AI aircraft missing

Flight Simulator 2002. Questions, suggestions, problems or solutions... aim here!

AI aircraft missing

Postby ViperPilot » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:38 am

Hey there! Here's another question:

Has anybody had an occurrence where there aren't any AI aircraft? I have the AI traffic set @ 100%, but none show up. I remember having them when I first ran FS 2002, but now they're gone.

Thanks to all who have responded to my previous posts; it's good to find places like this where everyone's willing to lend a hand and help out, especially for noob jockeys like me!
ViperPilot
Captain
Captain

Re: AI aircraft missing

Postby Hagar » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:33 pm

It's a very long time since I had anything to do with FS2002 although I still have it installed for troubleshooting purposes. The first thing I suggest is to look in the FS2002\Aircraft folder for a file named default.dp. If the file is missing you found the cause of your problem. I think this file can be retrieved from the FS2002 CDs.*

*PS. It should be in aircraft.cab on CD-1
Last edited by Hagar on Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ViperPilot » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:47 pm

Hagar,

Thanks for the tip. I found the file, & copied it to my FS 2002 folder. Started the sim, set AI traffic to 100%... still nothing.
Not that I don't mind being in the sky alone, but it is a little lonely up there... LOL!
ViperPilot
Captain
Captain

Postby Northwest 102 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:09 pm

You can check to see if only IFR or VFR flights are checked. I think if both are unchecked traffic should appear.

Mike
Fly D E L T A/NORTHWEST AIRLINES!
Northwest 102
Major
Major

Postby ViperPilot » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:15 pm

Mike,

Thanks for the tip. I checked off IFR & VFR flights and started the sim; still no AI aircraft. I'll probably have to reinstall FS 2002 in order for the AI to show up. It's better the way it is right now because with the way I'm flying, the less aircraft in the air the better! Don't want to risk all of those precious virtual lives with a noob GA jockey up there...lol
ViperPilot
Captain
Captain

Postby Hagar » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:01 am

Hagar,

Thanks for the tip. I found the file, & copied it to my FS 2002 folder. Started the sim, set AI traffic to 100%... still nothing.
Not that I don't mind being in the sky alone, but it is a little lonely up there... LOL!

It lives in the FS2002\Aircraft folder.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby WebbPA » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:13 am

I managed to wipe out all of my AI aircraft once.  Here's how I did it.

I didn't like my aircraft being referred to as Paint1, Paint2, etc. in my logbook so I renamed the titles in aircraft.cfg to Continental, Delta, etc.  The simulator refused to recognize the new titles as AI aircraft.  After I replaced the original titles they all came back.
WebbPA
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby ViperPilot » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:21 am

Hagar...

Once again, to the rescue! the default.dp file has come home to the AIRCRAFT folder, and all is well again!

Thanks again for your continued assistance!

Alan
ViperPilot
Captain
Captain

Postby Hagar » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:55 am

Hagar...

Once again, to the rescue! the default.dp file has come home to the AIRCRAFT folder, and all is well again!

Thanks again for your continued assistance!

Alan

[smiley=thumbsup.gif] My memory is obviously better than I thought. [smiley=beer.gif]

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to FS 2002