 or do something else? Please do help :D
TheNoobestNoob
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Flying the GPS.

Postby garymbuska » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:58 am

TheNoobestNoob wrote:Im planning on getting the Aerosoft A319/A320 package. But i would like to clarify some doubts. How do you exactly fly the gps? And is there a GPS(Garmin 500) included?
Is there like a NAV/GPS button lying in the cockpit like the default a321 or do something else? Please do help :D

I just looked at the Aerosoft site and it looks like the package is in pre-order only at this time. But I am almost certain it will have a GPS in it now which one who knows. But there are not that many differences between any of these units granted some are better than others. As for a GPS/NAV switch you really do not have to have one as you can assign a key stroke that will shift between the two modes. I use Shift+N as some of my aircraft do not have this switch. Of course I could put one in if I wanted to but why bother. If you google flying GPS approaches you will find all kinds of links on the subject. https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/he ... FSheet.pdf
this is just one link. Mind you this is from a real world aviation site
As for myself I seldom use GPS approaches and prefer a ILS approach but there only some minor differences that have to do with waypoints and altitude and speed
<<u
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Payware