I need your help!

Flight Simulator 2002. Questions, suggestions, problems or solutions... aim here!

I need your help!

Postby james007 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:06 am

I need your help in finding scapaflow.zip scenery please.

I have been looking for and I have not found it!

Your help will be appreciate it!

Thank you!
Last edited by james007 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
james007
Major
Major

Re: I need your help!

Postby ShaneG_old » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:44 pm

forum post about it: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... p?p=278835

link from forum post above to the file in .rar format: http://www.filefront.com/14809467/scapaflowfull.rar/

Hope this helps.  :)
ShaneG_old
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: I need your help!

Postby H » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:10 pm

I don't know how geographically specific you're attempting to be. Scapa Flow should be an integral part of Scotland scenery and may not be in a seperate .zip, so check your 'Scotland' sceneries.

Are you actually to use this for 2k2 or intending to slip it into your CFS2 folder? I started a small 'CFS'1 Pacific island mission series over a year ago and had to use an alternate 'FS' island because, although too modern, at least Ronalap hasn't changed runway count and shape as much since WW2... and Roi-Namur, what I should use, are nowadays merged into one island and two of the, perhaps more important, runways are gone.

I recently rendered my complaint elsewhere that I still have a World Trade Center where no such World Trade Center now is. I still contend that the (static) object .bgl should be seperate from the geographical .bgl (scenery), especially in CFS but in FS, as well -- that is, buildings, vehicles, planes, etc., shouldn't be an intregal part of the geographical scenery just because it is expected that they won't be going anywhere; the geographical .bgl should just be the (usually) more slowly changing features of Mother Earth and 'static' object shouldn't be all that static. If you wish to portray a disaster, your house or hanger then floats or is blown away.
I seem to have gotten a bit carried away, again... maybe we should link this in the Scenery department.
::)

Edit: I see Shane posted during the time this sat in notepad, betwixt my time of typing and posting it. :-X

8-)
Last edited by H on Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to FS 2002