Pilot's Handbook

Flight Simulator 2002. Questions, suggestions, problems or solutions... aim here!

Pilot's Handbook

Postby picksix » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:03 pm

I'm sure this haas been brought up in here before but I can't find any posts on it -
Where can I find the Pilot's Handbook that FS2002 refers to that is supposed to have the flight charts used in the Comercial Pilot lessons?  I looked in Articles/help and program directory files - I found all the manuals, books and charts except the "Pilot's Handbook".  
picksix
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Pilot's Handbook

Postby Hagar » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:08 pm

It's a long time since I fired up FS2002. This  might help. http://support.empireinteractive.com/default.aspx?MID=60568495217F&PID=7F5DE67A-A626-4AB7-A0BB-1F7D1221D669

[quote]Lessons briefings for the Flight Simulator 2002 Commercial and ATP lessons refer to the Flight Simulator 2000 Pilot's Handbook. You can find the equivalent information referenced in these briefings in the Flight Simulator 2002 Handbooks, which are found by clicking Library/Help on the main screen.

In the Lessons, turning autopilot off and then on again causes the aircraft to bank to the left.
The briefing for the Instruments Checkride says that you need the SEA VOR 16 L/R chart. That

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby picksix » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:42 pm

Well, I'm pretty sure I located and printed out every single chart available from the program folders, and there are quite a few, but none of the ones needed for the commercial check ride are there.
picksix
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:48 am

Did you look in charts.cab on CD-1? I would check for you but can't find my FS2002 CDs right now.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby picksix » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:55 pm

Did you look in charts.cab on CD-1? I would check for you but can't find my FS2002 CDs right now.

Yep - not there.  Idid get the missing charts online from NACO but they're new charts and probably don't match the ones used by the programs.  For instance, I downloaded a new 2008 chart for one of the Seattle airports and the approach instructions differ from the instructions on the chart that came with the program.  We'll see.  I'll give it a try and see what happens.
picksix
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby picksix » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:30 am

I tried the commercial checkride with the new charts that I got online and it looks like it will work - I failed my first few tries, of course, but that was only due to my lack of ability in stying within the tolerances.  
picksix
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to FS 2002