Alabeo ground steering on Saratoga

General discussion about payware add-ons

Alabeo ground steering on Saratoga

Postby Merlin0859 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:03 pm

I just bought the Saratoga by Alabeo. Love the airplane but I'm having an issue. I can steer all round the airport just fine. Then I take off and fly, again all is well. It flies great by the way. Then when I try to land I have little to no ground steering. I've tried it at several airports so that's not the issue. I use a CH Eclipse flight yoke but it's working with all my other airplanes as well. Including several new ones bought at the same time as the Saratoga. It's just this airplane and it's very frustrating because I like it very much. Can anybody give me a clue as to what could be going on here? I've tried almost every other combo I can think of and it's just the Saratoga after I land not before. Thanks a bundle for any suggestions. :-)
Merlin0859
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Alabeo ground steering on Saratoga

Postby Azframer » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:33 pm

I found this just now:
http://www.avsim.com/topic/461523-gear- ... lly-fixed/
a few posts down:
kramerdc9

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:54 AM
Hey guys, it's been a while since I last posted on this but I did find a fix for this since Alebeo doesn't have one. When you load up the aircraft, immediately press shift 5 and the select cold and dark. After that, all you have to do is start the aircraft and you shouldn't have the problem anymore. At least this is working for me. Hope this helps.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Azframer » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:40 pm

This guy is having same issue as you.
http://www.avsim.com/topic/457118-alabe ... r-landing/
I don't have the plane, but I have a couple that sure are PITA on taxi after landing. Hope you get it solved.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Merlin0859 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:34 pm

Actually I saw those posts myself after my post here. At least it's comforting to know it's an overall problem with the airplane. I appreciate your response to my post though. I also saw that for some reason turning off crash detection works as well. Not perfect but doable at least. Dang shame Alabeo can't just fix it though. Oh well can't have everything. Great airplane otherwise. Thanks again! Merry Christmas and happy flying!:)
Merlin0859
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Merlin0859 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:42 am

I can say for a surety that turning off crash detection fixes the issue. I don't like having to do that with something Alabeo could have simply fixed. However since their a wee smite lazy it'll work for now. Great airplane, it's a shame it's marred by this! <<q
Merlin0859
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Payware