EFIS 3-D navigation guides

Flight Simulator 2002. Questions, suggestions, problems or solutions... aim here!

EFIS 3-D navigation guides

Postby UDT21jack » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:47 pm

Hello to all:
Newbe, so please bear with me.
Recently purchased an old copy of FS2002 and am working on my landings.  It appears that on my Cessna 172P plane I have the option to place hoops, etc. onto my screen as was done in "Learning To Fly-Landing" lesson #4.
I checked onto  "Maps View" in the menu, then onto Navigation >EFIS.  Then enabled the EFIS Master Switch to have the 3-D navigation guides displayed in the sky.
Then I clicked: Type>Hoops, Range>Long, Density>Thin.  I then checked "Engage">plot intercepting pattern. 
I next went to: "Lock to ILS/LOC for landing approach and found that I can't do it.  There is a faint circle with a dot in it for-"Lock to VOR and altitude tracking. Is that faint dot a default or was possibly used in setup by the previous owner.
Any detailed instructions would be most appreciated.
I know this is an old program, but that's why I bought it as my first try at FS.  Thanks again to all.
UDT21jack
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: EFIS 3-D navigation guides

Postby Webb » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:08 pm

If I recall correctly, and it's been a long time,

You can't lock to
Last edited by Webb on Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby UDT21jack » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:20 am

Webb;

Thank you for your quick response.  I did not expect one so quickly on such an old program.  I think I understand your remarks and I will go back and start again using an actual flight insted of a partial save.   
    This program did not come with a paper manual.  I purchased the "Book" about FS2002 by David Chong and that was a total waste of money.  I am downloading several parts of a manual from the discs.  Thanks again for your quick response.  Later, Jack
UDT21jack
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Gringo6 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:59 pm

I think you have to have the Nav #1 radio tuned to an ILS frequency, then it works automatically.
Gringo6
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to FS 2002