Adding traffic to an airport by FsTraffic

Released in 1997, FS98 was heralded at the time as a great new Flight Simulator.

Adding traffic to an airport by FsTraffic

Postby jacilore » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:12 pm

Hi all: This is my first post here.

Although my first FS was FS2004, I am beginnng to discover and enjoy FS98. I know it can seem odd, but in fact I think that playing and knowing the two versions is a better way to enjoy Flight Simulator.

The question is that I would like to add traffic by FsTraffic to an airport (GCXO), that is not considered by that program an "active airport" so traffic doesn't work on it.

Could anybody tell me the best way to get an airport "active" for that program?.

Thanks in advance.
Jacilore
jacilore
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Adding traffic to an airport by FsTraffic

Postby cheesegrater » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:56 pm

I had FS98 with FSTraffic installed not too long ago but I reformatted recently.

I don't know. If it is an add-on airport you need to rebuild the airport database in FSTraffic.

Try looking in the FSTraffic pdf manual. I found the manual very detailed and it explained many technical aspects of the program.
cheesegrater

Postby jacilore » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:04 pm

Thanks cheesegrater:

Yes, my airport is an addon one, and actually I have already tried what you said, but the fact is Fstraffic doesn't recognize my airport as an ILS airport.

I have even used an utility to include it in the Airport Facility Directory but It doesn't let me include its ILS configuration. I think I'll have to find a forum of Scenery Designers.

Thanks anyway
jacilore
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby cheesegrater » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:59 pm

Does your airport have an ILS system? Does it have one in FS98?
Last edited by cheesegrater on Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheesegrater

Postby jacilore » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:44 pm

Yes, my airport has an ILS, it comes included in the addon. (In the original FS98 it doesn't exist)

Regards
Jacilore
jacilore
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby data65 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:28 pm

Hey, if you have FS Traffic could you e-mail it to me. I don't need the serial or anything. I paid for the program years ago so I have the serial, but I can't find a place to download it anymore. My e-mail is bendon65@msn.com. Thanks
data65
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby cheesegrater » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:51 pm

I lost the file when I reformatted. However, Fileplanet still has the demo. I don't know how the demo works, maybe if you have a serial you can unlock the full version.

http://www.fileplanet.com/81460/80000/f ... affic-2.01

I think in many ways this is better than the current FS2004 traffic programs because the traffic aircraft are the same quality as the aircraft in FS98. In FS2004 most of the traffic is low poly and looks like crap.
Last edited by cheesegrater on Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheesegrater

Return to Flight Simulator 98