Lower the rpm of the engine

Flight Simulator 2002. Questions, suggestions, problems or solutions... aim here!

Lower the rpm of the engine

Postby Exoman » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:40 pm

I have a problem with 2 airplanes in my simulator. Both have the rotor in very high rpm, so one of them (a PC12) moves forward even with the parking brakes set.
Any one knows how to lower the rpm of the engines? I have tried to fix it with the air config and up down one or two values but with no results. Please help.
Exoman
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Lower the rpm of the engine

Postby Staiduk » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:33 pm

I have a problem with 2 airplanes in my simulator. Both have the rotor in very high rpm, so one of them (a PC12) moves forward even with the parking brakes set.
Any one knows how to lower the rpm of the engines? I have tried to fix it with the air config and up down one or two values but with no results. Please help.

Exoman: Can you please copy and paste the [Piston Engine] and [Propeller] sections of your Aircraft.cfg file, please? Thanks.

The problem is very common and easy to fix - usually you need to lower the 'Beta min=' value. Try lowering that value and see the effect. If you have trouble, post those sections and I'll fix 'er up for you. :)

Oh - and welcome to SimV! ;D
Last edited by Staiduk on Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Staiduk
Major
Major

Postby Exoman » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:12 am

Staiduk:

Thanks very much for your advice, it works perfect.

Thanks and thanks also for the welcome.

I have another question, I have notice that with the Cessna 208 I can
Exoman
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby MeekRN » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:29 pm

i have a similar problem. i have to move my throttle up about 25% before it starts to effect engine rpm, i have throttle sensativity as max and null zone as 0 in the settings on FSX.

[piston_engine]
//CAFE REPORT - RUN UP AGAINST BRAKES STATIC RPM 2662
power_scalar=1.00                              //Piston power scalar
cylinder_displacement=95.8                     //Cubic inches per cylinder  550 CUBIC INCH TOTAL ADJUSTED 4 HP
compression_ratio=8.5                    //Compression ratio from LEGACY TEST REPORT 8.5
number_of_cylinders=6                           //Number of cylinders
max_rated_rpm=2700                             //Max rated RPM   THIS IS MAX RPM - A CONSTANT SPEED PROP WILL LIMIT TO THIS VALUE
max_rated_hp=310                               //Max rated HP  CONTENTIAL IO-550-N 550 cubic inches NA FI
fuel_metering_type=0                           //0=Fuel Injected, 1=Gravity Carbureter, 2=Aerobatic Carbureter
cooling_type=0                                 //0=Cooling type Air, 1=Cooling type Liquid
normalized_starter_torque=0.3                  //Starter torque factor
turbocharged=0                                 //Is it turbocharged? 0=FALSE, 1=TRUE
max_design_mp=0                                //Max design manifold pressure, (inHg)
min_design_mp=0                                //Min design manifold pressure, (inHg)
critical_altitude=0                            //Altitude to which the turbocharger will provide max design manifold pressure (feet)
emergency_boost_type=0                         //0=None, 1=Water Injection, 2=Methanol/Water injection, 3=War Emergency Power
emergency_boost_mp_offset=0                    //Additional manifold pressure supplied by emergency boost
emergency_boost_gain_offset=0                  //Multiplier on manifold pressure due to emergency boost
fuel_air_auto_mixture=1                   //Automixture available? 0=FALSE, 1=TRUE    A FI current designed engine will have automixture RECORD 507 should not have any impact on the power beings we are auto mixture.
auto_ignition=1                                //Auto-Ignition available? 0=FALSE, 1=TRUE
max_rpm_mechanical_efficiency_scalar=1.0       //Scalar on maximum RPM mechanical efficiency
idle_rpm_mechanical_efficiency_scalar=1.0      //Scalar on idle RPM mechanical efficiency
max_rpm_friction_scalar=1.0                    //Scalar on maximum RPM friction
idle_rpm_friction_scalar=1.0                   //Scalar on idle RPM friction

[propeller]
thrust_scalar=1.0               //Propeller thrust scalar WAS1.0 Use .1 for dyno testing
propeller_type=0  //1
propeller_diameter=5.75     //5.75
propeller_blades=2
propeller_moi=4.900000
beta_max=40
beta_min=25
min_gov_rpm=1200.000000
prop_tc=0.100000
gear_reduction_ratio=1.000000
fixed_pitch_beta=38.920000
low_speed_theory_limit=80.000000
prop_sync_available=0
prop_deice_available=0
prop_feathering_available=0                    //Prop feathering available?  0=FALSE, 1=TRUE
prop_auto_feathering_available=0               //Prop auto-feathering available?  0=FALSE, 1=TRUE
min_rpm_for_feather=0                          //Minimum RPM for prop feathering
beta_feather=0                                 //Feathering pitch angle (degrees)
power_absorbed_cf=0                            //Coefficient of friction for power absorbed by propeller
defeathering_accumulators_available=0          //Defeathering accumulators available? 0=FALSE, 1=TRUE
prop_reverse_available=0                       //Prop reverse available?  0=FALSE, 1=TRUE
minimum_on_ground_beta=0                       //Miminum pitch angle on ground, (degrees)
minimum_reverse_beta=0                         //Minimum pitch angle in reverse, (degrees)
MeekRN
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Sean_TK » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:10 pm

Before digging in the cfg itself, with turboprops in FS, you have to be aware of the position of the condition levers. If you have it in high-idle all the time when on the ground, of course you will creep forward. Try adjusting them to the low idle, or even below the low-idle settings.
Sean_TK
Major
Major

Postby ozzy72 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:25 pm

Try adjusting or even feathering your props ;)
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Return to FS 2002