Anyone Else Notice?

Released in 1997, FS98 was heralded at the time as a great new Flight Simulator.

Anyone Else Notice?

Postby Hai Perso Coyone? » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:51 pm

Is it just me or is the FSX Board here the most controversial...People are getting themselves banned, acting angry, and getting worked up about a friggin game...I don't get it...It's just a game, you folks are taking things to the extreme...It's because of these flame wars that I have stopped going to that board...At least the FS9 board is better and more calm...I know this post will cause a bit of controversy in itself...I am going to wait till someone comes along and says something even more retarded...Geez...Give me a break....  >:(

A very disgruntled,
Ashar
Hai Perso Coyone?
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Anyone Else Notice?

Postby Mobius » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:17 pm

I agree with you, there seemed to be certain people who couldn't seem to contribute to a discussion effectively, and unfortunately, it drove Nick N, and few other members away.  Seems this place is going down the tubes, and some people are enjoying the ride... :(
Mobius
Major
Major

Postby cspyro21 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:33 pm

The FSX forum is rather hostile, I must say, and up until now people could keep their opinons to themselves. It's a shame, but i'm sure we can work around the problems it's created. :)
cspyro21
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:55 pm

Never mind Chaps, There's always the cosy old FS9 Forum...
...where everything is sweetness and light... :-*...!

The FSX Forum is like stepping into Hell....whilst suffering from inflamed Piles.... :o...!

LOL... ;D...!

Paul...FS 2004.... 8-)...an' lovin' it.... ;)...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby flyboy 28 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:13 pm

Lazerbeak's sig proves to be effective. :)

"The FSX forum makes kittens cry"
flyboy 28
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ozzy72 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:13 pm

is like stepping into Hell....whilst suffering from inflamed Piles

I didn't realise you'd been to a Bradford curry house Paul ;D
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mobius » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:56 pm

Lazerbeak's sig proves to be effective. :)

"The FSX forum makes kittens cry"

That should be what it says under the title instead of "FSX: The latest in the 'Flight Simulator' series", that would make my day. ;D
Mobius
Major
Major

Postby alrot » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:21 pm

I promise myself not to post futher more post in that area ,due what you just said Ashar ,you so right I been call troll a liar and still ,the best thing that FSX brough to us its the Flight Dinamics ,But I have pist up for this new FSX ,I hate it sometimes and I love it ,I hate it because I can't do futher planes ,because if I continue what I was making , soon they be garbage ,I hate it because its a very Heavy to all the system (pc) ,I wish MS would only released a big pach with the same planes with same Dynamics to FS9 and never release this FSX ,Ok Its the greatest thing in Graphic, BUT WHAT INTERESTED ME ITS JUST TO FLY AS MUCH REALISTIC POSIBLE ANY PLANE(DYNAMICS),FS9 Had a life for one or two more year at least, and they release this version too early,
Last edited by alrot on Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hagar » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:26 pm

Ashar you totaly right , I'm agree, when FS9 was release none of this happend..

I'm not so certain of that Alex although FS9 was nowhere near such a big step forward as FSX.

Nothing stopping you from creating aircraft for FS9 for now. You can always update them for FSX at a later date.

PS. What's this doing in the Cafe anyway? ::) :P
Last edited by Hagar on Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tweek » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:47 pm

Instead of blaming FSX and the FSX section, try blaming those who blow the discussions up to unnecessary proportions, enough to even make people leave the forums all together. A lot of the initial arguements were caused by people flaming others for having a differing opinion about the game, which of course, led to a lot of people being annoyed at others.

It's not helped by all these 'where is?' threads, either.
Last edited by Tweek on Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tweek

Postby ozzy72 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:39 pm

No flightsim talk in the Cafe chaps! Time for the mods to play "Move That Thread" ;D
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby F3Hadlow » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:42 pm

It's just a forum guys, get over it! ::)
F3Hadlow

Postby Mobius » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:31 pm

Apparently someone wants the FS98 board to get a little more controversial as well.... ;D
Mobius
Major
Major

Postby FridayChild » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:43 am

The whole thing is looking strangely surreal to me... I didn't even notice there was a problem (I seldom if ever lurk in the FSX section), until I realized that some old users had left the forum, and that was a couple of days ago. So I did some searching and found out all these bad vibrations poisoning the FSX forum. I totally fail to understand what it was that started this strange situation. The fact that this topic has been moved in the FS98 section adds to this surreal feeling...
Founder of A.A.A.A.A.A.A. (Aircraft Amateurs' Association Against Absurd Aviation Acronyms) My system specifications: FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2004 - AMD Athlon 64 3200+ CPU - 3 GB PC-3200 DDR400 dual channel RAM - 500 GB Seagate B
FridayChild
Major
Major

Postby mikegmbn » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:11 am

WOW........ first of all i'm in shock that fs98 forum is still running!!!!!! after about 9 years!!!!! (if they had the forum in '97) and second of all the people who were causin' trouble in the fsx forum are dunski ( well... the major troublemakers. and the stuff that goes on there is so small compared to the stuff that goes on in other places!!!!!! it's ok to the point were peoples lives are being threatened( sure it's a great, great annoyance but forget about them!!!! just enjoy flight sims which you obviously do. and when u have a prob. with fsx just google search it or somethin'!!!! and just don't reply to any of the people who are causin' trouble in the fsx forum. do it to the point where they decide to leave!!!!!! PROBLEM SOLVED ;D
Last edited by mikegmbn on Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikegmbn
Ground hog
Ground hog

Next

Return to Flight Simulator 98