Can anybody help Mario?

Flight Simulator 2002. Questions, suggestions, problems or solutions... aim here!

Can anybody help Mario?

Postby Fly2e » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:38 pm

I received a PM from a member, can anybody help him?

i don't mean to bother you but i looked a little in to the fs2002 forum and couldn't find my answer there is no organization for fs2002 posts

Anyways to the reason for my messaging you'

very recently i have found out that my simulator is off...directionally if i travel due north as per land marks and what i know is north my sim shows about a 100 degree difference and it is quite annoying as for flying and locating the proper runways.

do you have any idea what would cause this???

i also have had allot of crashes and have to use the fs2000 exe to run the sim this is also annoying but not detrimental to flight

any help would be appreciated thank you in advance

Mario Salcido
COMING SOON!
Fly2e
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Can anybody help Mario?

Postby pete » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:54 pm

Hello Mario if you read this.
1st your question could probably be asked in FS2004 ---

2nd Can you give a precise example of where you think the sim is way off course? Airport, landmark, aircraft you are flying, etc?

You should not be using the FS2000 exe to run the sim .... in any way I know of. Why do you have to do that?

:)
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Salcidomd » Tue May 24, 2011 7:55 pm

My apologies for the Huge delay the issue im having is that sitting at any airport at the end of the runway my heading and the heading and the Runway or not the same im siting at the end of KALS Rwy 2 (my home town Airport) and when i press Shift +Z it shoes my heading as 120 and its not all the time its periodicly
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." -Leonardo da Vinci -
Salcidomd
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Webb » Tue May 24, 2011 8:22 pm

For FS2002 (it doesn't work with FS2004) get Scanner for FS2002 bgl file problems (about 3/4 down the page).

Scanner for FS2002 bgl file problems. Scans all your scenery bgl files for format errors that can interfere with FS2002's indexing process. This can cause problems such as airports missing from the GoTo Airport window, FS hanging or crashing on startup, and problems with utilities that use facility files, like AFCAD and FSNavigator. By Lee Swordy. 26K

It won't fix anything but it will tell you if you have any bad .bgl files.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby ViperPilot » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:04 pm

Mario,

I just checked FS 2002 for the issue you were experiencing, and everything seems to be lined up properly. I start at 2V2 (Vance Brand Airport, Longmont CO) on RWY 11 and the Shift + Z calls out the proper heading as 110
ViperPilot
Captain
Captain

Return to FS 2002