US sectionals/VFR nav tutorial now available in the Simviation library!

Released in 1997, FS98 was heralded at the time as a great new Flight Simulator.

US sectionals/VFR nav tutorial now available in the Simviation library!

Postby beaky » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:22 pm

I've been brewing this stuff up for some time, and finally uploaded it here. All 50 states and parts of Canada and Mexico, reduced 50% from the NOAA raster scans and put into individual pdf files.

There's also a multi-part VFR navigation tutorial, for those interested in using the charts properly...  ;)

They can be used with any version of MSFS, but you will find them in the FSX Utilities section.
beaky
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: US sectionals/VFR nav tutorial now available in the Simviation library!

Postby H » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:44 am

\They can be used with any version of MSFS, but you will find them in the FSX Utilities section.
Thanks for the post. That is nice to know -- we'd never think of looking for them there... :P ;)

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: US sectionals/VFR nav tutorial now available in the Simviation library!

Postby beaky » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:10 pm

\They can be used with any version of MSFS, but you will find them in the FSX Utilities section.
Thanks for the post. That is nice to know -- we'd never think of looking for them there... :P ;)

8-)

Yeah, I figured... I'm an FS9 user still myself, so I understand.  ;)
But there's talk about  creating a whole stand- alone section for this package... even then, the entire list of sectionals won't be available at first, but they've all been uploaded, so they will all be available soon enough.
beaky
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Flight Simulator 98