Help Needed

Flight Simulator 2002. Questions, suggestions, problems or solutions... aim here!

Help Needed

Postby sathish » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:15 am

HI all,

I am new to this place and also i am a novice in Flight simulation games.... I need your help in playing the game first.. it is very difficult for me to rmember the keys to run the flight...

i love to play games in my PC, after viewing this website i got completely addicted to this flight simulation... so guys plzz plz help me out, pls tell me wht all the things needed to learn the flying techniques. even i have an idea of building my own cockpit...  :(
sathish
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Help Needed

Postby 727 driver » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:44 pm

well welcome to flight sim,,the 1st thing i would do is at the very least get a joy stick or a yolk...trying to fly with the keyboard or mouse is difficult and not realistic..2nd thing is this flight sim really isent a game ..it simulates real flight ...its not like xbox 360 where you can be shot 284 times get a life cherry and keep going to the next level...if you crash your plane the sim ends and you start all over again..so do yourself a major favor...TAKE THE LESSONS...if you dont you will get frustrated to the point where you wont even enjoy flight sim at all..so take some advice from not only a real world pilot but someone who has done flight sim since the early 90s...if you do this right you can and will loose yourself in the sim as many of us who enjoys FS DO[quote]HI all,

I am new to this place and also i am a novice in Flight simulation games.... I need your help in playing the game first.. it is very difficult for me to rmember the keys to run the flight...

i love to play games in my PC, after viewing this website i got completely addicted to this flight simulation... so guys plzz plz help me out, pls tell me wht all the things needed to learn the flying techniques. even i have an idea of building my own cockpit...
727 driver
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby WebbPA » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:43 pm

Here is a list of all keyboard commands.

It's more of a reference tool than a cheatsheet.  Most of the commands are easier to access by clicking on the gauges.
WebbPA
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby sathish » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:33 am

Thank you for ur Advice.... i am planning to get a joystick... i have searched in google and various blogs, lot of them prefer Logitech or saitek.. i dnt wht is the differrence in these 2.. can u help me out with this.. pls tell me which is best...also will it differ for different FS..
sathish
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby WebbPA » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:58 pm

Logitech and Saitek are just brand names and each company makes several different controllers.

I have a Microsoft Sidewinder that has never given me a bit of trouble in 10 years or so.

Here are several at Newegg, one of the best and cheapest mail order suppliers.

A bare bones stick would have 8 directions and a fire button.

For FS you will need a "hat switch", which will make exterior viewing easier.

I have a single throttle slider, which I consider necessary and much more realistic than the keyboard or mouse.

Then you may want some programmable buttons so you don't have to keep going to the keyboard.  Mine has 8 but I only use 4 of them regularly.  I don't even remember what the other ones do.
WebbPA
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to FS 2002