FS2002std Lessons VOR issue

Flight Simulator 2002. Questions, suggestions, problems or solutions... aim here!

FS2002std Lessons VOR issue

Postby Sir Puma » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:37 am

Hello out there in computer land. I'm new here (my first post so please don't trash me too bad  :o ). I have been going through the lessons in FS2002 Standard edition. Not once has there been an audio lesson or even audible ATC and during the VOR lesson there isn't any instruction at all. Usually I get a little bar at the top of the window with written instructions as to what to do, but on this lesson I get nothing.

I've looked through the past 7 pages in this forum section but didn't see anything that matched my issue. Has anyone else run across this problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.

My boy recently got FS Century of Flight and is having fun with it. We found this place looking for additional planes for the two sims and so we may be coming back often.
"Guard well the words you use, for they can be the keys to your freedom or the manacles of your slavery." - me
Sir Puma
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: FS2002std Lessons VOR issue

Postby Hagar » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:43 am

Hi & welcome. For a start you might like to read this. http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;177252

Please tell us if it helps.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Sir Puma » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:50 am

Ah, thanks. I couldn't manage to find any help online through MS. But that helped. All my settings were correct and should have worked. Turned out I needed to install a CODEX. Of course I had to install two before I found one that worked. Glad I didn't have to go through 20.

Thanks again.
"Guard well the words you use, for they can be the keys to your freedom or the manacles of your slavery." - me
Sir Puma
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby BFMF » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:05 pm

Welcome to SimV, and hello from across the state... ;)

Its been so long since i've used FS2002, but if I remember right, the flight lessons were full of bugs. In addition to the FS lessons, I would highly recommend reading through the Sim Flight Training Series by one of our members, Brett Henderson

http://205.252.250.26/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaB ... 1208113107
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Return to FS 2002