Instructor Sound Files very difficult to hear

Flight Simulator 2002. Questions, suggestions, problems or solutions... aim here!

Instructor Sound Files very difficult to hear

Postby Prague » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:23 am

Hello everyone, I have just joined and I hope this is the right forum.
Prague
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Instructor Sound Files very difficult to hear

Postby JerryH » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:45 pm

Hi, Prague, and welcome to SimV. Yours is a difficult problem.

First, I'll assume that you have adjusted the volume by selecting Settings, the Sound button and the Lessons slider.

I started my Sim addiction seven years ago with FS2002, tried a few lessons then quit. It may have been because of the sound, but I don't remember that far back. I'm also hard of hearing but get along reasonably well with hearing aids. Because of your question, I just checked out a lesson on FS2002 and found it impossible to understand the instructor most of the time.

So far I've found only one possible solution. I now use FS2004 exclusively so I checked out one of those lessons. Surprisingly, the instructor's voice is 100% better. It didn't have the raspy, radio sound of FS2002. I could hear him clearly without headphones, and I know my headphones would probably make it even better.

This solution may not be to your liking, so hang around the forum for a while to see if anyone has a better way.

Good luck. Let us know when you find a solution.

Regards,
JerryH
JerryH
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Prague » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:28 pm

Hi jerry and thanks for the quick response.
Prague
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby JerryH » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:35 pm

You're very welcome, Peter.

You'll be lucky if you can find a demo, but it's certainly worth a try. Not all hearing problems are the same, and I would hate to lead you astray.

I didn't purchase FS2004 until mid-2007 and I think I got it at Amazon.com. Can't find the receipt, but it wasn't very much.

JerryH
JerryH
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:06 pm

Prague... ;)...!

The good news, is that FS 2004 can be obtained at most Computer Game shops at a budget price......and well worth purchasing!...;)...!

Paul...G-BPLF...FS 2004... 8-)
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Prague » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:31 pm

Thanks Paul, I think I will do that as Jerry indicates that in his view the lessons are much more easily heard in 2004.
Prague
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Prague » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:46 pm

Hi, Prague, and welcome to SimV. Yours is a difficult problem.

First, I'll assume that you have adjusted the volume by selecting Settings, the Sound button and the Lessons slider.

I started my Sim addiction seven years ago with FS2002, tried a few lessons then quit. It may have been because of the sound, but I don't remember that far back. I'm also hard of hearing but get along reasonably well with hearing aids. Because of your question, I just checked out a lesson on FS2002 and found it impossible to understand the instructor most of the time.

So far I've found only one possible solution. I now use FS2004 exclusively so I checked out one of those lessons. Surprisingly, the instructor's voice is 100% better. It didn't have the raspy, radio sound of FS2002. I could hear him clearly without headphones, and I know my headphones would probably make it even better.

This solution may not be to your liking, so hang around the forum for a while to see if anyone has a better way.

Good luck. Let us know when you find a solution.

Regards,
JerryH

hello again, I think I may have found a piece of software that will help you, me and others with not so good ears - FSFlyingSchool Flight Sim for Microsoft Flight Simulator X FSX and FS2004
Prague
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby JerryH » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:23 pm

Thanks, Peter, I did take a look at that website. So far I'm doing okay with just the hearing aids. But I've saved the link to FSFlyingSchool for future reference just in case.

It looks like you now have some options that look promising. After you've made use of your credit card, I hope you will check back in and give us a progress report.

Good luck and happy flying.

Regards,
JerryH
JerryH
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Prague » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:56 pm

Hello again Jerry,
Prague
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby JerryH » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:32 pm

Thank you for the progress report, Peter. Often we never know if our suggestions result in success or failure.

I'm excited to learn that your experience with FS2004 makes so much difference. After completing the lessons, I hope you'll continue to enjoy the "game" as much as I do.

Good luck with your new hobby!

JerryH
JerryH
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby DenisH » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:00 am

Amazon USA currently  has FS2004 for about $15.
DenisH
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby DenisH » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:02 am

As an aside, FS is priceless once you get the hang of it all.  Especially in an age when a concert ticket can cost up to $12 :-/00.
DenisH
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to FS 2002