MSFS+FSNavigator

Flight Simulator 2002. Questions, suggestions, problems or solutions... aim here!

MSFS+FSNavigator

Postby Ribi700 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:45 pm

Hello Hello......Is there anybody out there. 

To the point.  I recently found an old copy of MSFM2002  in the back of a box where I put it in 2002 after my then computer failed miserably to run it at anything like acceptable FR.     Rediscovered I could not resist the urge to fire it up and see what I had missed.  Now of course everything Is running like a dream,  maxed out the graphics are sleek as a seal pup under an arctic December moon.  I had a little sim experience in the mean time flying IL2 but MSFM has all the navigational complexity that IL2 lacks and Ive spent the last few days Updating airports,  meshes,  planes, discovering VORS, VFR, IFR,  installing AI and generally poking about long dead forums and reading ancient Aramaic posts on websites overgrown and reclaimed by mother nature.

So my questions are. 

1.  Is anybody out there.
2.  Feel like helping someone so behind the times out ?

If so.

3.  I installed FS navigator and when I create a flight plan I export it to MSFS2002 flight plans.  Then I Call up the plan from an airfield via pressing alt the planned route goes great and the ATC and IFR works fine but all of the altitudes I created In FS navigator disappear and I'm just told to climb to  (whatever was the highest waypoint in FSnavigator) and then I'm only told to descend when I'm approaching my landing.  Why do the way point altitudes not follow from FSnavigator to the sim.?

Hope that made sense..... If not...her is what Im trying to do....

Create a flightplan in Fs navigator say   Glasgow to Inverness.....  flying At different altitudes as I fly a route over different waypoints( with different altitudes)  using IFR.   

I will leave it there and cast this missive onto the stormy ocean of bits and hope someone out there is still like me looking to the past.  Thanks in advance..
Ribi700
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: MSFS+FSNavigator

Postby Apex » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:17 pm

Welcome aboard.

Lots of us out here and great help too, but most on FS2004 and FSX, so don't know who's watching this forum these days.

I'm running FS2002 and FS2004, know some things, but not what you asked about, I fly by the seat of my pants.

However, a lot of your questions about FS2002 can be applied to FS2004, so if you don't get help in this spot, try the FS2004 forum, just say you're running FS02 and "does this apply?"

Cheers!
Apex
Major
Major

Postby Ribi700 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:15 pm

I kind of thought that might be the case but upstanding citizen of good account I thought I would post here first knowing not knowing how the rules would be applied.  (see Porto's second goal tonight)   Thanks for letting me know.  I will desist from intruding upon  the other forums for a day or two and then give it a whirl if nothing turns up here.  Thanks again.
Ribi700
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:39 am

Fozzer should be able to help you with FSNavigator. If he doesn't spot this you might like to send him a PM.
Last edited by Hagar on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:47 pm

Hello Ribi...

Hagar has just given me the heads-up on this...

I have been using FS Navigator on all my Flight Sims, FS 2000, FS 2002, FS 2004. But I only use it as a GPS moving Map containing my flight plan for my low level VFR General Aviation Aircraft and to obtain various Radio Frequencies en route.
Nothing more complicated than that.
I don't use high altitude, Commercial Passenger Jets in any of the Sims, conforming to strict rules, so my use of FS navigator is for simple, general purpose navigation only.

...sorry... :'(...!

Paul...G-BPLF...FS 2004...FS Navigator...and a Compass... 8-)...!
Last edited by Fozzer on Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Capt.Propwash » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:25 pm

the only way that you are going to get Various Altitudes at (VOR/DME, INTERSECTIONS, ETC) is if you actually set FSNAV to go from one airport to another airport, you then descend like you are going to go to that airport, fly over it, but continue on your trip instead.
Last edited by Capt.Propwash on Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The thoughts and expressions contained in the post above are solely my own, and not necessarily those of Simviation.com, its Moderators, its Staff, its Members, or other guests. They can not, are not, and will not be held liable for any thoughts, or expre
Capt.Propwash
Major
Major

Postby Ribi700 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:36 am

Ok.    I will give this a try and see how I do.  Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply so rapidly.  Fair restores my faith in human nature.  Sure i will be back with other questions and hope they are all meet with the same willingness to help.

Again thanks....
Ribi700
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Fozzer » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:07 am

The only thing I would add to Propwash's post, if you are flying as a "Commercial Pilot", is to enable the "All Intersections" button on the right-hand side of the FS Nav panel....
This will show all the Intersections (ISEC) which appear on the Navigation Charts, and which Commercial Pilots navigate by, with instructions from Air Traffic Control, particularly directly after leaving an Commercial Airport. This prevents collisions.
They are used as "Waypoints" in between VOR's , NDB's and Airfields, etc, eg: "Road Signs"!

(Courtesy of FS Navigator).

Paul...G-BPLF...FS 23004...FS Navigator... 8-)...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Capt.Propwash » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:29 pm

correct Foz.  Make sure that if you want to use airports that you double up the airport as I did in my earlier post.  If you want ISEC (intersections) make sure you double those up.

the reason why you double up, is just so each leg has an END OF CLIMB , and BEGINNING OF DESCENT somewhere in each leg so that you can go up to FL200 then back down to 4000.

hehe, I see the NASA Vomit Comet coming to mind on this one... LOL  [smiley=evil.gif]
The thoughts and expressions contained in the post above are solely my own, and not necessarily those of Simviation.com, its Moderators, its Staff, its Members, or other guests. They can not, are not, and will not be held liable for any thoughts, or expre
Capt.Propwash
Major
Major

Return to FS 2002