Help me to taxi

Flight Simulator 2002. Questions, suggestions, problems or solutions... aim here!

Help me to taxi

Postby Bedjoe » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:25 pm

Well i know how to take off, using appr with some help with my dad.
But i don't know how to taxi to the runway, because i always use 'active runaway' before is start :-[
But i want to learn how to taxi without a joystick, because i'm playing on my laptop and most aircraft i use are the military and civial jets.

I googled it, but the only thing i saw was rudder?
How u activate it, because i only see numpad 0 en ENTER?
Bedjoe
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Help me to taxi

Postby Fozzer » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:32 am

Its very difficult to see how anyone can successfully use a computer Flight Simulator programme without the use of a "Flight Joystick"... :o...!

Trying to use the Computer keyboard to fully control the aircraft, always leads to frustration!... :'(...!

...not a good way to appreciate, and fully enjoy, the program...;)...!

The Aircraft can be started from various locations, selected in the Flight Sim Drop-down Menu.

Paul...G-BPLF...FS 2004... 8-)...!
Last edited by Fozzer on Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Help me to taxi

Postby H » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:55 am

[color=#003300]Foz isn't used to flying by the seat of his pants -- in fact, he may no longer fly on his motorcycle with the seat of his pants...
Although my Air Force days had me operating a radar for shooting planes down or directing bomber flight paths (we were Airmen and NCOs who got to tell officers where to go, "Maintain your heading... you have missiles inbound... keep your pants on,,, drop your load now!), I didn't fly a plane until after my hitch. However, the keyboard doesn't truly equivelate the sim to your feet on the rudder control of an actual aircraft.
Still, since my flights are more often in CFS, I've returned to base with battle damage and had to use the keyboard; some planes will steer by applying the left or right brake (be careful not to nose over). On my sims I've designated the Delete, End and Page Down keys as Left, All and Right brake, respectively. My left and right arrows are for rudder control. With most aircraft, you will find greater turning control at very slow speeds.
[center]Good
Last edited by H on Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to FS 2002