Finding Default Flyable Aircraft

Flight Simulator 2002. Questions, suggestions, problems or solutions... aim here!

Finding Default Flyable Aircraft

Postby Shellhole » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:05 pm

I have had my FS2002 for some years now but recently decided to dust it off and re-install it.  I am so thrilled that I did, because being an ex_Rhodesian Air Force member I have aircraft  in my blood!!
Sorry, this has probably been asked a zillion times, but I can't find my answers in the forum posts.
Now here's my problem: What is the easiest method to find the Original flyable default version of any given aircraft type.  There seem to be tons of repaints but I just can't seem to find the default aircraft that works just like the default Microsoft planes.  One case in point is the dh-dash8-100.  There are many livery repaints, but I just cannot for the life of me find the default one. And I have tried all sorts of searches.  Can someone pleeeaaase help me!
Shellhole
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Finding Default Flyable Aircraft

Postby WebbPA » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:59 pm

They are all on CD1 in a file named aircraft.cab.

You can open aircraft.cab with Winzip, Winrar or 7-zip.
WebbPA
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Shellhole » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:48 am

Thanks for your reply.  As you say the default aircraft for FS2002 are there.  What I am looking for is the original aircraft in the add-on download section.  I am able to find many "repaints" of my case in point, the Dash 8-100, but I cannot find the flyable orignal on which the repaint was based.
Shellhole
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:51 am

Some repaints will include the complete aircraft but it's more likely they will just be the repainted textures. These can be added as a new variation to the default aircraft or it's possible to create a separate one if you wish. In both cases you will need to edit Aircraft.cfg to add the new variation.

My Add a Repaint tute will give you the basic idea. http://www.simviation.com/lair/Repaint2002.htm

PS. I've just realised that the FS2002 default Dash-8 is an unflyable AI Only drone. It's possible to convert this to a flyable aircraft but the flight dynamics might not be too realistic. I found a ready-modified version here. http://www.simviation.com/fs2002props1.htm
Last edited by Hagar on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Shellhole » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:23 pm

WOW!! A 3 minute reply!! Thanks. I will try your suggestions.
Shellhole
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to FS 2002